Big Jimmy’s GT Sport Quiz

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
Devon UK
Hello All.

(For clarification this is not Jimmy Broadbent's account and I am not him)

For my GT Sport editorial in the Pullmans weekly news this week I plan to do a self discovery test (like you get in them lady’s fashion mags) so you can find out what sort of GT Sport Player you really are. I have been in contact with Cambridge Analytica who helped me design the questions. They have promised not to sell the information gained from the tests to either Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin.

I would very much appreciate if GT Planet members could take the test and let me know what they think of the results. It’s simple, all you need to do is answer the questions honestly and take a note of the number of the answers that most closely match your response. Then add them all up at the end.

Ok lets go….

Question 1

You have just received a RenaultSport Clio Trophy for the 3rd day in a row in the GT Sport Roulette. Your reaction is:

1 That’s a bit of a pain. Still, I will quickly go into my garage and delete the duplicates to keep things looking tidy. After all, tomorrow is another day.

2 WTF… What the hell is the point of giving us anything other than Gr.4 and Gr.3. Stop it with this group N and X trash and let me get on with being awesome.

3 Nice one, I happen to currently be doing a Clio Cup livery retrospective for my photography studio collection. The more Clios I have, the easier group shots I can do in Scapes.

4 Fuuuuuuuuuuuu… This is a fix. This roulette is rigged in favor of Polyphony digital (because reasons). Right, that’s it, **** you PD I’m making another GTP thread about this.

5 You didn’t drive 26 miles in GTS today, as you were on iRacing for 12 hours straight. This must be a feverish dream.

Question 2

You are playing GTSport and your wife/girlfriend appears in front of the TV wearing just bra and panties. She says to you “Can you come up stairs? I have worn out my fingers making cakes for you all day and now they are too tired to take off my underwear. I need your help”. Your reaction is…

1 PS Button – Power Options- Switch off PS4

2 My wife and kids left me a long time ago.

3 Who on earth has time for a wife or girlfriend? Especially as the new seasons F1 liveries are being announced. No one else is going to turn them into GT Sport liveries, so it’s down to me to get them out to the community.

4 Sorry, wife? Girlfriend? I don’t know what these are.

5 “Sorry babe. I’m live streaming right now; let me ask in chat what I should do”. “Ok chat what should I do, carry on trying to get gold in these licenses for your viewing pleasure, or should I help my lady with her clothing problem”… “Ok that’s a resounding win for lady time as voted for by chat. Get into bed, its punterino time Baby” –Moves webcam to show the bed-

Question 3

You have a sudden urge to go back to Gran Turismo 5 and drive a Jaguar S-Type. You load up GT5 and notice you only have One S-Type in your garage. What is your reaction?

1 Select it and go for a drive.

2 GT5’s online functionality is dead. Why the hell did I put that disk back in the PS3? Turn of the PS3 and go back to Sport Mode daily races.

3 You select the Jag but you don’t like the colour. Then you: Check your paint chips but you don’t have anything special enough. Do enough races to raise the cash to by a Ferrari 512BB in gold. Use that chip to paint the Jag. Do one lap of a track trying to get some cool slides. Take 100 pics of the lap in Photomode. Upload them to Flickr

4 “Well I’m not going to drive that as it might lose some BHP”. You check the Used car dealership but it’s not there. You do the license test trick 500 times until an S-Type appears. You then take it through GT Auto and do the oil. Take the car to the track and do some laps. Later, check the BHP and see it has dropped slightly... Cry.

5 You go to select the Jag but “chat” insist you drive the Fiat Panda. Drive that instead.

Question 4

It’s an FIA Manufactures Race tonight. How do you prepare?

1 Try a get a few laps practice over a couple of nights before the race. Perhaps join a practice lobby if one is there.

2 Arrrggghhhh. ARRRGGGGHHHH. Slaps face and stares in the mirror. When qualification starts its time for your serious race face. Its 2k points or die!

3 I already told you, I have all these F1 liveries to do, and now the BTCC cars are appearing as well. I don’t have time to race. The community needs me.

4 Im not level 50 yet. I’m on Blue Moon Bay race number 15 of the day and I have way more XP to grind for. No sport mode for me, that’s not true GT.

5 I don’t race in them, I commentate on them.

Question 5

A conversation at work has drifted in a direction that you don’t know anything about. What do you do?

