Best way to start out?

United States
Chicago
atsoc75
I'm currently downloading GT Sport SPECII 10 bonus cars and 2.5 million credits

I have a T300RS with G29 pedals and I could use some advice on the best way to start out playing the game.

1. Wheel and game settings

2. Best cars to start with, and solid tune

3. ABS TC????????????

I'm currently downloading GT Sport SPECII 10 bonus cars and 2.5 million credits

I have a T300RS with G29 pedals and I could use some advice on the best way to start out playing the game.

1. Wheel and game settings

2. Best cars to start with, and solid tune

3. ABS TC????????????
Dont worry about tuning, it isnt a big focus for a chunk of the game. Go through the driving school, mission challenges and circuit experience to get used to the driving physics, handling of cars and things like which driving view you like.

This will also give you lots of money and at least 20 cars. I would usually always leave ABS on, but some people feel they drive better with it on weak so once you feel comfortable with pace maybe give it a go. TCS is a personal preference but just use whatever helps you keep the car on the road.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

I wouldnt worry too much about sport mode until you get a bit more consistent with the other things. Maybe see you on line at some point.

To add to the above, using the cones is a decent way of learning the tracks. You get 2 side by side cones for brake markers and single cones for turn ins and exits.

Turn up the tyre screech sound in the options to hear as well as feel how much grip you have.

I'm running 3-8 on my T300 at the moment but it feels like the sensitivity can be lowered a little more. Something to start with at least.

Keep an eye on the top 10 times for meta and track specific cars to buy.

Congratulations on your purchase.

The Bonus cars you got, will give you an indication of how differently each of those Gr.3 cars handle.

Circuit Experience will net about 6,000,000Cr., if you Gold all sectors and the Lap Attacks. 36 cars total. So, save your credits, as you may be gifted one or two Gr.1 cars and maybe a Gr.2 Super GT500 car.

As mentioned above, Driving School gifts six cars for completing Beginner and Intermediate, as well as a bonus Lamborghini Veneno and a GT-R Pace Car.

Mission Challenge will unlock eight cars. One per full stage completion. Takes a while to complete, if you have limited time.

Hope you have fun.

That is a great wheel+pedals combo, although I'm a bit worried of the brakes' resistance, is it too stiff for you as for others that I have read?

Contrary to the game's manual's advice to start with auto-braking and steering assistance, I would recommend to disable them first thing you do. It's a laughable dose of assists that makes it so arcadey and less fun.

Next, licence tests, to get your fundaments down. Then missions, campaign and online is up to taste, same with your first car. But a great thing to check out is Circuit experience mode, memorizing the tracks together with brake points etc. is more than half of job done for hotlapping and racing in general.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back