Better Late than never.. A small Intro.

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
I know it's really late to do an introduction here, but I'll do one anyway. So here goes...

How did you find GTPlanet?
Back in July 2011, I was directed here to GTP by someone on Gran Turismo 5 after I stumbled into one of their street racing league lobbies. The main reason I joined GTP initially was to compete in said street racing league. What I didn't realise at the time was how tight-knit the community here would be in the other areas of the forums.

I began to lurk in more threads and eventually GTP became my go-to place for all things GT related as well as automotive news and other things in general. During my time here, I've met quite a lot of good people and some have helped me spread my wings within GT itself in taking on racing leagues and official series.

I've never looked back since.

Where are you from?
Born and raised in Buckie, Scotland and lived there for all 21 years I've existed in this universe. I've travelled to a few places in Britain as well as hopping across the Atlantic to Toronto, Canada, Niagara Falls and St. Johns, Newfoundland on vacation. My dream is to one day move out of Scotland and set up in America sometime, or move to Alaska.

When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
Back around 1998, I first played the demo for GT1 on the original Playstation. However, I didn't care much for it as I grew up playing the original Spyro the Dragon games and was more interested in playing Toca 2 when it came to racing.

The first GT copy I bought was GT Concept 2002: Tokyo to Geneva for the PS2 back in 2003 when I was on a residential school trip to Edinburgh. Seeing the amazing racing cars and hypercars that the game had. I became addicted and bought GT4 a couple of years later. I loved to Corvette C5.R race car and Cadillac CIEN, as well as the Jaguar XJR-9 in GT4 and had huge fun playing split screen races with my cousin on the Test Course.

Do you play with a steering wheel?
I've been through a few wheels during the times I've played GT. I started with a Ferrari wheel on GT4 similar to this one, but with no pedals, before I started learning manual driving with the Williams F1 wheel.

By the time GT5 Prologue came along, I decided to acquire a Logitech G25 as it had a proper manual shifter. 6 years later, my G25 might be scarred, but it;s still going strong.

What other games do you enjoy?
I originally was addicted to just driving games, but I've since expanded into playing FPS games such as MAG and Call of Duty. I also enjoy other games such as Sniper Elite V2, Uncharted 3 and the 2 current Infamous games. Heck, I even enjoyed Sonic Unleashed and Wall-E: The Game.

One of my newest addictions is the PS4 shoot-'em-up Resogun. It's good fun and quite challenging.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?

Basically just get to know more people, share some laughs and try to help others.

Welcome to :gtpflag:. Good read, as well. I think that should be the way all people introduce themselves. 👍

Back