Best Split Screen Co-op PS3 games?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Dragonistic
Put simply, I want to know what games are currently out on the PS3 which both support split screen co-op and aren't terrible :lol:. The games are me to play with my girlfriend whilst we're at uni, my collection is lacking to say the least at the moment though LBP2 and Dead Nation have both gone down well so far. Preferably nothing to difficult (for now) and the cheaper the better.

Any help is appreciated 👍.

Put simply, I want to know what games are currently out on the PS3 which both support split screen co-op and aren't terrible :lol:. The games are me to play with my girlfriend whilst we're at uni, my collection is lacking to say the least at the moment though LBP2 and Dead Nation have both gone down well so far. Preferably nothing to difficult (for now) and the cheaper the better.

Hmm. What type of games are you guys into? Portal 2 comes to mind, but its not cheap. Borderlands is fun with a friend, but idk if your gf would like it.

Well she does like FPS titles, but she's not exactly a seasoned gamer to say the least so something like Borderlands is probably not intuitive enough control wise (have played it myself). Portal is a fair shout though when the price drops and I had forgot about that one 👍.

Isn't little big planet co op? That seems like the perfect girlfriend game.

You may wish to give the Army Of Two series a shot. You can find both games pretty cheap now. A short, but overall enjoyable third-person shooter series you both might enjoy.

Army Of Two

Army Of Two: The 40th Day

Isn't little big planet co op? That seems like the perfect girlfriend game.

It is, but we've completed both 1 and 2. The online levels are great but she wants to branch out into something a bit more serious as well.

Army of Two is an interesting one, I just heard negative things about it so have always been put off. I was thinking about Rainbow Six Vegas 2 despite it's age it's a solid title but I worried about the difficulty. Essentially it has to be a game which won't leave her a passenger behind my wake of destruction (or otherwise as appropriate to the game) but she wants to get a bit more serious.

On the FPS front MW2 (Spec Ops) and Resistance:FoM (Co-Op Campaign) are two good ones. Modnation Racers is good fun split screen too. You can race each other or team up against the AI. I've heard Resident Evil 5 is good too but never played it so can't really comment on it. It has co-op campaign and co-op survival missions. Interested in music games? Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

If you're looking for cheap titles check the PSN store. There's a good variety of cheap games with same screen and split screen co-op. One that I have is Pixel Junk Shooter. It's same screen co-op but still entertaining.

I've been told that the World at War campaign is really fun co-op. And there is Zombies :D

Lego games are GOLD for girlfriend co-op! Star Wars is my favourite, but Indiana Jones and Pirated of the Caribbean are good too.

what about black ops? You can play online in split screen together.

Online split screen will hardly be entertainment for someone who has barely played any shooters in their life, although zombies is a fair shout it's not worth the asking price of the game alone. Similarly MW3 would be ok if it was a game I wanted but frankly I'm not interested.

The Lego games, Killzone 3 (one I would like to pick up also) and the Lara Croft PSN game might all be worth a go though 👍.

My fiance and I have been asking this question since we started gaming together. Being a female, I am not the greatest at shooting games either, but I L-O-V-E Borderlands. We've played it through about 4 times now, and have already pre-ordered the sequel.

We tried the Army of Two series, the first one was OK, but the second one was horrible.

Lego games are OK too, but so repepative, they get boring fast, for me at least.

I've seen a few sites that suggest Portal 2, so going to try that soon.

Hoping more co-op games star hitting the market. It's not the 12 year old boy playing alone in his basement anymore. It's couples trying to play together, right? :)

I would suggest Sacred 2.
I played it for many, many hours with my girlfriend and we had a ton of fun with it.

If your PS3 has backwards compatibility, then I recommend any of the Ratchet and Clank games that support co-op. Never played them as co-op myself but I always thought it would be fun and relatively easy to pick up.

Up Your Arsenal is only competitive multiplayer I think but its still fun, and Deadlocked is co-op. All of them are great games though, except unfortunately the latest one, which I think is the only co-op one for this gen, so if your PS3 is BC, disregard all that Ive said :lol:

Yeah, me and my fiance have played both Army Of Two games, the first was definately better than the second.

And we also co-op in Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones (1 & 2) and couple of others.

I know this post was a long time ago... but! My husband and I love to play tps and action games together. We liked fear 3 alot I played the ghost guy haha, We like the army of twos, the one we just got done playing together is Tom Clancy splinter cell was alot of fun, we do like cod Bo2, advanced warfare, and ghosts. Bo2 is our favorite zombies lots of maps to dl. We also liked rage that one was fun! Far cry 3 had a very fun multiplayer split screen mode.

Back