Big news on GhostHunters(Grant or Jason leaving?)

United States
Tennessee,USA
StarFirebird
starfirebird
Ghosthunters

This news that is coming up on GhostHunters has me stumped.Steve is crying in the video so it has to be pretty significant.

Here are some of my thoughts on the matter.

1.Grant is leaving. This is my first choice.Grant hasn't been looking so good these past two years.He could be pretty sick and will have to leave the show.

2.Jason is leaving. With some of the troubles that Jason has had in the past with his wife not too keen on him being away all the time could be another reason.His Girls are at that age where he needs to be there.Plus he has that haunted hotel near his home he could upkeep and work at.Maybe he just wants to do that instead.

3.Tango is getting booted. This one i'm not so sure about.I know Steve and him are pretty close so it would be understandable to see him crying if something like this were to happen.

4. Show getting canceled. I hope this isn't this case,but after 10 years it might be the most likely.All good shows can't run forever so this could happen.

At the moment i have no more ideas as to what could happen.I've been watching this show for 10 years and it has grown on me.I would hate to see the show get canned or one of the main members leave.We will find out the big news this Wednesday.

If anyone would like to chime in on this thread(fans or those who watch occasionally)please feel free to do so.I'm curious to see if anyone else has any ideas as to what could happen.

I'm sorry you feel that way about a good show.GhostHunters is one of the best shows on the network.GhostHunters has a pretty big fanbase as well.

Ok now going back to the topic at hand.I got to looking at the Video again(studying it like ghost footage) and i can 100% say that Jason is leaving.

When Jason and Grant are standing on the porch Jason says "it is what it is".Grant looks shocked and says "That's crazy!".

I know it's just a few words and split-seconds of footage,but this is what i think now.Jason will be the one to leave GhostHunters.

If this is the case maybe they can get Rob Demerest back.I always thought he was the best one on GHI,so i wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Cool, another lame show off SyFy. Make way for things that are actually fun to watch.

I'm sorry you feel that way about a good show.GhostHunters is one of the best shows on the network.GhostHunters has a pretty big fanbase as well.

^^^ That. Their ratings right now are the highest they have ever been. I love the show, so whatever the announcement is I have a feeling I'm not going to like it. I have Jason on my facebook friends list and he's been posting about the show, etc. Even posted a photo of him and Grant together a couple days ago.

Weird.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/#!/Jchawes/status/163825977049354240

Last edited:
It's a shame. I actually enjoyed the show since what, 2006 I started watch it but unfortunately it's on the TV less and less from 2009. From then I never get the chance to watch it anymore and now this news, it's a bit heartbreaking. Good things must come to an end, I remember those guys like they're on the back of my palm. Now I just hope the series is not really cancelled...

I don't think the series is being cancelled, considering how their rating are the highest they have ever been. I think someone is leaving or something happened to one of the members.

Jason and Grant are the owners of TAPS. So, even if Jason doesn't go on the road, he'll still be a part of the show...at least every once and a while. But to me, it almost seems as if someone died.

I got to rethinking again today at work and i think it could be Steve leaving?Since SyFy wants them to do more investigations which require air travel,I think Steve maybe the one to get the boot.

He's always had that fear of flying and i think it hurts them just a little when he's not there to help in the tech department.I'm probably wrong about this,but this was just another thought that popped in my head.

Someone mentioned a death?I just checked the GHI team and everyone is still there cast wise,so i know it's not one of them if that's the case.I hope no one passed away,that would be awful.

Someone mentioned a death?I just checked the GHI team and everyone is still there cast wise,so i know it's not one of them if that's the case.I hope no one passed away,that would be awful.

Someone on facebook mentioned that the only possible death could have been Tango's dad, since he has been on the show before a couple times.

Steve getting the boot seems like a logical explanation as well.

Someone on facebook mentioned that the only possible death could have been Tango's dad, since he has been on the show before a couple times.

Steve getting the boot seems like a logical explanation as well.

I hope not.Tango's dad seemed to be a really nice guy.It would be very sad to hear his passing,if that is what has happened.

I think Grant is leaving. This will be my last post in here until after the show tonight. It won't be on until 10pm my time.

Crap man.This stinks.

I've still got a knot in my gut from all of this.

Well for those of you who don't know Grant is leaving.I think the reason he has left is because of his family.He hasn't been wearing his ring on the past few episodes which leads me to believe him and his wife have seperated.

