Best manufacturers for a beginner driver?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello, I've had a few messages here in GTPlanet but I'm still very much a newbie. :D

I've been playing Gran Turismo my whole life and completed every game to it's fullest extebt. Recently bought GT Sport and I'm loving the game so far, not very much used to the physics just yet though, but it feels superb. A great step-up from Gran Turismo 6, and GT6 was great!

I wanted to ask the more experienced drivers of Sport what manufacturer has the cars which are easiest / most predictable to drive. I am not fussed about straight line speed, I'd prefer to have a car which is easy to drive online so I'm less likely to do something stupid and ruin someone's race. :D

I am mainly asking about Gr.4 and Gr.3 with BoP, but Gr.2 and Gr.1 suggestions with BoP would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Side-question: are the Super Formulas different in any way? There's a Toyota and a Honda, but is one better than the other or not?

First, welcome to GT Sport!
For Gr.3, probably the Corvette or the 911. The 4-doors could be more stable too.
Gr.2, go for the 2016 ones, Autech GT-R is pretty good.
Gr.4, Porsche is quite solid, but Huracan is meta.
Gr.1, your personal choice but not the old ones, the LMP's and VGT's have much more downforce. Alpine VGT and R18 are the meta.
The Super Formula cars just have a difference in sound, but most liveries are made for the Honda, if that's what you need.

My unhelpful advice would be to find cars that you enjoy driving and are quick in! Everyone has a different driving style and will prefer different characteristics. Personally I've found Mercedes to be easy to drive and very forgiving.

Specifically on Mazda, I've found the Gr.3 Atenza to be very underrated. It's a solid choice in Gr.3. The Gr.4 Atenza on the other hand I've found to be completely useless, especially if tyre wear is involved.

Welcome to GTSport and GTPlanet :)

My unhelpful advice would be to find cars that you enjoy driving and are quick in! Everyone has a different driving style and will prefer different characteristics. Personally I've found Mercedes to be easy to drive and very forgiving.

Specifically on Mazda, I've found the Gr.3 Atenza to be very underrated. It's a solid choice in Gr.3. The Gr.4 Atenza on the other hand I've found to be completely useless, especially if tyre wear is involved.

Welcome to GTSport and GTPlanet :)

Thanks for the insight! I'll play through the campaign to build up money and test out the cars that I get. And why is the Atenza Gr.4 useless? Heavy? Underpowered? Don't the Atenzas have diesel engines? :scared:

Lately i'm in love with my last choice CITROEN on my EU account quebracoco_84 , GR3 or 4 are fantastic cars , very performant , enjoyable to drive and very easy to place on the driving line . No surprises , steady rear end , good eagerness and performances.
Only my opinion.

EDIT : The only negative point is the very limited cockpit view , i love to race sometime like this with some cars who are offering clean large field of view but both citroens show a very limited perception of the track.

Last edited:
You can get some idea for Gr.3/4 by looking at the manufacturer ranking:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1975/manufacturer_ranking

However, this doesn't tell you how easy they are to drive. I use Honda in FIA manufacturers partly to have more chance of making the top 10 rather than because I think they are the best cars. The Gr.3 Merc is particularly stable and easy to drive, as well as being good for fuel and tyres, so it's a very popular choice. Some cars are good but need to be driven a certain way, e.g. Porsche and Audi are undoubtedly fast for some tracks but I never seem to be able to make them work and tend to go a little faster in other cars.

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I'll be doing the Circuit Experiences to try out the many different cars there. :cheers:

Any advice or opinion is still welcomed and appreciated though! Thank you! :gtpflag:

The Gr.4/Gr.3 Corvettes are incredibly stable. You can exit most corners a gear higher than in most other cars, and the torque will give you great acceleration, while not getting too slippery.

I’d highly recommend Lamborghini.

As a beginner, I’d recommend mastering Gr4 before moving on to Gr3.

The Huracan Gr4 is 4wd, very stable and reliable, with amazing traction and is a good all rounder.

@ExplorerPhs @AfraidRacer
Thanks for the quick replies! :cheers:
Is Mazda any good? The Atenza has 4WD just like the Huracán. And the Gr.3 looks great :lol:
For me, I've used the Mazdas most since I bought the game(mainly because my real car is a MAzda).

The Gr.4 car, in hands of fast drivers, is not a problem. I'm average, but competitive. I've felt the car go from good to bad to worse to okay, to solid performer, to it's just not competitive, when heavy tyre wear is a factor. It has excellent corner exit speed, as do all of the AWD cars. At current BoP, depending on length of a circuits straights, the Atenza needs a tow.

The Gr.3 car is easy. I've found its handling well balanced, excellent brakes and exceptional on fuel and tyre wear. As with the Gr.4 car, top speed is lacking. Comparing the two during a manufacturer season, the Gr.3 car is more fun to drive. Where the Gr.4 becomes frustrating.

However, Daily races without any wear, both cars perform very good. In saying that, both cars have some of the highest BoP horsepower ratings, but at times, doesn't seem to translate when racing.

I’d highly recommend Lamborghini.

As a beginner, I’d recommend mastering Gr4 before moving on to Gr3.

The Huracan Gr4 is 4wd, very stable and reliable, with amazing traction and is a good all rounder.

Lamborghini is far from beginner friendly, yes the Gr.4 car is a good all rounder but the GT3 car is notoriously slippery around corners.

Back