United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
This forum needs some bike news in it.

Autoblog
BFO Motorcycles plans to offer a streetfighter kit for the Hayabusa
bfo450ps1.jpg

There are few thrills in motorcycling that compare with the sensation of pinning the throttle wide-open on a liter-class sportbike and hanging on for dear life. Of course, there are also a few inherent problems with this operation, though, and one of them is losing control. Another is the cost of replacement body parts (those of the bike, not yours!). And so the streetfighter was born, with owners of sportbikes choosing to remove their damaged plastic bodywork instead of replacing it. As with many trends, a small but fanatical industry has sprouted up to offer ready-made bikes which mimic the streetfighter look. The Suzuki Hayabusa is a prime candidate to get the streetfighter treatment, and BFO Motorcycles has decided to offer a limited run of 100 frame kits for the Japanese falcon-bike. Oddly, the kit also will include a carbon-fiber fairing, making it a true streetfighter in name only. Regardless of what BFO considers this bike, we think that the rendering looks awesome and we can't wait to see one of these in the real world.

The bike looks more manageable, I found the busa to be almost to big for me. It's hard to tell though since it's only a concept drawing.

Yeah, it does looks awesome...... :drool:
But I can't remember it correctly but, didn't Suzuki had a concept naked bike which used the Hayabusa engine? That looks more awesome than this.... :D

I'm not a rabid fan of the Japanese Falcon like some, but that street fighter version I wouldn't mind taking for a carving session.

And just so you know the B-king is not a concept any more. Coming soon to a dealer near you.

2008 B-King MSRP: $12,899.00
Engine: 1340cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC*
Bore Stroke: 81.0 x 65.0mm*
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1*
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Ignition: Digital/Transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2220mm (87.4 in.)*
Overall Width: 800mm (31.5 in.)*
Overall Height: 1085mm (42.7 in.)*
Seat Height: 805mm (31.7 in.)*
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)*
Wheelbase: 1525mm (60.0 in.)*
Dry Weight: 235 kg (518 lbs.)* CA Model: 236 kg (520 lbs.)*
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable rebound damping and adjustable compression damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17*
Tires Rear: 200/50-ZR-17*
Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 liter (4.2 gal)* CA Model: 16.0 liter*
Color: Gray/Silver, Black/Matte Black

Once again, I'm glad we finally have this motorcycle forum. I'm very proud to have lobbied and worked to make this happen. Now on to this motorcycle.

The Suzuki Hayabusa is a wicked motorcycle. This streetfighter package will make this bike more aggressive. I personally love the Hayabusa. I'm used to the big body design of the Hayabusa. This concept for a streetfighter version makes this already-irresistable motorcycle even more irresistable. It should be very fun to see someone ride off in one of these.

I was thinking about this thread a little more as well as the whole streetfighter bike deal. What I've been thinking about was the appeal of the streetfighter bikes. I'm used to fully-covered motorcycles. However, I can understand the streetfighter design. The Suzuki Hayabusa has a lot of bodywork on the sides. Most people find appeal in naked bikes. I actually think the big bodywork on the Hayabusa gives the bike its distinction. Going for the streetfighter look for a certain motorcycle carries about as much impact as a car colored in black. You know, a car you're not supposed to be able to readily identify from its appearance. Then you have the streetfighter bikes that are all about sleek performance using less bodywork. Less bodywork obviously means lighter weight. Anything to make the already-hot Hayabusa better is music to the ears of bike lovers.

My little stepbrother took a picture of me on the 2007 (I learned it was the 2007 version from the Suzuki motorcycle website) Suzuki Hayabusa. Joey D, you say you're 5'9"? I'm 6'0". It is a little tough even for someone like me to grasp onto the handlebars. Here is a[n edited] picture of me on the Suzuki GSX-R from this year's Houston Auto Show:

suzukigsx1300rmend1.jpg

This is the current (as of 3/3/2008) default picture to my Myspace profile. I'm sitting on the bike kind of in a neutral state. I can't really imagine having to tuck down to cut through the air running full speed. Something about me is that I have a potbelly. So it may be a bit tough trying to comfortably tuck down if I was doing a full-speed run. Otherwise, it's a great bike even with the extra bodywork and lovely design. What do you fans of this streetfighter kit like about this streetfighter design apart from its traditional looks?

The B-King is not a naked 'busa, but a different bike using the 'busa engine. As for the street fighter kit making it more "manageable" because the bike's really big, I don't follow that. It's the same big bike.

The 'busa is not a sport bike. It's a GT bike. Rather like a Veyron amongst Corvettes adn 911s. They carve better, but it's faster.

Back