Best Passing Manuver you ever pulled off ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndyRaeside
  • 25 comments
  • 947 views
Messages
41
What's the best passing manver you have done so far ?...

For me it would have to be with my Ford Mustang round Seattle II.

Was coming up behind a Cobra on the way down to the tight hairpin left turn at the end of the lap... I ducked right looking for the outside line, he moved across, I hit the brakes, sweeped across his back bumper and down the inside... this gave me the lead with a lap to go.

Best of it was I didn't touch the other car once in the entire manuver... I feel if you bump the other cars around it degrades from the whole GT3 experience...
 
I agree, I try very hard to race cleanly. I hang out with enough real racers to know what on-track respect is all about.
:2cents:
My best pass was last night during the Seattle Enduro (Seattle I). I had been trading the lead with the Viper GTS. Coming up the hill directly behind him/her on the left side of the track, at the last jump I put the car slightly sideways just as I went airborne. Nailed the throttle in the air, and landed slightly rotated into the corner. As soon as the car hooked up it shot diagonally inside his line (gotta love 4WD) and I braked very hard, made my apex inside of him, tracked out, and took off. I never touched him and I didn't even force him into the wall. I was able to make that pass stick and held the lead for the balance of the race.
:cool:
The Rogaine Hair Raising Pass of the Day award has to go to the Focus rally car on the counterclockwise run of Trial Mountain. I was barely leading the last lap coming down to the final chicane where you left-right-under-the-overpass, with the big bump on the inside of the right turn. I had just apexed the right hander when the Focus flew over my hood, nose down with the whole bottom of his car visible to me. He got the pass but landed so out of shape that I got the lead back and won by half a second.
:bigeye:
EDIT:C'mon, somebody else has to brag here! Let's hear it!
 
Well mine was on the Smokey Mountian Fwd.

I had the WRX ralley and I was up against my friend who was in a Citron. It was the last lap and I was about 1 second behind. Then we camw into the last turn, the on that goes from dirt to pavement. Anyway we both put our cars sideways. I manage to hit the pavement just right and the 4wd gripped real good. As for my friend his little old FWD could grip as well as I shot a head of him. We were neck and coming into the finsh. Then I upshifted and took the win by just .005.
 
I made a few incredible rally passes; one that sticks in my mind is where the Evolution Seven and my modded Corolla RC were racing in Tahiti Maze. We were at one of several parts where the track has several curves going back and forth. On one of them, he just slammed me, and flipped me out entirely. Next lap, it was my turn.

We came into the turn, him in front of me. Like rally cars do, he began to go sideways. Brilliantly, I hadn't gone sideways, and while he was sideways, I just rammed him, which flipped him out and disabled him for the rest of the race since he could never caught up; I won no-contest. :D
 
Mine would have to be a pass during the last race F1 at monaco when I passed for the lead FINALLY! at lap 33 on the downhill towards the u turn I went wide not to hit the F94 on the turn leading down hill and stayed wide hammer down all the way till I out braked and held the inside line to protect my pass, then took off never to be caught again.
 
I've had so many good passing moves, that i won't be able to list them all.
 
well i kind of just move to a different lane and pass em...not any spactaualr passes tho...
 
Since I get the feeling of driving with assists off, I often get to pass the AI by an inside drift of a corner. Thats all I can tell about a big maneuvers.
 
I remember drafting for like 10 laps behind the 787B in the F1 car on Test Course. I stayed behind him by inches for the whole race except for an occasional fly past him, only to get slowed down by the air, then drop in behind him again. I waited until the final corner, dropped back a little, as soon as we hit the front straight, I floored it, got up behind him, cleanly slipped out beside at the last second, won by a few inches, and then GAME OVER!! :burnout:

I have plenty of good ones, but I can't really think that much right now. I just still have the replay of that race :p
 
ok here's the best one I have had yet : tokyoR246 last lap of 10 coming down the staight in the first car I bought a miata mx-5 I was neck and neck with the APEXi mr-s and I won by 0.001 seconds phew that was close as they come
 
Last night i ran the Amateur Tourist trophy. I was a bit underpowered compared to the AI. I could accelerate away form them, but they had higher top speeds. My only choice was to beat them in the corners.

Running Deep Forest II (3 laps), I could hold first from the start, and through the first tunnel, but they'd always bump me in the right hander at the bottom of the hill. I'd slip to second, and lose .1sec due to the bump into the dirt. There is a left hand turn just after coming out of the last tunnel, the AI would always be moving too fast and slide towards the outside of the turn, smacking the wall and ricocheting across the road. I was able time it just right to miss his rear bumper by inches, and slip right past him. gaining enough time to get about 1.2XX seconds ahead. I'd hold the lead until I got bumped again at the bottom of the hill. I pulled the same move in all three laps to win by 1+ seconds. Have to capitalize on those AI mistakes!.

