Best way to help our B-Spec brother

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 22 comments
  • 2,860 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
Are there any tricks/tips/etc. on how to educate B-Spec Bob on how to drive, aside from running him in the various Cups?
I get all gold in the Cup, then I hand it over to Bob and he is lucky to pull out a 3rd or 4th.
I'm only a couple levels above him, due to licensing XP. There's no licensing for Bob right?
Is the only thing you can do is take the bronzes and then come back at a later date when Bob is a higher level and run them again? That will get real boring if we have to run every B-spec event multiple times in order to get all golds.
I would like to off load some of these cars that I had to buy for Cups and will never use again, but I've got to hold onto them if I ever want to give Bob another shot. :grumpy:
 
Are there any tricks/tips/etc. on how to educate B-Spec Bob on how to drive, aside from running him in the various Cups?
I get all gold in the Cup, then I hand it over to Bob and he is lucky to pull out a 3rd or 4th.
I'm only a couple levels above him, due to licensing XP. There's no licensing for Bob right?
Is the only thing you can do is take the bronzes and then come back at a later date when Bob is a higher level and run them again? That will get real boring if we have to run every B-spec event multiple times in order to get all golds.
I would like to off load some of these cars that I had to buy for Cups and will never use again, but I've got to hold onto them if I ever want to give Bob another shot. :grumpy:
I had great success giving Bob a very nice car and letting him have at it, he usually destroys the competition if he has something with an extra 75k-100k put in compared to the rest of the field
 
I gave him my, pretty much, fully upgraded Type R Civic and told him to go maintain/slow down and, somehow, he won by 8 seconds on his second race.
 
So if I give him my Chrome Line Lambo for the FR challenge I should be good huh?
 
So if I give him my Chrome Line M3 for the FR challenge I should be good huh?
 
I'm not sure if it's related or not, but every time my b-spec driver wins a couple races with my stealth F1, his arrow goes from up or horizontal to down. I might be because he doesn't even have to try to win. Well, it might not even be related, but still worth mentioning.

I tend to give my driver a car that's a tad above what the best car is at the particular cup race. It always helps to not give him loose FR cars, as the drivers tend to spin when stressed out. So stick with FF or AWD cars in the beginning. If the races are close, my driver's arrow normally turns upward after a few.

Also, I watch my driver on the first lap with "Maintain Pace" on. There are some turns on each track that he is not good at. I remember these and before that turn on the next lap, I "Decrease Pace" beforehand, and he does better. Trying to keep the arrow on his potential bar around 3/4 to the top is good. I end up using "Decrease Pace" a lot to keep him calm, then use "Maintain Pace" or "Increase Pace" to make sure he doesn't slack-off when he's ahead.

Additionally, I'm not sure if this is just by happenstance, but the drivers seem to get better at the type of car that they use the most. My Driver A is awesome at FR cars, but always runs and slides into walls with an AWD, but my Driver B is the opposite, he's like Ken Block in an AWD, but sucks at FR cars.
 
He gets better at b spec lvl 10 I've noticed but till then he is fairly crappy at everything unless the car is way better than the rest of the competition!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know why people are struggling, my guy has won 11 out of 12 races and has never had a car with more the 15/20bhp ahead of the competition.

Oddly though the sunday cup autumn ring event which is traditionally the first is actually the hardest track for my guy, he won all the other tracks first time but that one gave him issues and i had to bring him back once he had levelled up a few times.

Just don't let the gauge move into the red section and its all good, I find him to be at his best if you keep him just a tiny bit to the right of the centre line.
 
Gauge in red isnt a problem after level 10+ though, it drains physical a little but he dosent preform poorly at all.
 
I'm not sure if it's related or not, but every time my b-spec driver wins a couple races with my stealth F1, his arrow goes from up or horizontal to down. I might be because he doesn't even have to try to win. Well, it might not even be related, but still worth mentioning.

I tend to give my driver a car that's a tad above what the best car is at the particular cup race. It always helps to not give him loose FR cars, as the drivers tend to spin when stressed out. So stick with FF or AWD cars in the beginning. If the races are close, my driver's arrow normally turns upward after a few.

Also, I watch my driver on the first lap with "Maintain Pace" on. There are some turns on each track that he is not good at. I remember these and before that turn on the next lap, I "Decrease Pace" beforehand, and he does better. Trying to keep the arrow on his potential bar around 3/4 to the top is good. I end up using "Decrease Pace" a lot to keep him calm, then use "Maintain Pace" or "Increase Pace" to make sure he doesn't slack-off when he's ahead.

