Best wheel for GT7?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 4 comments
I have an old but trusty Logitech G27 wheel that I would love to hook up to a PS5 and play GT7 with, but I read that it's quite a pain to get it to work, so I may be looking to purchase another wheel setup. Can anyone recommend me of a good wheel to get the most from GT7 that will also hook up to my PC when I'm not using it with my PS5?

With "unlimited" budget:
get one of the ps4/ps5 compatible direct drive wheels. currently there are wheels from logitech and fanatec that are compatible with the ps5. the direct drive wheel bases will need "stable" mounting, mounting them to a desk or one of the cheaper playseats/sim rigs could be problematic.
Logitech is relatively new to the direct drive market and doesn't have a big ecosystem yet.
Fanatec has a huge ecosystem for their wheels and peripherals but is currently struggling with the demand.

With limited budget:
Get a used thrustmaster T300 becuase of the tlcm pedals. Lload cell pedals are more important than gear vs belt driven wheels.
I would not recommend to buy such a set as new, direct drive wheels are better and worth the premium.

I own the fanatec gt dd pro with the load cell pedal set and the mclaren gt3 wheel (the wheel is xbox compatible and makes the whole setup xbox compatible!). I'm happy with it :)

Are the DD Fanatecs compatible with PC as well? I'm looking for a cross platform compatible wheel, so that I can easily connect to my PC and vice versa.

Yes, they use usb :D
(The last time I have seen console compatible wheels that are not compatible with pc was in the ps2/original xbox 1 era)

So you're saying most of the current modern day wheels are all compatible with PC?

I just looked at the Fanatec GT DD Pro and it's going for $699, and includes the wheel, DD unit and Pedals, not bad. And it's compatible with PC as well. I also plan on getting the load cell addon, because I plan on getting an H-Shifter and need the 3rd clutch pedal for driving manual cars. Do you know if this set is compatible to mount with a Playseat rig? I currently have a Logitech G27 set mounted to mines and would like to know if its possible to mount the Fanatec GT DD Pro kit without having to order adapters or hacking my seat.
I also notice that the Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ V1.5 doesn't have PS5 support. Does GT7 support an H-pattern shifter and cars with clutch?

Do you know how well the wheel will work with games on the PC such as Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, ACC, etc? Also, is the steering wheel itself replaceable if I decide I want to get another wheel for my PC games? Just be able to hot swap it out to a new one, based on the game or car that I'm going to use.

Last edited:
Back