Best racing wheel to use without pedals

• Thread starter goot66
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
What's the best racing wheel out there to use without having to use foot pedals ?

i came across this, but anything cheaper ?

What's the best racing wheel out there to use without having to use foot pedals ?

i came across this, but anything cheaper ?

Forgive me for stating the obvious but you also need a wheel base for that to attach to, so you need to get a CSL Elite wheelbase (2nd hand) or a GT DD Pro.

And no, you don't really want to go any cheaper.

The Logitech G Pro can also be used without foot pedals, but it's even more expensive. https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/driving/pro-racing-wheel.html

Last edited:
i know but are there any other wheel options that don't require foot pedals?
See the added info about the Logi Pro in the edited text by @daan. It's 2 extra paddles can be configured to be throttle and brake. It's not cheap though!

Can this wheel be used without pedals ?

It's not designed for that but it probably could (edit: just checked and yes it can. See video time stamped to the correct spot at the bottom of this post), and pretty much any wheel can be used without pedals on PC. You just have to map the pedals to buttons but the big problem with doing it like this is that whatever buttons you're using will act like an on/off switches rather than having any progressiveness as they should have.

The two wheels @daan suggested are the only really good solutions, but other options are out there, especially if you're a bit handy with the tools. I've seen YouTube videos of pedals converted to push/pull mechanisms mounted on a sim rig the same as used in cars.

I have no idea on what this is like to use but you could give something like the 3DRap HC1 hand controller a go. It basically opens up using any wheel on PC, and at a far cheaper entry point. It also comes in right or left hand versions.

template-foto-1.jpg

Last edited:
Any of the Fanatec wheels with the Advance Pedal Module (APM) can map the brake and gas to the analog paddles. The formula V2.5 wheel includes a rotary knob that can select the various options. Analog axes offers a variable gas and brake, while just mapping buttons is on/off

Back