Best way to practive for Online?

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 10 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
I thought I remember reading a thread somewhere about this but I can't find it. I know that online the performance is supposed to be equal but if I want to practice a track offline, what's the best car to use to mimick the online performance?

Also, I've been reading through some of the setup threads and I'm getting confused to how it works and what gets saved, etc. When I do a TT and do a setup, does it get saved? When I do a GP weekend, what happens to those settings? How about the stuff from career mode? Sorry for the noob questions but the more posts I read, the more confused I was about what's really happening.

I thought I remember reading a thread somewhere about this but I can't find it. I know that online the performance is supposed to be equal but if I want to practice a track offline, what's the best car to use to mimick the online performance?

Also, I've been reading through some of the setup threads and I'm getting confused to how it works and what gets saved, etc. When I do a TT and do a setup, does it get saved? When I do a GP weekend, what happens to those settings? How about the stuff from career mode? Sorry for the noob questions but the more posts I read, the more confused I was about what's really happening.

I've nver played online so I dunno which car best mimmicks the online one. But as for your second question. Your settings all just save automatically and are there the way you left them, no matter which mode you originally set them in or which mode you're now playing in, providing you've selected the same constructor of course.

Ok, just to clarify this. Say I just raced Monza in carrer mode with a STR. Then I go do a TT with a STR, the settings will be the same as the last race in career mode?

Second scenario, if I'm doing a TT and hit on a really good setup, how do I use it in career mode? (other than manually writing it down and re-using it).

Ok, just to clarify this. Say I just raced Monza in carrer mode with a STR. Then I go do a TT with a STR, the settings will be the same as the last race in career mode?

Second scenario, if I'm doing a TT and hit on a really good setup, how do I use it in career mode? (other than manually writing it down and re-using it).

First scenario, the answer is yes.

Second scenario, you don't have to do anything. It just remembers the last set up you used, regardless of which mode it was made in, and uses it.

P.S. Where do you all get your gtplanet avatars?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

At the top, under My GTPlanet --> Edit Avatar. Once you get 100 posts you can use your own custom avatars.

Ok, I'm back with another stupid question. Are the settings for a specific car/track combo or just the car? If I do a GP weekend with STR at Monza, then go into TT mode and do Bahrain with an STR, which settings will it use? Will it use the Monza settings or the last settings I had when/if I did Bahrain?

Sorry for all the questions, but the way it works in F1:CE just seems weird to me with all the auto saving. I guess I'm used to manually saving and loading the particular settings I want. It seems like it's too easy to lose a good setup this way. I'm not complaining, just observing. I still think this is the best F1 game on any console.

Ok, I'm back with another stupid question. Are the settings for a specific car/track combo or just the car? If I do a GP weekend with STR at Monza, then go into TT mode and do Bahrain with an STR, which settings will it use? Will it use the Monza settings or the last settings I had when/if I did Bahrain?

Sorry for all the questions, but the way it works in F1:CE just seems weird to me with all the auto saving. I guess I'm used to manually saving and loading the particular settings I want. It seems like it's too easy to lose a good setup this way. I'm not complaining, just observing. I still think this is the best F1 game on any console.

It only saves your settings for a car, at that specific track. If you just think of it that it autosaves after your go, every time, for the car you used on that track. So it's always just the way you left it last time if you select the same car on the same track again.

Back