Best "out of the box" Gr4 for casual racer - do I have to buy a GT-R?

United Kingdom
London
N. vonMarshall
Keen to get all of your thoughts on which Gr4 I should be getting if I want to be competitive without too much tuning.

In an ideal world I would not choose a GT-R, but I see most of the fastest times are done by this car.

I have signed with Afla and have the Gr4 4C which I really like and in the daily challenge I seem to do OK with it. But as I get better and compete more, do I stand a chance against all those GT-Rs with a 4C or do I just need to bite the bullet and buy the Nissan?

Jaguar!

The GTR seems to be the easiest to get fast laps out of, but I have had some success against them today with the F-Type. With the manufacturer cup, I think the best idea is to find a car you are somewhat happy with now, and just get working on it setup wise...

It’s not like it matters much anymore. Almost all of the cars feel identical unless driving a fwd. the understeer that the new porky civic churns out is repulsive. Also love choosing from 75 different iterations of the same car. Strip alway the iterations and there’s like 60 cars in this game.

Keen to get all of your thoughts on which Gr4 I should be getting if I want to be competitive without too much tuning.

In an ideal world I would not choose a GT-R, but I see most of the fastest times are done by this car.

I have signed with Afla and have the Gr4 4C which I really like and in the daily challenge I seem to do OK with it. But as I get better and compete more, do I stand a chance against all those GT-Rs with a 4C or do I just need to bite the bullet and buy the Nissan?
4C dominated on Suzuka East so there is at least a chance there will be more combinations.

It’s not like it matters much anymore. Almost all of the cars feel identical unless driving a fwd. the understeer that the new porky civic churns out is repulsive. Also love choosing from 75 different iterations of the same car. Strip alway the iterations and there’s like 60 cars in this game.

I think it does matter to some extent. It's no coincidence that the 4wd GTR is both easy to drive and quicker 'out of the box' than other cars. The BoP will continue to help out and should help keep things as level as they can, but in slow corners its easy to see the GTR's advantage on acceleration.

The NSX is a joy, seems rather planted but not too heavy or too twitchy.
The NSX was the only car I found to be able to keep up with the GTRs at Maggione in the demo, haven't tried in the full game yet.

I was gifted a Mazda Atenza and in my first race I went from last to 3rd.

For my second race I put in a lap time quickly just to get one in and qualified 5th. I took the lead on lap 1 and never looked back, it was incredible!

These were in Sports mode Dragon Tail event. The only tuning I did was to the gearbox, to make sure I was topping out in 6th.

I think it does matter to some extent. It's no coincidence that the 4wd GTR is both easy to drive and quicker 'out of the box' than other cars. The BoP will continue to help out and should help keep things as level as they can, but in slow corners its easy to see the GTR's advantage on acceleration.

The NSX was the only car I found to be able to keep up with the GTRs at Maggione in the demo, haven't tried in the full game yet.
I would like to compare the “street version” of the gtr and the gr3 version with bop adjustment. It would be hilarious to see a similar lap time. Although the group cars have aero for high speed. Any street car over 120mph is sketchy AF.

I have both the Subaru RWX and Ferrari 458 in Gr.4, I like them both. The Ferrari feels the fastest but the Subaru the most consistent.

Lap times by car are important. In forza it literally ended up meaning you couldn’t anywhere near the front unless you had that car too

Any of them...
If you want to be competitive without tuning practice.

On Suzuka there I started with the TT cup while a good car to drive just didn't have the responsiveness needed for the S bends. (Needs tuning)
I tried out the McLaren instead because I knew it was good in real life races. And boy is it ever!
No TCS needed to reign it in, it puts down its power very well.(I only ran weak abs) Agile enough to out corner some cars, stable enough to make it through all the corners nicely. Loved the car, bought one after.
Got in the top 6 after a qualifying glitch. Second race got pole and drove it to the win. Great car for surviving the wildness of the race. (Hopefully it stays that way without BOP)

Well I spent some time at Dragon last night in the 4C and I admit I love the way the car handles. I did some very light tuning (took off a bit of downforce) and put in some consistent lap times.

I then jumped in th GT-R and immediately nailed my best times I was getting form the 4C, even though they were far from perfect laps. I did not really like the understeer I was getting or the general balance and I missed a load of apexes, but still it matched the 4C. I could see that with some tuning to suit my driving style (I like to get on the brakes early and back onto the accelerator early) the GT-R should be quite a bit faster.

I think I will go searching for GT-R set-ups and give a few of them a try tonight to see if I can make the car enjoyable to drive and hopefully faster. Still have no idea how people are getting 1:47's out of it though!

I've won a few races in the Aston Gr.4. I think it's about finding a car that suits you, as well as being able to drive it quickly.

What people seem to be finding is that some tracks suit some cars better, which is great as this should mirror real life quite well. If people are locked in to using the same cars for a season (the manufacturer contract thingy) then it would make for a great season of racing as some would have advantages at some tracks and others advantages at others.

The system will be flawed somewhat if you can pick a different car every time as everyone will drive GTR on one track, Cayman GT4 on another and so on...

For me, the Mustang's nice when you disable Stability control, and set the TCS to about two. Improved my lap times in the Gr.4 catagory daily races to the top five, usually.

The NSX gr.4's nice too, like above, disable the Stability control, and keep the TCS to around two, or one if you're feeling like a dare devil.

Back