Best Way To Extract 5.1 / 7.1 Audio From PS5 HDMI - Multichannel Audio

• Thread starter Mr Latte
  • 7 comments

Mr Latte

Premium
United Kingdom
N Ireland
Guys, searched the forums but not sure if anyone knows a hardware adapter that supports PS5 that can then offer multi-channel analog outputs.

I want this to then be able to monitor and alter all PS5 audio channels.
It may not be necessary as I can do it already with 2 channel, just was curious.

Using the hardware I have, it would aid me in not just seeing how we might improve GT7 regards its own "Game Audio" and boost/,modify it for improved tactile usage. Or to mix/combine it with my own "effects creation" regards also using Simhub Shakeit for additional "Tactile"

Thanks...
Something like THIS

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea. As we all know there are situations in game where your hear but do not feel certain kerbs for example.

Unless you happen to already have an AV amp with 6 channel discrete pre-outs and HDMi, I don't think you're going to get a better option than that.
From what I have read we can set the PS5 to linear (LPCM) for uncompressed 7.1 audio.
The normal usage for an audio extractor like this would have been for owners of legacy AV amplifiers that were made prior and did not have HDMI but did have "MultiChannel" inputs.

*What I want to do with this is,,, err well different....

To take the extracted audio and run it through my mixer hardware. This would enable me to use a DAW and let me analyse/monitor what/how the frequencies and audio output is for each channel.

To take the extracted audio and run it through my mixer hardware. This would enable me to use a DAW and let me analyse/monitor what/how the frequencies and audio output is for each channel.
So the box you linked would do the job, surely? Discrete line level analog outputs from HDMi, that you can take from that box to your hardware - which I assume has 6 or 8 channel line-ins?

My point was unless you have an AV amp that's already got that functionality built in, there's likely not a better way of doing it than simply buying that box.

I think this is a great idea. As we all know there are situations in game where your hear but do not feel certain kerbs for example.
Yes but still some limitations, however being able to take "Game Audio" to know/understand what its generating is then also helpful towards creating "Simhub Effects" that can accompany it. This is why I want to look deeper into the audio from PS5 titles.

I use this hardware as part of my own requirements for what I wanted to do....
With my own interests in tactile for my own rig, I wanted a solution that met my interests in monitoring multiple channels of audio and being able to control them. Some people want high-end motion, I wanted high-end tactile and use such hardware to help my own hobby interest with creating my own effects.

We can apply additional tactile sensations for engines with "Simhub" and if desired build a custom set of effects for a specific car, these matching with the "generated audio frequencies" a specific cars sound produces.

Last edited:
So the item I ordered arrived and seems to be working how I need it.
Have to buy more cables to connect all 8 channels from this device into the S32 XLR inputs.
This means I can see how different titles use any of the 7.1 channels and if I want then modify the incoming audio from any PS5 games.

Example:
Replays in GT7 are an excellent example of the usage case I have for this device.
It's really easy to view from inside each car to see what frequencies each car's engine generates.

While I have various pro-audio visualisation and EQ plugins for Cubase
Here is just a glimpse of an RX7 using the mixer's own software analysis features.

One of the things I have noticed already is how few of the cars will use much in low frequencies below 50Hz or even 40Hz for the engine. Some of you may wonder why GT7 with "audio tactile" on your transducers, is hit n miss and here is some evidence as to why.

Part of my intentions here, will be to show members on these forums how we improve things.

GT7-RX7.JPG

Last edited:
Back