1 Go with the flow as much as possible but try to look up the topic on your phone without anyone noticing.

2 Wait until the conversation slows and try to possibly move it in the direction of education or employment and use this as chance to tell everyone how you are basically one race away from becoming a professional racing driver and that sim racing is pretty much the same thing these days.

3 Google the subject on your phone and show people a picture related to it. Comment how the photo isn’t that great and that you could do a better job with the focal length and exposure. Then proceed to tell everyone how you run a photography studio on your PS4 where the pictures get a least 10 likes each on GT Planet (Plus the obligatory like from TheNuvolari). They can buy a canvas print of one of your car pictures for just £30 if they like.

4 Work? No, sorry you have lost me there again. That sounds like something my Dad would get up too though.

5 You don’t have to do anything. Your chat mods tell people to keep it clean and on topic.

Question 6

The lord and master himself, Kaz, has announced there will be a new track in the next update. What do you hope for?

1 I’m not too worried as long as it’s a new location. I wouldn’t mind a fictional one, new or old. PD is great at fictional tracks.

2 Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa, Spa.

3 It has to Spa. However if they don’t add some iconic scape locations I will be very upset.

4 If its not Grand Valley, Deep Forest or Trial Mountain, some people are going to die.

5 Kaz told me what it was when we were in Monaco but I’m sworn to secrecy. He has a very lose tongue when giving massages.

And your Scores? What do they tell you about your GT habits.

6 Points: You are barely more than a casual gamer. GT isn’t the game for you. Please stick to The Crew or Drive Club. Your gaming attitude is as confused as OnRush. You make me sick.

12 Points: You live and breathe sim racing, you were born with racing gloves on and your Fanatec has become a part of your body. The only thing that matters is the win and a top 10 ten quali time. You live your life one race at a time. You only use META cars and take no prisoners on the track. Everything else in your life has vanished to a small dot in your rear view mirror (you don’t use roof cam). Everyone wants to be as fast as you.

18 Points: Let’s face it, you are basically a professional photographer aren’t you. Your scapes’ pictures bring a tear to your eye and your liveries are better than the originals. Once your genius is recognised outside of GT Sport, the photographer job invitation from Evo Magazine is just an email away.

24 points The New direction for GT Sport is an abomination to you. Where are all the 1000’s of low pixel count cars? Where is the endless grind to buy cars you won’t use? Where are my paint chips? Er hello, where are the old tracks I have already done 72,000 laps on? If PD doesn’t do everything you ask for, they are insulting your very being. You are an old school GT player and nothing is going to change that. You only play GT Sport because you have no other disks for the PS4 and you used all your pocket money to buy the Collectors Edition.

30 Points You are Jimmy Broadbent!

So how was that? Did you find your inner GT self buried within the questions and answers? I would love your feedback before I publish!

Last edited:
6 points. Should really be 5. Q4, I don't practice, just get in and race, let the chips fall where they may.
I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm a GT noob.
I need more points. SPA! , SPA!, SPA.... and 4K flames. (sorry, looks to have been done already). Then Spa, damn it!

13 points, and the 12 point description does sound a lot like me (although I do use roof cam). I have to commend you for putting together an excellent quiz. :D :bowdown:

1 5 4 1 3 4 = 18 points.

I took this questionnaire far too seriously :crazy: :embarrassed:

Though I'm closer to a "24" in reality, hence I've started saving up for the 20m credit cars, having tried to fight it and failed... plus I want that Honda Fit DLC now!

PS how long till the opening post gets a like from @TheNuvolari :lol:

1 5 4 1 3 4 = 18 points.

I took this questionnaire far too seriously :crazy: :embarrassed:

Though I'm closer to a "24" in reality, hence I've started saving up for the 20m credit cars, having tried to fight it and failed... plus I want that Honda Fit DLC now!

PS how long till the opening post gets a like from @TheNuvolari :lol:
Nah I don't have time to read long posts in English but thanks for the mention. :lol:👍

I LIKE EVERYONE

6 points.

However
Q1, I spam the x button without looking, don't care, have all the cars, I'll delete the duplicates when I need money.
Q2, 1 of course, not that it ever happens like that.
Q3, Just thinking of how long it takes to update GT5, nope, never going back, deleted when I switched to GT6. (2)
Q4, FIA, that has a qualifying round, skip.
Q5, I work at home, conversations are purely in my mind, skip.
Q6, I hope for a quick download that doesn't break the game any further. (spa of course)

12 - what a bummer. I thought I was better than that. Q2 threw me though as there was no option for 'slide back in your Playseat and let the cuckoo see the clock'

Back