Best Out Of the Box

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 17 comments
GTP_FreakinWolfy
I just started a new PSN account meant to be GT5 specific, so I sent over my prepped Ferrari 599 and did some grinding for cash/experience (I've been on this new account for all of an hour and I am now level 20. Thankyou for the x3 payouts PD!) Anyways, I wanted to run the British Lightweight event in A-Spec to get the Spitfire, so I bought a TVR Tuscan Speed 6 on Sports Soft tires, no additional mods, and wow! The thing is a blast! I don't usually spend much time with bone stock cars, but I'm lovin' this machine.

Any of y'all find others that are at their finest right out of the factory?

I love my stock S2000. I can't bring myself to change anything about. I haven't even purchased additional tires for it. It may not win any races, but it is just a blast to drive. (HUD off, Nurburgring time change *sigh*) And it can be driven on any track you like. It has great low speed handling, but also has a nice top speed. It is my go-to cruising car.

BMW M3 Coupe '07
Ferrari F40

Both are very nice completely stock, whether you give it new tires or not of course.

Lamborghini Murcielago I bought the car but didn't race it until the Lamborghini seasonals, and I won about 5 races before I realized that I was driving it bone stock

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia is a dream right out of the dealership. If you then throw some Sport Softs on it it's just plain glued to the road. Had fun doing the A-Spec Ferrari event with it on those shoes.

M3 CSL, M3 GTR, RUF RGT, Scuderia, LFA.

Still, most cars seem to benefit greatly from a racing transmission. Those that come with 6 or 7 speeds will probably perform better than other cars stock.

Amuse S2000 GT1 and GT1 Turbo
Ferrari 458 Italia
Honda NSX Type R premium

I love my stock S2000. I can't bring myself to change anything about. I haven't even purchased additional tires for it.

I think it needs Sports Hard tires to simulate reality ... I have a 2007 S2000 IRL and Comfort Softs squeal and slide at speeds the real tires don't.

The Toyota FT-86 Concept and the G-Sport FT-86 are superb. Also the mentioned M3, LFA, GTR-R35 and the Scuderia F430.

My favourite though is the Trial Celica. If you drive it you´ll not think it´s an FF Car.
Other good ones:
Ford Focus RS
BMW M5
BMW M3 CSL/GTR
BMW Z4
TVR T350
Spyker C8
Callaway C12 (I added a bit Ballast because 60/40 weight distribution is a bit too understeery for me)
Honda NSX ( regardless which one you take)
Falken GTR
BP RX7 (the Drift Car)
HKS Hyper Genki Silvia
The Tuner Infinity G35 (not knowing the Make)

Maybe I forgot some Cars

Back