AO
 
My best passing manuver was at the rom circuit. i was driving my S2000 LM, i was coming up to the last right hander before the finish line with a Corvette ZO6 and a Mustang right in front of me bumping and banging into each other. when the where taking the turn the Corvette was on the inside. The corvette came out first with the mustang and me right on its tail. the mustang ramed it from the left side into its rear wheel, the corvette did a 180 and the mustang hit the pit stop barrier, i pulled the hand brake and did a 360 around the corvette almost hitting the mustang in the rear then hit the gas and won the race.

I didn't even toutch one of them at all.:eek: :trouble: :D ;)
 
I just checked through a saved database I have that documents all of my game stats and has entries of some of my most exciting races. Here were a few passes that are worth mentioning.

1. Acura Integra - Begginner League Stars & Stripes Cup - Laguna Seca - 2 Laps.

Though I wasn't the owner of the most spectacular pass, the CPU caught a lucky break courtesy of me. As I followed the Corvette Z06 helplessly through the next to last turn on the final lap, I figured I had nothing to lose and nailed him in the rear as he braked for the last turn. This sent us both flying into the dirt, with him running into he wall. Just when I figured that maybe I could recover fast enough to get back on the pavement first and beat him to the line, the Corvette Grand Sport comes flying into the dirt as well, nailing me and thus killing the little momentum I had. Dirt is flying everywhere. The Camaro SS, still on the track, quietly passed us all for the win, followed by the Corvette Z06, Corvette Grand Sport, and then me :(

2. Acura Integra - Amateur League American Championship - Seattle Circuit II- 3 Laps

I didn't catch the first-place Cobra until the hairpin turn at the end of the 2nd lap. After coming out of the chicane at the beginning of the 3rd lap with the lead and regaining it after losing it briefly on the backstraightaway, we exit the downhill jumps section and make the quick right leading to the sharp right under the bridge. Here comes the Cobra in my rear-view mirror, flying with all the momentum in the world. When I saw this, I decided to play it smart and give the Cobra the inside so his momentum would carry him into the outside wall. This did happen, but only one problem: I misjudged the turn in point of the turn and hit the inside wall, bouncing me towards the outside, right into the Cobra. We slowed drastically. I recovered quicker than he and for a split second had the advantage going down the short chute before the last hairpin turn before his power kicked in and he came alongside. Just when I was going to back off and let him have the inside so he could go and run into the outside wall, the Corvette Grand Sport appeared. Tried as I might, but I couldn't manage to squeeze in between the Corvette and Cobra. I was then forced to follow the 2 through the hairpin turn. The Cobra slid out as expected, allowing us to both get by, but I was no match for the Corvette's superior power and had to settle for 2nd. One of those racing incidents where the 2 lead cars are battling hard for the lead down to the wire and wreck each other, allowing the 3rd place car to steal the victory.

3. Lexus IS - Beginner League Altezza Cup - Deep Forest - 2 Laps.

This pass wasn't for the lead but it was amazing nonetheless. After running in 3rd and getting ganged up on on the uphill right entering the first tunnel to drop me to 6th, I managed to get to 4th as we came to the last turn. The 3rd place car was a considerable distance in front of me, so I knew if I wanted to get 3rd the only chance I would have would be to cut through the grass. I did so, and with a boatload of momentum, drifted towards the outside wall. I skillfully squeezed in between the 3rd place car and the wall, touching neither, and driving away for 3rd place. You'd have to see it to really understand.

4. Mercedes CLK55 - Amateur League German Touring Car Championship - Tokyo R246 - 3 Laps

This happened at the end of the first lap coming off the last turn going onto the main straightaway: As we came off the corner, I was running 3rd, the CLK Touring Car running 2nd, and the Astra Touring Car running 1st. I caught a draft from the CLK Touring Car, and he caught a draft himself from the Astra Touring Car. As the CLK caught up with the Astra, I caught up with the CLK. As the CLK moved to the outside to make the pass, I took it 3 wide and passed them both.

5. Raybrig NSX - Pro League GT World Championship - Apricot Hill II - 10 Laps

The dreaded Apricot Hill Raceway, backwards. As the GT-One and I pitted on Lap 5, the 787B and R390 blew by for an 11-second lead. At this point, I figured I would have to settle for 3rd because I couldn't see myself gaining 11 seconds in 5 laps. And as I crossed the finish line to complete the 6th lap, I saw that I had actually lost a second to put me 12 seconds back. But somehow, I managed to close in, and towards the end of the 9th lap, I saw where dirt had been kicked into the air. I then closed in on the 787B and made the pass at the chicane. Not satisfied, I realized I still had a chance at the R390. Then, at the blind downhill left following the long right sweeper turn, I cut through the grass then crossed back onto the track in front of the R390. I held on to win by 0.295 seconds.
 
