Best NSX?

• Thread starter yakuzah
  • 16 comments
yakuzah
Is there a best NSX to look out for or buy? I realise there are many models within the game, but was not sure which one I should look out for, or if there is a specific NSX that beats all others?

Thanks in advance, loving this site and the all the banta!

Y

What is the best? The fastest? If yes, then it has to be the NSX-R Proto Race Car.
Disagree, the NSX 06 is much better/faster!

The fastest could be a NSX Race Car '01, cause they have more downforce. But I haven't compared them yet.

What is the best? The fastest? If yes, then it has to be the NSX-R Proto Race Car.

As a bit of a noob at this game but loving every minute of it, where would I get one of these? I know I can buy the Epson, is this something you pick up on used car market?

Best as in having the most fun with is the '91 from the new car premium Acura dealership, because you can race mod it. I just like painting it my racing colors and adding my numbers. Pretty fast and good handling with the right tune (see my tuning garage link in my sig).

Best as in wow this car rips... grippy... drive it in deep... perfect mid corner balance between understeer/oversteer is the Raybrig NSX GT car from the premium Honda dealership. Also tuned in my garage. Really, really, really fun car to drive hard.

Fastest??? Haven't driven them all.

Best as in having the most fun with is the '91 from the new car premium Acura dealership, because you can race mod it. I just like painting it my racing colors and adding my numbers. Pretty fast and good handling with the right tune (see my tuning garage link in my sig).

Best as in wow this car rips... grippy... drive it in deep... perfect mid corner balance between understeer/oversteer is the Raybrig NSX GT car from the premium Honda dealership. Also tuned in my garage. Really, really, really fun car to drive hard.

Fastest??? Haven't driven them all.

That's great info thanks. I will purchase a couple tonight and have a tuneup and track night :)

I am certainly looking for a balanced drive, good handling, and fast enough. It does not have to be be eye bleeding fast, but can offer some fun on the track and maybe use in B-Spec for some of the races there.

I use a Nissan Xanavi Z which I have tuned and I love to drive. Has great speed, great handling and has good brakes going fast into a bend.

Thanks everyone.

Fastest race car: Any of the premium Nsx race cars available from the Honda dealership (note: the newest race car is a touch heavier so MAY not be quite as quick)
Fastest road car: NSX-R prototype LM road car (handles much like the above mentioned tbh)
Most fun: Matter of taste and driving preference.

In my experience, the Proto Road Car performed better than the Race Car. But that could just be me.

I really like the NSX because, in addition to the handling, it has a small turning radius and works well at the tight courses. I have a series of them in my favorites, set up at different PP levels for online racing.

The only downside is that it is a bit on the heavy side.

Thanks for the great Feedback. I have now purchased my NSX, set it up to my liking and I love it.

Beats so many cars on the track with great handling and a turn off speed on the straights aswell.

Thanks everyone for their advice..

Y.

As a bit of a noob at this game but loving every minute of it, where would I get one of these? I know I can buy the Epson, is this something you pick up on used car market?

The NSX-R Proto racecar you'll find in the UCD. After a lot of patience. Or even a little bit more of that ;)

The NSX-R Proto racecar you'll find in the UCD. After a lot of patience. Or even a little bit more of that ;)

Excellent many thanks. Well I now have 4 NSX models, LOL :sly:

So I will look out for this one as well, looks lovely!

I also love the Amuse Honda S2000 GT1 which is a very quick balanced once tuned.

I love the feel of the NSX type R '92. I like the look of the original and this car just feels great stock or tuned. Not the fastest by anybodys standards but a great, fun, fast Nsx.

Btw, just turned the game off so guessing on '92.

Of the racing NSXs, I think the Standard Takata Dome is very fast. But, I don't 'tune them up'. Just some set up tweaks.

Of the Premiums, I like the 02 NSX R

PS. If you like the Amuse GT1, keep your eyes out for the R1 in the UCD.

Ok, looks like I am 11 years late to this conversation, but I personally really enjoy the Acura NSX S S Zero as featured in GT2 et al. Properly tuned, it's one of several NSX models that can "do it all'. As far as the "best" NSX, as some here have already suggested, the answer depends on a combination of utility (your specific ad hoc driving needs for a given track or series) and personal preferences including "feel", style, and many other factors from speed to aesthetics to handling to, well, you name it. In my experience, every NSX I've experienced so far has been a righteous ride, sometimes right out of the box (stock) but add-ons and tuning always help. When I finally, during my current GT2 play-through in which I'm finally taking the time to explore a wide range of vehicles in-depth, forced myself to try the active brake stabilization control (due to the massive spin-out potential of several new-to-me so-called MR cars which were more accurately RR given the engine placement making the distribution worse than 65-35 like all TVRs I own because they seemed amazing on paper + many other RR & some MR vehicles), it transformed my GT world, making several formerly "twitchy" cars - whose great love in life seemed to be allowing me to experience 720s and worse at the slightest provocation lol - into much more stable and dare I say even enjoyable vehicles with great potential. And yes, eventually I added active brake control to my NSX which honestly made it far more stable and a consistently reliable rival-killer under a much wider variety of race conditions. In short, every NSX I've taken the time to get to really know in GT has proven worthwhile to say the least especially when (much) time was taken to modify, tune, test and re-modify/adjust tuning as needed on each vehicle and IMO, the NSX is one of the better (not-too-hard-to-acquire) "all-around" cars in GT.

In my current game I went from a '93 Honda sedan to an Impreza WRX STI VI to an Acura NSX S Zero and then discovered some amazing cars I'd never tried b4, won many I'd also never acquired, and discovered several astoundingly great "rare" used variants of certain models I'd favored in the past + many new-to-me makes and models all of which which is a delight.

I feel that I should express my appreciation for the great information posted by GT Planet members including practical advice, useful data presented in various formats including lists of every type, endless opinions and back-and-forth dialogues and a lot of good humor, high-spirits, and a clear "love of the game" & enthusiasm in terms of both Polyphony's GT series and automobile culture, style, the driving experience and engineering etc including everything from full-blown dragsters, bad-a-s rally cars, wicked world-class road racers and formula cars to compacts, kei cars and even karts and everything in-between.

Forgive my enthusiasm-driven pontification bordering on pedantry. But wow, this latest very in-depth play-though after a long break has opened my eyes to the true depth of Gran Turismo and wow, it's pretty incredible. Again, your posts have proven useful and are often humorous so a big thank you to everyone who contributed to the plethora of useful information here.

And yes, I digressed wildly and can but humbly request your forgiveness for my mad zeal. Long story short: All the NSXs are the best one, depending on your specific driving needs and/or style and "feel" preferences, at least in my limited experience having only played up to GT 5. Every version has it's good points including musical choices and cars included and I love how the list of vehicles keeps growing by leaps and bounds with each release, the graphics revolution over the past 20 years which has gone from the semi-pixelated GT 1 to the photo-realistic GT 6 and 7. I was so pleased with the graphics from GT 3 and 4 but Polyphony continues to set new benchmarks not just in terms of graphics but also music and number of cars/tracks and pretty much in every other way as well although I have read of certain negative re: the GTs I haven't yet played like GT 6 and GT 7.

In any case, amazing game, and yeah, go with the NSX that pleases you the most overall. The '91, '94, '97, type S Zero et all are all nice choices but you have many other wonderful options to choose from as well so have fun spending endless hours acquiring then tinkering with multiple NSX models from Acura and Honda alike.

Latest Posts

Back