Best lap times on "hidden" tracks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Touring Mars
  • 11 comments
  • 898 views

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Staff Emeritus
Messages
31,327
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
GTP_Mars
OK, so they're not exactly hidden tracks, they're just not conventionally available, but I've recently taken to trying out Laguna Seca and Monte Carlo in reverse.

Laguna Seca is particularly great in reverse, with the 'upward corkscrew' :eek: which is reminiscent of a section of the old F1 track at Estoril, Portugal (try it and see!)

Monte Carlo in reverse is a bit of a head**** 🤬, since I'm so used to the circuit, it is almost sacreligous to do it backwards, but it is a new experience nonetheless.

I must admit to having not tried this yet, but I see no reason why you couldn't get laptimes by inventive use of the 'Data Logger' facility, ( a much under-used thing if you ask me)

So let's see those best times... I'm particularly interested in times for FR cars, as my 'standard' car around Laguna Seca is the Denso Sard Supra...

Have fun with the 'new' tracks :p
 
I think you just drive the wrong way around the normal track?
 
u win the montecarlo endurnce race twice with german cars :p
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
u win the montecarlo endurnce race twice with german cars :p
no you do 1000 laps of complex string in free run with a pink vitz :D
 
:rolleyes: Yes, you just go the wrong way round, they are not really 'hidden' tracks! :lol:

But I recommend following the advice put forth here. 1000 laps of ANY circuit in the pink Vitz (the Pitz.... or the 'Paris' as it is known here in Europe) will probably make you hallicunate! :D , and then you can pretend you are racing anywhere you like!
 
Originally posted by Touring Mars
:rolleyes: Yes, you just go the wrong way round, they are not really 'hidden' tracks! :lol:

But I recommend following the advice put forth here. 1000 laps of ANY circuit in the pink Vitz (the Pitz.... or the 'Paris' as it is known here in Europe) will probably make you hallicunate! :D , and then you can pretend you are racing anywhere you like!
lmao :lol:
 
You jokers are the Pitz!:lol:
 
:lol:
I dunno, I guess I'll have to try that one time, I used to do Laguna Seca , park on the corkscrew facing upwards, and wait for the AI to hit me, and then the car would go flying in the air and hit an invisible wall above the barriers...
 
I've tried "Laguna Reverse" Good luck landing on the track after the corkscrew!!:p
 
Originally posted by Rat Bastid
I've tried "Laguna Reverse" Good luck landing on the track after the corkscrew!!:p
lmao :lol:

i wish there were some tracks with really long steep uphill sections, driving full throttle up and down hills is the best feeling in the world.
 
Originally posted by Touring Mars
:rolleyes: Yes, you just go the wrong way round, they are not really 'hidden' tracks! :lol:
After getting the "Wrong Way" treatment in GT2, I figure there would be changes to this in GT3. No such luck for the real race tracks; I suppose licensing plays a heavy hand in that.
 
Back