- 1,476
I tried searching for Klos's thread about unheard bands, but couldn't find it so this will 'ave to do. (actually klos I think this band would be right up your alley, after seeing what you're into)
Just wandering if anyone out there has heard of a group called Biffy Clyro?
They're a Scottish band who've made it relatively big over here in the UK, but only in small rock circles and "scene" circles.
What captured them to me was the fact I haven't heard anything like them, and personally I think they're refreshing and differnet. Over the course of the 3 albums they've released you can expect to hear eveyrthing and anything, and it's all differnt. I suppose if you didn't like them, then you could say all their stuff sounds the same, but if they are your cup of tea then each song sounds completly different.
The singer in my opinion is amazing and the guitar work he produces is refershing and staggering the fact that what he plays, he sings as well at the same time.
Their songs are detialed and have tinest parts, and are constantly changing, you just don't know what to expect next.
They produced 3 albums so far, which isn't bad considering I think they only started up in 2001, unless someone wishes to correct me. Blackened Sky, was their first, with Vertigo Bliss second and their new album is Infinity Land.
My personaly favourite song that i'd say check out is a number called Solution Devices on the album Blackened Sky.
I'm not trying to be a fan boy or anything just pointing out this relatively unheard band I think have a lot of potential. They aren't the most of easy listening bands to listen to but I'm just impressed with the amount of detail that goes into each song, and there's so much out there by them that there's something there for everyone.
So yea check them out if you have time!
Just wandering if anyone out there has heard of a group called Biffy Clyro?
They're a Scottish band who've made it relatively big over here in the UK, but only in small rock circles and "scene" circles.
What captured them to me was the fact I haven't heard anything like them, and personally I think they're refreshing and differnet. Over the course of the 3 albums they've released you can expect to hear eveyrthing and anything, and it's all differnt. I suppose if you didn't like them, then you could say all their stuff sounds the same, but if they are your cup of tea then each song sounds completly different.
The singer in my opinion is amazing and the guitar work he produces is refershing and staggering the fact that what he plays, he sings as well at the same time.
Their songs are detialed and have tinest parts, and are constantly changing, you just don't know what to expect next.
They produced 3 albums so far, which isn't bad considering I think they only started up in 2001, unless someone wishes to correct me. Blackened Sky, was their first, with Vertigo Bliss second and their new album is Infinity Land.
My personaly favourite song that i'd say check out is a number called Solution Devices on the album Blackened Sky.
I'm not trying to be a fan boy or anything just pointing out this relatively unheard band I think have a lot of potential. They aren't the most of easy listening bands to listen to but I'm just impressed with the amount of detail that goes into each song, and there's so much out there by them that there's something there for everyone.
So yea check them out if you have time!
HTML:
http://www.biffyclyro.com/v3/frameindex.html