Best RWD/4WD with these restrictions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phoenix
  • 13 comments
  • 1,033 views

Phoenix

Premium
Messages
6,030
Norway
Norway
Ok so me and some friends are gonna do some races, like a championship and im wondering which RWD/4WD is the best...

The restrictions:

Minimum 1250 KG without ballast
Max 750 BHP, with power limiter still at 100%


Also, we are racing on 5 different tracks:

Mazda Laguna Seca
Deep Forest
Suzuka
Fuji
Cote D'Azur


Anyone have any tip/tune for this?

Thanks :)
 
Last edited:
Perhaps the Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670-4 SuperVeloce, not fully tuned to fit within the HP limit. Add aero kit!
 
Last edited:
Perhaps the Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670-4 SuperVeloce, not fully tuned to fit within the HP limit.

I would go with this too. The car is really fast. 👍

Some Skyline / GT-R would be quite nice too. ☻
 
Maybe Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10, and Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09.
 
Maybe Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10

Yeah, I was thinking about this one... It's pure joy to drive...
But I can't seem to make very good laps with it. Must be something I can do with the suspension and LSD...

Thanks for the suggestions guys ;)
 
Yeah, I was thinking about this one... It's pure joy to drive...
But I can't seem to make very good laps with it. Must be something I can do with the suspension and LSD...

Thanks for the suggestions guys ;)

I agree. The SLS AMG just isn't very fast. I get better lap times with the GT-R SpecV even though it's much heavier. The Ford GT serves me even better than the GT-R but the SuperVeloce and McLaren F1 get me the best lap times (tuned with aero kit). However the McLaren F1 is too light for your restrictions.
 
I agree. The SLS AMG just isn't very fast. I get better lap times with the GT-R SpecV even though it's much heavier. The Ford GT serves me even better than the GT-R but the SuperVeloce and McLaren F1 get me the best lap times (tuned with aero kit). However the McLaren F1 is too light for your restrictions.

Did some heavy testing and found that the SLS AMG '10 is quicker than the Murcielago LP 670-4 SV..

And the SV is almost 50 KG lighter too...

Both cars where set to 740-750ish BHP...

The SLS AMG did 2 seconds faster around Top Gear TT, and 1,8 sec faster around Laguna Seca. It was impressive at Fuji and made 3,2 seconds quicker :scared: And all this with stock suspension. The SV was tuned for Deep Forest.
 
Try to get Zonda C12S 7.3 from 2002. It weights exactly 1250kg, so no potential wasted here. After full tune you can get it to 923hp according to [THIS]. One bad thing is that it's standard. Also, being fairly light MR, it's quite tail-happy so you need to find a decent tune for this one.
 
Try to get Zonda C12S 7.3 from 2002. It weights exactly 1250kg, so no potential wasted here. After full tune you can get it to 923hp according to [THIS]. One bad thing is that it's standard. Also, being fairly light MR, it's quite tail-happy so you need to find a decent tune for this one.

There is no downforce in C12S 7.3... at least for me it's an important factor. But if you want to give it a try it's in the OCD at the moment.

I'd stick with some of these: Lamborghini SV, Lamborghini Gallardo, Nissan GT-R SpecV, Mercedes SLS AMG... And if you have an option to use ballast I'd get my S2000 GT1 Turbo. :)
 
If you can find one, go for the R35 TMS 2001 concept.

It can be lightened to 1269kgs and can be easily tuned to just a fraction under 750bhp, very close to your regulations.

Also, the tracks you mention have many tight corners, the TMS has a 7sp gearbox and 4wd, so it accelerates very fast out of these corners. Mine is still on sports soft tyres and has no problems with grip.

If not, the Audi Le Mans quattro '03, or even the 4.2 R8 - this might not make the power limit but the handling, agility and stability will make up for this.

For the RWD, the SLS amg is very, very good, possibly the 458 Italia too, whatever you do, don't go for the MP4 Maclaren as your RWD car.
 
GT-R Spec V is probably the best.
Not the most fun, but probably the fastests.
 
I like Highlandor's idea of the Audi 4.2 R8, many a time ive taken the default 1 in the recommended garage in online servers and finished ahead of Race Cars and a few LM cars so tuned up I can imagine it'd be a formidable ride for your championship
 
Back