Best Race Car, by Track

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESCUDO 1800hp
  • 14 comments
  • 1,740 views
Messages
274
I was wondering if there was a list of best car and/or best Race Car by track, particularly one that excludes X1/F1.

I would assume the 908 would be best at a course or two, perhaps the 787B is the best at another, maybe the Speed 8 at another, ect.

I'd love to gather the data myself in Practice Mode, but I only have a few Race Cars in my garage, and I'm sure some of you have experience with nearly all the Race Cars.

Any info or even best guesses?
(leaderboards would be awesome)
 
On indy speedway the Toyota GT1 is probaly the fastest followed by the Minolta and Nissan R92CP.

Same is likely true on Daytona.
 
How about the Formula Gran Turismo?

OP was talking about excluding the X2010 and F1 cars, and while not technically an F1 car I imagine the Formula GT still qualifies as something he's wanting excluded.
 
It depends entirely on the driver.
 
Best cars on every track are the Lemans-racers, if you exclude X1 and F1. That should be obvious.
 
OP was talking about excluding the X2010 and F1 cars, and while not technically an F1 car I imagine the Formula GT still qualifies as something he's wanting excluded.

I want more Formula machines in the game...
Anyways, I love the 787B very much, but it wouldn't be good for Le Mans due to it's low Top Speed, it's acceleration is phenomenal.
 
How about the Formula Gran Turismo?

Not included please.

It depends entirely on the driver.

Lets say there were hypothetical global leaderboards per track, and we declare the best car of the track the one that finishes in 1st place overall (X1/F1/FGT not allowed), after everyone was highly motivated to finish 1st with some sort of IRL prize car. Then we'd know :)
 
Last edited:
Sauber C9, Mazda 787B, Minolta Toyota 88-CV are all extremely quick
 
As I said, it would depend on the driver. It would also depend on how the car was set up; the Minolta was prolifically the best car around almost all tracks in GT4 (according to tables presented by the Piggyback Official GT4 Guide Book). I remember seeing a Youtube video where someone lapped the 'Ring in under 5 minutes, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get anywhere near that time.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUPH3xHn6k it was actually 4:40.655

My best with this car was about 5:20.xxx because I simply couldn't handle the car regardless of setup.
 
Last edited:
I know in your context 'Best' is actually referring to Fastest but there is a hell of a lot of fun and enjoyment to be had from identifying what is the best/most well suited car for a particular track.

Speed isn't everything :)
 
I know in your context 'Best' is actually referring to Fastest but there is a hell of a lot of fun and enjoyment to be had from identifying what is the best/most well suited car for a particular track.

Speed isn't everything :)

The car the is best suited to a track normally ends up being the fastest one there. :dunce:
 
Rikki nailed it when he said it depends on the driver.

On indy speedway the Toyota GT1 is probaly the fastest followed by the Minolta and Nissan R92CP.

Same is likely true on Daytona.

One thing that is not driver dependant is a car's top speed. I keep track of the top speed of my fastest cars. The Toyota was a surprise with the 3rd fastest time in the game, 6 mph ahead of the Audi R8 RC '01.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4535117#post4535117

I drove the Minolta in Dream Car last night (last time I do that, the AI took me out again) and it didn't get below 224 mph in the corners at Indy.
 
Back