Best online experience...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stumps_GTI
  • 5 comments
  • 742 views

Stumps_GTI

Premium
Messages
519
Australia
Aussie
Messages
Stumps_GTI
Ok, let me be the first to admit, I never thought I would enjoy "online racing", but I have. :)
Like AA, you need to admit you have a problem, before you can fix it. :lol:

So, we have a racing game heading into it's 3rd year.....and I have only just started online racing. :guilty:
I have shied away from it in the passed because I feel I lack skills. I know I can't drift to save myself, and my driving style probably sucks. :) But, it IS honest to goodness, great FUN! 👍

The passed few nights/days, I have joined several lobby rooms, just to cruise around. I checked that they were not actually racing before entering. These rooms have just been a "free run", drag, cruise, drift....whatever.
I think I actually caused a couple of head-on collisions heading the wrong way (compared to other traffic) and I sincerely apologize to those guys if they see this. :guilty: I didn't see that anyone posted a negative comment towards me, so I hope all was forgiven.

Earlier today, I posted a question regarding Toscana tarmac being used online. Thanks to those who responded because it helped me finally get my version of TT VIII "online" :), and just prior to lunchtime, I got my room set up and started cruising by myself.
It was no more than 10 minutes before I was joined by a young guy, Eminem. He was more than happy to cruise, and drift his way around my generated track. :)
The thing was, his English was not his best. Even so, I could understand well enough to tell he was really having a great time. Language has no boundaries. ;) Or at least limited boundaries. :)
He was kinda shocked that I still play, at 53, he was only 17. :) He said his Dad did not play, and I felt he was a little sad at that. :(
We cruised and had fun for nearly two hours, in the end only disconnecting because I had other things to do. 👎
Unfortunately, a couple of other guys joined in just as I was getting ready to quit, I apologized to them, and hope to see them ALL again another time. :)

Sooooo.....maybe I've finally opened that whole new world that everyone talks about.

Please feel free to add your own "good" experiences too. :) The world can be too full of negatives at times. ;)
 
Glad to see that your 53 and still enjoying GT5! Playing online has really been hit or miss for me, but lately I've been racing with a couple guys that host rooms and it is always fun, close racing. Last week we were doing TC's and touring cars on Toscana course maker tracks, and he would just make like 10 of them and we would practice on each for about ten mins then have a ten lap race. It was really fun to race with 12-14 good clean racers around my skill level, I even won a couple races. That to me is my best online experience.
 
If it wasn't for the online racing, I'd never have even bought GT5, that's all I really love about this game. As for great experiences, there are just too many too mention, racing with fellow gentlemen drivers is mostly always a blast!


:D
 
VBR
If it wasn't for the online racing, I'd never have even bought GT5, that's all I really love about this game. As for great experiences, there are just too many too mention, racing with fellow gentlemen drivers is mostly always a blast!:D

If it wasnt for online i would have stopped playing GT5 over a year ago, for me racing in a fast and fair league is what its all about, its sounds stupid but i can get an adrenaline rush from those races.
 
If it wasnt for online i would have stopped playing GT5 over a year ago, for me racing in a fast and fair league is what its all about, its sounds stupid but i can get an adrenaline rush from those races.

Agree with CJSpencer, I get quite a rush from racing with my club mates. The racing is clean and can get extremely close with the right cars.

I've not been so lucky with my ventures into public lobbies so stick with our race series when the timing works and with our casual nights which are much more relaxed.
 
Online is where it's at for me. I've made some great friends that I race with regularly in a closed lobby. The races are close & competitive with the winner choosing track & PP (or cars). Each of us has made custom tracks & if there's a new 1, there's a lot of anticipation as to how it races. I'm 65 & have played GT since #1 was released & have spent countless hours racing, buying, tuning & collecting cars, but there was something missing, interaction with fellow GT enthusiasts. I'm thankful to be able to race online every chance i get. 👍:)
 
Back