beware of some memory cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter gt4_lover
  • 16 comments
  • 833 views
Messages
6
some memory cards have a fabrication defect:they loose in the memory card slot because they are 1 mm smaller than the others: so it could corrupt ur data while saving or loading and u have to start all over again: i completed 46%of the game and i had to start it all over again: check ur memory cards and if they have the defect copy the data to a safe memory card immediatly
 
thnx for the tip
but wich memory cards are we talking about:)
 
All memory cards, can lose data, well get coruppted i mean, cause mine did, and mine is a normal size 8mb memory card.
 
ur memory card master must be one of those defected. to check it ,shake the memory card into the slot if it moves then u gotta change the memory card coz i'm sure u don't wanna lose data again :P :)
 
Master_Yoda
All memory cards, can lose data, well get coruppted i mean, cause mine did, and mine is a normal size 8mb memory card.


My first memory card suddenly went out like light bulb. Somehow I managed to save one piece of data, but not the others.
 
Ahhh, yes. My older memory card has a weird corrupting problem with a few games I used to play. I used to have multiple game saves from one game saved on the card because it was so bad. It was pretty annoying.

The newer one we bought hasn't had any problems I don't think.
 
Never any problems with mine. 👍 well i only have two, and i got them with my PS2 from Amazon.
 
guys i just found out that chinese made memory cards have that kind of problem: don't buy chinese products for ur PS2 preferably buy japanese made products coz chinese joysticks , eyetoys, memorycards will betray you some time after u buy them :) ;)
 
After I got a MadCatz controller that was cross-wired and stopped working after a week, I now only buy SONY perifrials for my PS2. There is no substitute for quality. I'll pay the extra $10 for a SONY memory card.
 
gt4_lover
ur memory card master must be one of those defected. to check it ,shake the memory card into the slot if it moves then u gotta change the memory card coz i'm sure u don't wanna lose data again :P :)
It fits perfectly it's not a defect i can 100% garante you that this is a normal card, CAUSE i have mabe 20 friends that have a PS2 and i have 3 meory cards, and same with alot of my friends, there all the same, i really doubt there even is a defect memory cards out there. I've seen about 100 cards, and not 1 has been smaller.
 
Exactly, FF. The only peripheral I've ever bought that wasn't made by Sony was the DFP. And that was made in conjunction with Sony, not simply by some third-party company who bought the rights to make PS2 stuff.
 
I have a nyko 8mb mem card, licensed by sony, magicgate and all that jazz, my brother also has 2 of his own, and I've never had any problems. I think he bought them for like 30 bucks for 3 on ebay or something like that a year ago...
 
I have one thats defective... It was like God told me to do this subconsciously...
I had just copied my data to my other memory card, k? I went back to the first cuz i was going to do some stuff that i wasnt sure of whether or not was to be regretted... Sure enough, the file on the card was corrupt! I had just saved my hide!!!
The problem is, my other card is one of those cheapies... it has 32MB, but its slower than the standard... Oh well... Beggars cant be choosers...
Beware! Corruption can happen to anyone!
 
well mine always perfect and i got my with the PS2
 
Back