Better Views 3 screen or VR?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Defiant1776
  • 9 comments
  • 1,127 views
Messages
38
United States
United States
So I have a questions. During a couple of races I received some penalties which I believe I probably deserved. I think the issue is I cant see the sides of the car basically becomes a blind spot. I would be following the racing line and since I did not see the car next to me we made contact. Had I seen the car I would have gone wide and raced that person for the spot. Several times I received a penalty from being divebombed where the car passes and most of the car is on the grass yet they received no penalty?? I cant figure if I was penalized for not seeing them and forcing them in the grass instead of giving race room. But you cant fix what you cant see?

Would the three screen setup help the situation? Is VR a better option? Thoughts pro's and cons?
 
So I have a questions. During a couple of races I received some penalties which I believe I probably deserved. I think the issue is I cant see the sides of the car basically becomes a blind spot. I would be following the racing line and since I did not see the car next to me we made contact. Had I seen the car I would have gone wide and raced that person for the spot. Several times I received a penalty from being divebombed where the car passes and most of the car is on the grass yet they received no penalty?? I cant figure if I was penalized for not seeing them and forcing them in the grass instead of giving race room. But you cant fix what you cant see?

Would the three screen setup help the situation? Is VR a better option? Thoughts pro's and cons?

I think VR only works in a time trial offline.
 
So I have a questions. During a couple of races I received some penalties which I believe I probably deserved. I think the issue is I cant see the sides of the car basically becomes a blind spot. I would be following the racing line and since I did not see the car next to me we made contact. Had I seen the car I would have gone wide and raced that person for the spot. Several times I received a penalty from being divebombed where the car passes and most of the car is on the grass yet they received no penalty?? I cant figure if I was penalized for not seeing them and forcing them in the grass instead of giving race room. But you cant fix what you cant see?

Would the three screen setup help the situation? Is VR a better option? Thoughts pro's and cons?

Curious, how would you even do a 3 screen setup?
 
Curious, how would you even do a 3 screen setup?
To be honest I don't even know if it is possible with the PS but if they answers were that it would help I would look into it. I know that it is possible with the PC.

Are you using your radar ?
I have not paid much attention to it. I know that when you see the arrows on that other screen it seems like cars are closer than they actually are. Is the radar accurate? I will do some testing in a lobby to see if I can get a better idea. Thanks for the reply!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When you've tried VR, you'll forget all about bigger screens or triple screen set ups. There's just no comparison. Hopefully, the next gen PSVR will have enough power to play the whole game in VR, not just time trials.

And to your point about awareness of other cars, try looking at your radar more often. It's easy to miss in the heat of the moment, but it'll help you avoid more incidents.
 
Back