My best pass would have to be at Laguna Seca going into the Corkscrew turn in an F1 in the F1 championship. i was in second at the time, following the leader into the turn. As he went into it, he had misjudged the turn and took it too fast, causing him to lose control and spinout. After this, I zoomed by at probably 75 mph and laughed at him.
 
i remember i did a drift on the oustide lane to pass a lancer evo 7 with my subaru wrx. i think it was well executed. it was on that first big turn. that's a cool drift to accomplish!!!
 
hmmm
its gonna be @ seattle II
coming down the hill, i had a very minor lead.. like.. (0.089) or somethin
i fly off the last portion of the hill,and right before i fly off, i steered the car sideways, and then, i landed, making the car drift MAD........ kept the drift going.... and then i lapped the 6th place car while in a drift on the tiny straight before the tight right hander...
i kept the drift going..... and going...
it was fun, till the 6th place car decided it was gonna gimme a tiny bump in the rear end
 
Swerving through Trial Mountain swapping positions with a PT Cruiser (start of game) :)
 
FF Pro, deep forrest.
I hung on the tail of the spoon civic till the 9th lap where it pitted. My front tires were red but i pusshed on as the beetle cup car was catching. Half way thru the last lap we started swapping positions (he had grip, I had power (just)). we came down to the last corner, I usually take this corner bad. I push wide as three tires are now red and he over takes me slowly and i tuck in on his tail. part way down the striaght i jump out of his slipstream to just pass him. I prolly only had 10hp more, but it was enough to just winn the race and series :)
 
I AGREE DEAD ON WITH ANDY RAESIDE. My best passing manuver was in an EVO VI 6 against a Subura WRX ON the TOKYO R24 track. he was in front of me by about 20 metres as we were approaching the tight hairpin near the finishing straight, i pressed hard on the accelerator (x) and as the distance narrowed i swung into the left lane without hitting anything, and we both took the turning with me on the far left, i briefly went off the accelerator, did a very hard swing then gassed up in front of him , just barely grazing his bumper, the rush was serious and i loved it!!!
 
My best was when I was at Tokyo R246 on the last turn. I was in last place and gunned it thru the turn, about halfway thru, I misjudged how turny the turn was. Anyway I broke hard, smashed into a Raybrig and got him/her stuck on the outside edge. I floored it and went on to win by about 0.25( I was doing the Tokyo Endurance Race using my Pennzoil Nismo).
:banghead: angelboy52:cool:
 
Thats cool then as losing on an endurance race has got to be painful, excellent stuff angelboy52
 
Me and my bro were drifting on the LARGE curve at TRIAL MOUTAIN i was driving a S15 (yellow) he had the (black) R32. He had a slight lead because after the huge straight he had smoked me but then he got a little too sidewayz I drifted through-out the corner when he waz sliding out. I tried to get my bumper as close to him as possible and still made the curve I grinned just to make him mad:trouble:
 
Mine best pass was when my friend and I were useing the two player mode. We were just staying to the stright using are cars for street racing like. Well we decied to race the track. It was Midfeaild. (However you mit spell it) and well we were neck to neck on the last lap on the stright. I jsut toped out in my C5 in 3rd gear. He had a RUF 3400s and well when I ****fed into 4th I gained like a mm on him. I won by .001 I saved the replay and we watch it all the time
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
My best pass was last night during the Seattle Enduro (Seattle I). The Rogaine Hair Raising Pass of the Day awardEDIT:C'mon, somebody else has to brag here! Let's hear it!

Glad to see the liking of Seattle finally. It is a very technical course that has a lot of features to help and screw you. :)

Mine has got to be my 350z on trail mountain with the tuscan 6. He had more horse, but gearing;yet again; decides to give him less accelleration. We were coming up the long straight at the start finish line. I was on the inside going counter clockwise on the track to turn #1. braking played the key to this success. I waiting on braking until the last second and slipped to the outside at post apex pouring on the power. The tuscan takes the lead on turn one. I had him on exit speed by about 5mph. Not enough to fly by, it let me setup turns two and three. By the end of turn 2 or right veer 1, Got right up on his butt and took a longer brake path to the outside again. I slowed to about 94mph starting on turn 3. Full power and end the turn right beside the Tuscan on the inside. By the end of the back straight, I had gotten 1 and a half car lengths on the Tuscan.

It felt to me like the perfect double pass. May not be all that exciting to everyone, but it put a smile on my face for the accomplishment.
 
Back