Best wheel for GTS?

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 28 comments
Germany
Berlin, Germany
bmxmitch1
I'm sure there are lots of threads already, but I wanted to ask it here. Quick and simple. :)

Which Wheel do you guys play on, or recommend buying?
I don't play on a good office table, so mounting it somewhere will be tricky. But I would love to play on my couch with a good steering wheel setup. Any tips are welcome, thanks. :cheers:

i never used a wheel before, any recommendation to use a wheel ?

i already complete all GT Series 100% from 1 to 6 expect 5 with stupid joystick, if its so much fun or make the play easier i think ill buy a good one

and I was just wondering, is there a difference in lap times when you use a steering wheel vs PS4 controller?

I think that's subjective, some people are faster with pad than with wheel and vice versa.
Me personally I'm faster with wheel because I can drive much smoother.

The single biggest improvement you personally can provide yourself with any racing game is to purchase a good wheel.
I was on the fence for a good while simply because of the investment.
When GT5 came out I bought a Logitech DFGT, it changed everything.
I used it for a year, sold it and bought a G27.
Two years later I went all in with Fanatec new CSR Elite.
The Fanatec is really what pushed me over the edge into a full blown hobby, I still have it.
The best wheel for GT Sport will undoubtedly in my opinion be the CSL Elite.
I'm sure the new Thrustmaster T-GT is a great wheel, it all depends on how much coin you want to spend.
I'm currently using the T-150 and honestly find it more than adequate as an entry level FFB wheel. It's very good at the $200 price point.

The question is how much do you want to spend?

My impression is this game was produced with Thrustmaster wheels in mind, so a T300 would be a logical choice. I had a T300 a few years ago and didn’t care for it, and reliability issues users experienced compelled me to return to Logitech products. I used a DFGT on GT5, G27 for GT6, and now the G29 for GTS. Maybe I’ll be missing out not using a Thrustmaster wheel in GTS, but the G29 works well regardless.

XXI
The single biggest improvement you personally can provide yourself with any racing game is to purchase a good wheel.

The question is how much do you want to spend?

Thanks a lot for your answer. :cheers:
Guess I have to wait until next month to know how much I'll spend, but 250-300 would be my limit for now. (As I probably need a stand for it too)
The T-150 sounds very temting though.

Thanks a lot for your answer. :cheers:
Guess I have to wait until next month to know how much I'll spend, but 250-300 would be my limit for now. (As I probably need a stand for it too)
The T-150 sounds very temting though.

250-300 for a wheel and stand you're definitely looking at the T150 then.

DO NOT buy the Thrustmaster T80, it's cheap and tempting but you'll be sorely disappointed with no FFB.

Yeah, I used the DFGT for GT5. Not sure about the G29 but the DFGT was a noisy bugger.
I used the DFGT for GT5 and GT6 and it is noisy. I picked up the G29 maybe 8 months ago and it is so much quieter. The G29 is quite a but better than the DFGT other than one item I miss...Sequential shifter. Hear me out on this. I never used it as a shifter, instead used the paddles, but it was great to program reverse and handbrake to. Not saying the G29 is the best thing ever but I picked it up for under 200 and for that price point its great for someone like myself

I would be quite happy with the G29 TBH. I managed to pick the T300RS on an Amazon black Friday deal for £200 :)

the more feedback there is on that subject and the better it will be !

last time i bought a wheel was when the G25 came out and stuck with it to GT6.
nowadays there's much more potential choices so it's hard to make the right choice, i don't want to spend hundreds of euros on some "garbage" !
anyone playing with a T500 RS ?

edit: i had the chance to play with that Leo Bodnard wheel once with Rfactor on some F1 simulator and let me tell you it has to be the very thing available BUT ...... check the prices :eek: :lol:

I'd recommend the T300 ..... until yesterday when mine died. I'll probably stick to Logitech from now on.
Im sorry man!
I'm using the T300RS. Feels really good with GT Sport.
To the both of you: what ffb settings did/do you use?
I’m still worried about the forces being so damn strong on my T300. To much power. PC2 is nice.

Im sorry man!

I’m still worried about the forces being so damn strong on my T300. To much power. PC2 is nice.

In the beta I was cranking the settings way up. In the demo it appears it is too heavy so you might want to turn it down. Personal preference really.

Im sorry man!

I'm just using the default settings. I didn't even know you could adjust it!

Hm... weird. I hope it’s a demo thing. Last night I was going with 1/10 ffb setting. Still not fully satisfied.

I'm using a base T150 (two pedal set rather than 3, which is what you get with the Pro version) and this is also the first GT game where I've used a wheel, played with a controller since day 1.

Any t150 users here that can give detailed impressions? I'm on the fence with buying one right now. T300 is not within my budget and it will just be for casual play.

I was using a T150 up until yesterday when mine broke. I really enjoyed using it with GT Sport, i would consider myself a casual player and for the price I got the wheel ~£100.00 it was definitely worth it. Ive had it for just under 2yrs so hoping I can get it fixed under warranty.

Man! 2 different Thrustmaster wheels die while/after playing the GT Sport demo and MANY Thrustmaster owners complaining/commenting (myself included) on how heavy the steering is in this game makes me think that this demo is damaging our wheels. My T300RS fan was on constantly which NEVER normally happens. DS4 only for me until this is sorted.

Logitech Driving Force GT works just fine, since FFB is so to say "simple"... BTW, it os recognized as G29 :)

Cheers...

Last edited:
Guys, does the T100 have any sort of compatibility issues? There's a vid on Youtube of a guy using one during the last beta but doesn't say what does or doesn't work...

Latest Posts

Back