• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 15 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
I've left it as long as possible but in Zolon's continued absence I thought I'd better organise something for racing on Mondays.

The interest in PC2 has been waning recently with reduced head counts on Mondays, and this is understandable because it's a fairly old game now and we've just about exhausted all the car and track possibilities, so this might be the last organised series I run in PC2. :(
We'll see how it goes and how everyone feels. And also there's the possibility of using a different game, although the choice is limited.

But anyway here's the...
18ad7831ed223-screenshotUrl.jpg

There'll be 3 races per evening, two in the 190 and one in the 300

Race 1 (190)
10 minutes qualification (for latecomers and connection problems)
15 minute race

Race 2 (190)
15 minute race - with random grid

Race 3 (300)
5 minute qualification
20 minute race

The usual options and rules we've been using recently will apply.

Changing Weather - not sure. Maybe with the 300 since you don't have to change its tyres.

The track list is a bit open and not in any particular order at the moment due to not knowing how long to run the series for - driver numbers etc. Here's my short(ish) list of some of my favourites from the past series. It needs narrowing down somewhat so watch this space! Suggestions welcome.

Brno
(I'll pencil this in as the 1st event)

Imola
Laguna Seca
Sugo
Zolder
Brands
Dubai
Mugello
Nurbergring
Oulton
Sakitto

Watkins Glen

Last edited:
Both cars are very interesting Paul.
Agree on the dwindling jumbers issue, for that I have one suggestion. Barring the use of AI cars, the option I use in my endurance events (where human turnout is always slim), I think we could keep on using open lobbies as the last two weeks. Good racing attracts people and I know for myself how many times I wondered through open lobbies just for a bit of fun. Sure the ocasional moron appear but I guess kids aren't playing PCars2 anymore so it's not as big of a deal as if this was a new game papa just offered his spoiled child :D

Edit - I'd add Portimao and Bannochbrae to that list 😉

Last edited:
I have considered, and occasionally used, AI cars in the past. They get a bit of a mixed response though. I think they work quite well in the fun type races where their numbers can add extra competition, but they can at times introduce problems in the more serious events where people are concentrating. It's a great shame there's not an option to automatically populate the field with AI when there's less real drivers, and then remove them as more people enter. I somehow don't think that's going to be added anytime soon. 😀

Yes open lobbies could well be an option. We'll see how this series goes first and then maybe try them out again if it is sort of fading away. Recently we've been using them and there hasn't really been too many problems with the abilities of those entering. There's been some very good racers actually. As you say those still using PC2 are probably the diehards who've been around a while.

Portimao - hmm maybe. I love the elevation changes but it can prove tricky for some.
Bannochwhatsit - Another great track but it's length can make the field stretch out, which is a problem with lower numbers.

Last edited:
I am away so won't join you tomorrow evening, but share the results and I'll do the leaderboard.

...but share the results and I'll do the leaderboard.
The reason I haven't posted anything up is because there was only 6 of us, which might have just been okay for a mid season race, but wasn't really that good for the initial event.

We'll see how it goes this week, there might be a few more. If not I'll run an open lobby again to hopefully attract some others to race against. The general quality of random drivers has been pretty good lately, I'm sure it's just the diehard PC2-ers left.

And still no Zolon! 🤔

Zolon may be back this evening, or he might not, but we'll do a few short races again today anyway. Not quite worth starting any series until it's more settled.

Pick your favourite car (or one you'd like to try) and pick a track and we'll run a couple of races with them.

Just to say it was nice yesterday having most of the gang back together (still sourly missing half though).

Fun races, pity I was so off the pace at Road America, what a disaster that was! :crazy: Pulled off an unexpected win at Bathurst (courtesy of xero's misguided scruples about an offroad excursion that was clearly unintended) and messed it up again completely at Zuhai! Texas was ... hum ... Texas, what happened there remains there, lol.

Nice cars btw, the whole lot of them, even that Whatswrong AndreAgassian or whatever that's called!

Meanwhile ... I am considering a Championship with longer (but not too long, no more than 1 hour) races, something with classic cars in classic tracks. Will not happen in the 8 PM monday schedule (leaving that one to Paul and Zolon) but I'd like to know if there is interest for this considering these basic specs:

1. Classic cars (think 50's to 80's ), gladly accept suggestions

2. Classic tracks (Monza Classic, Le Mans Classic, Hockenheim Classic, Spa Classic, Silverstone Classic are from the top of my head what we have but other old tracks not too modernized (Willow Springs, Road America) can also be considered

3. 60 minutes starting at dawn (light fog to create an "ambiance", but dry track) and ending in day time.

4. Dry track always (raeggae made me promise that, he doesnt have a problem with wet conditions, but his moronic pit crew never gets it right and ruins his races in changing conditions :D )

5. No setups allowed

6. AI cars fill the grid and they will be competitive, but ...

7. No damage (or "visual-only")

Accepting whatever suggestions you guys may have, including day of week to do this (or weekend). And of course if any of the non-regulars lurk here and have interest just know that everyone's welcome, this is not and never was a closed group.

Will not happen in the 8 PM monday schedule
Well it could do if everyone fancies a bit of a change of format. It'd make sense since we're all together at that time. And it'd give me and Zo a break. 🙂

With 1½ hours to fill you could have one longer race (as intended) and also have time for a shorter event as well - perhaps as a warm up.

Might be worth asking everyone.

Unfortunately I can't host this evening, hospital visiting, so perhaps someone else could open a lobby instead?

I might be back in time to join in later so may see you then.

What with things going on I'd forgotten we haven't finished off the previous touring cars series properly (at Silverstone). Now there's a few more of us back we must do so. Perhaps next week.

Back