Additionally, I'm not sure if this is just by happenstance, but the drivers seem to get better at the type of car that they use the most. My Driver A is awesome at FR cars, but always runs and slides into walls with an AWD, but my Driver B is the opposite, he's like Ken Block in an AWD, but sucks at FR cars.

I noticed that too. I kept playing the same crappy events in the beginner series, ones where 'Bob' actually stood a chance in an immensely overpowered car. His name is 'D.Oh' - I think that summarizes his racing skill. He does really well until he has a brain fart and just starts spinning in circles.

I think if you keep replaying the same events that are no longer challenging for your driver his skill will begin to degrade (symbolized by the down arrow). Even though he loses some of those races, he may learn more than he does by flat out winning everything he competes in. Thats just my theory though, I wish they provided more info on this thing. Can't wait till they allow us to control B-Spec remotely. That will be soo much nicer.
 
I noticed that too. I kept playing the same crappy events in the beginner series, ones where 'Bob' actually stood a chance in an immensely overpowered car. His name is 'D.Oh' - I think that summarizes his racing skill. He does really well until he has a brain fart and just starts spinning in circles.

I think if you keep replaying the same events that are no longer challenging for your driver his skill will begin to degrade (symbolized by the down arrow). Even though he loses some of those races, he may learn more than he does by flat out winning everything he competes in. Thats just my theory though, I wish they provided more info on this thing. Can't wait till they allow us to control B-Spec remotely. That will be soo much nicer.

hahaha "brain fart" mine does exactly the same thing i put him in a 07 GT-R and he was overtaken buy a 180sx and i was stumped at why but maybe giving him more challenging races improves him that sounds good in theory
 
The cool thing about the "Bobs" that I've found is that although both my drivers had about the same skill levels and personality...I purposely chose my 2nd Bob to match the 1st after his success, the 2nd Bob is more talented, but midway through races when he's in the lead, he starts to fall asleep. His "heat" meter goes way into the blue and I have to keep reminding him to keep up the pace. The 1st Bob has about a dozen wins and he doesn't get lazy, but he still occasionally makes dumb mistakes. Very interesting!
 
I have a 'cool' Bob and a 'hot' Bob.

The cool version barely tries to overtake unless the car in question is significantly faster, whereas the hot version will try to overtake everything and anything right from the start.

Maybe a middle of the road Bob will be best for minimal attention.
 
hahaha "brain fart" mine does exactly the same thing i put him in a 07 GT-R and he was overtaken buy a 180sx and i was stumped at why but maybe giving him more challenging races improves him that sounds good in theory

Please use proper capitalization and punctuation here. Thanks.
 
In another thread someone mentioned they just let their b-specs race automatically while not at the console playing. How is this done? Alps, do you have to reach certain levels to get more than one driver? I can only have one guy right now.
 
keep him between hot and cold and he'll be fine. He's doing Deep Forest in Beginner FF cup right now with a 274hp '91 Civic SiR. You really can't leave him alone while you go eat or shop somewhere. Unless you give him a car with 200+hp over the competition.
 
My advice get a hot bob coz he will absolutely fly, Think of a hot bob as Lewis Hamilton fast yet abit unpredictable, Whereas a cold bob is more like Jenson Button cool and calm and calculated
 
In another thread someone mentioned they just let their b-specs race automatically while not at the console playing. How is this done? Alps, do you have to reach certain levels to get more than one driver? I can only have one guy right now.

I do this, at the start I overtake and once in 1st position I just let him to his own devices, handy if you want a drink or a lav break :)
 
I had great success giving Bob a very nice car and letting him have at it, he usually destroys the competition if he has something with an extra 75k-100k put in compared to the rest of the field


Same here, I put him in my tuned Camaro and he went 3 for 3 no problems. I went to go make dinner, so I put him in an old Civic, and he knocked the front bumper off and smashed the whole right side in.
 
Bob sucks, plain and simple. Once he's hot, he slams into everything and makes me want to punch him in his face. I once had him in first for a whole lap so I went away, came back and he finished in 2nd. Stupid idiot.
 
I think of "Bob" simply as a Cash Grabber so I put him in the Best Cars I have and let him get on with it so far i'm 18 for 18 Straight :D

I choose Cool Bob as I don't wan't to watch him Smashing my Cars up 👍
 
Back