Best underpowered car to use in Megaspeed Cup?

• Thread starter Viper-Fan
  • 9 comments
SKSund_92
Have any of you guys got any ideas for the best underpowered car to use for this event? I don't wish to use a Skyline, GTO, NSX, Soarer or Galant VR-4, Griffith, Cerbera, Viper or any Special Model for this (As they'll destroy the competition). I want a challenge, so I've opted for maximum hp to be 680 tops. I've already tried using the Cosmo 20B Type-E and the best result I could get on High Speed Ring was 4th (The damn 300ZX outdragged me on the finishing straight).

So, any ideas?

Silvia K's too easy, too?

I did once win the Megaspeed Cup in a Mazda Cosmo 20B Type E, even though I did come only fourth at the first High Speed Ring race. (I won the other two races).

I can't think of one at the moment, but a relatively fast yet nimble car should do, as the outcome of two circuits still depend on how fast a car can go around varying turns. Turbo lag is still a seemingly unavoidable problem, though.

I would try a Soarer or, yes, a Mazda Cosmo.

Silvia K's too easy, too?

I did once win the Megaspeed Cup in a Mazda Cosmo 20B Type E, even though I did come only fourth at the first High Speed Ring race. (I won the other two races).

Good idea, I'll try using a Silvia K's and I'll post the results later on.

Unfortunately I can't even remember what the most underpowered car I used would have been. :guilty: My GT1 days were now 4 years ago, though. :scared:

Last edited:
Results:

Car used: Nissan Silvia K's S14 '95

High Speed Ring: 3rd place
Test Course: 3rd place
High Speed Ring Reverse : 1st place

Total overall points standings:
21 PTS Supra
18 PTS GTO
17 PTS Silvia K's S14 '95
10 PTS NSX Type S
5 PTS Z 2by2 Turbo
4 PTS Cosmo 20B Type E

So I came third ;) (The only part I didn't buy for the Silvia was the Racing Modification livery, the rest of the parts were bought and installed.) Next I'm thinking of trying the Pulsar GTI-R or the MR2 GTS.

Perhaps you didn't gear and draft properly for the Test Track?

You won the last race.

In my experience, the first race is harder than the last race. And you won the last race. 3rd plus two wins wins a three-race series. (22pts to max 21 for AI).
4th plus two wins can even win (if AI swap wins).

And the second race boils down to managing a last-minute draft finish. Or at least last-lap; if you draft by going faster than you deserve on the back straight of the second lap, you might stay away all the way through the final turn and all the way to the finish line.

It might not be 100% reliable, but it should be do-able. Perhaps with a different AI field?

Back