I don't blame him for leaving if that's the case.Family comes first so in order to get his family back together(my observation) it's best to just leave the show while you can still mend things back together.

It's sad to see him go.I've been watching Ghosthunters since it first came on so it feels if though a friend is moving away and will never be back.In my opinion this show will never be the same.It's been a good 8 years Grant and watching him and Jason is what got me to start talking about some of the investigations i do occasionally.I hope everything goes well for him in the future.

Well now that there is an opening,which I'm not sure if they will fill or not,but here is who i think they should get back.

Rob Demerest

I always thought he was a good investigator and it would be good to see him back again.

Well guys it's going to be interesting when they start back in April.2 more episodes(i think) left with Grant.

From the dead, the GhostHunters thread arises!!

Now back in production for lucky 13th season.

This article is about the American television series. For the British Discovery Channel series, see Ghosthunters (TV series).
Ghost Hunters

Title card used in seasons 5 and 6 of Ghost Hunters, depicting Race Rock Light, which was investigated during season 1.
Genre Paranormal
Reality television
Documentary
Starring Jason Hawes (2004-16)
Grant Wilson (2004-12; 2019-present)
Steve Gonsalves (2004-16)
Dave Tango (2005-16)
Amy Bruni (2008-14)
others
Narrated by Mike Rowe (2004-16)
Andy Geller (2006-07)
Jim Pratt (2011)
Jason Hawes (2012-16)
Grant Wilson (2019-present)
Composer(s) Vanacore Music
Country of origin United States
Original language(s) English
No. of seasons 13
No. of episodes 243 (+ 12 specials not included) (list of episodes)
Production
Executive producer(s)
Craig Piligian
Tom Thayer
Mike Nichols
Alan David
Rob Katz
Production location(s)
  • United States
  • Canada
  • United Kingdom (2007)
  • Ireland (2007)
chris,branon,duggie,and two more are the main investigators
Running time 46 minutes
Production company(s) Pilgrim Films & Television
Distributor NBC Universal
Release
Original network
SciFi Channel (2004-2009)
Syfy (2009-2016)
A&E (2019–present)
FYI (reruns; 2019–present)
Picture format 480i (SDTV) (2004–09)
1080i (HDTV) (2009–present)
Original release October 6, 2004 –
present
Chronology
Followed by

• Ghost Hunters International(2008–2012)
  • Ghost Hunters Academy (2009–2010)
Related shows
  • Ghost Nation
  • Kindred Spirits
  • Destination Truth
  • Ghost Mine
  • Paranormal Lockdown
  • Expedition Unknown
  • Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files
External links
Website
Production website
Ghost Hunters is an American paranormal and documentary reality television series. The original series aired from October 6, 2004 until October 26, 2016 on Syfy. The original program spanned eleven seasons with 230 episodes, not including 10 specials. The series was revived in early 2019 and aired its twelfth season of 11 episodes, not including 2 specials, from August 21, 2019 to October 30, 2019 on A&E. A thirteenth season premiered on April 8, 2020.

The program featured Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, who founded The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) team of paranormal investigators to investigate places that are reported to be haunted. The two worked as plumbers for Roto-Rooter while moonlighting as paranormal investigators at night. As of the twelfth season, the revived show features Grant and a new investigatory team that has no discernible connection to TAPS, although the series still maintains the same format and producers and frequently references past episodes.

The series, initially produced for 10 episodes as a docu-soap, had later episodes shift to a more documentary focus. Ghost Hunters episodes feature the team going to reportedly haunted locations across the United States, with some investigations in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and Canada in earlier seasons. The latter concept led to the show's first spin-off, Ghost Hunters International in 2008, which often featured Ghost Hunters investigators in lead and guest roles, including Hawes and Wilson. A second spin-off, Ghost Hunters Academy (2009–10), had TAPS members Dave Tango and Steve Gonsalves training prospective investigators in a competitive format. Additionally, annual Halloween specials were broadcast live from 2005 to 2011 and featured celebrity guests and interactivity.

The series popularized paranormal reality television and ghost hunting and some members of the show have moved on to feature in their own television programs.

Evidently ghost hunting is a viable cottage industry of sorts. I've owned a patented Parker Brothers Ouija board since I was 14. I always store the planchette as far away from the board as possible. :nervous:

https://www.dailygrail.com/2020/06/ghost-boxes-and-psycho-phones/

Back