Big TEST DRIVE cars in FM4, for Fanatec GT2. (Incredible physics, incr

Hi guys. I want to talk about his unusual experience.I enjoy fm4, and I admire that driving feel and driving experience that gives this game.

The fact that each of the 700 vehicles has its own individual characteristics driving. And it is in different games, but in forza4 unlike other racing games are not just superficial, formal differences, it is very deep, intelligent features of the behavior of each car, the subtle nuances and quality.

I understand that 90% of players will not even notice it, playing fm4. And it's very sad, because I am feeling that turn10 huge work modeling behavior of each car. And the behavior of each car in the game is so similar to the real cars of this brand and model it is incredibly surprising and fascinating.

So I decided to test every car on the steering wheel, Fanatec GT2 and record impressions of each car. And also stand as subjectively assess controllability of each car. on 10-point scaleThis is a big, long job, but a very interesting and enjoyable.I've already tested some 400 cars and each make a video, and I do text.Unfortunately this is in Russian, but with an automatic translator you may be able to understand the text and the main ideas.

I hope I do not break the forum rules if you give a link to my test http://www.autowp.ru/forums/topic/topic/topic_id/2746/page/2

The text of many of untranslatable words and concepts, so if you can not understand, I can explain more simply.

Forza4 is the best at the moment simulator road cars. Let Physics slightly behind such games as Iracing, but fm4 incredible detail to convey the character of cars, it is 100% equal to reality.

And to know the character of the car - this is a very interesting and enjoyable.I do it on Nordschleife and I learn a lot about each car information, his behaviors, his strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly I feel a soul in the car.The way it was designed in real life, for example give the BMW driving pleasure

thanks to the game I know that Audi - a car for people over 45 years, Mercedes goes solid, but not very sporting. Since the late 2000s, AMG changed the concept, and if the old C32 AMG is managed as a solid car like Audi, the new E63 AMG C63 AMG is very close to the BMW M3 and M5. Angry and sports.

I know that the E39 M5-a heady and British driver has a soul.M5 E60 - angry, very race, but dry and not emotional, as Nissan GT-R. M5 F10 - A comfortable and quiet.Or like that Lexus LFA fast but stingy with emotions, it is too correct and boring without blemish

Thanks fm4 I know that Lancia Delta Integrale Evo rides like a ship, her soft suspension and a complex, dangerous behavior. I can tell you about any car, and amazes me, is that when I open the automotive press it says the same thing that I am feeling in the game!

I finally killed, the case with BMW M3 E30.Everyone knows that it is cool, everyone thinks it's cool handling. But when I tested it, I was disappointed, she rides boring, strictly, and colorless. After all, she is a legend!And I thought that turn10 wrong with modeling behavior m3 E30.But I was terribly surprised to read in a couple of months, a report of the journalist, the great test drive at the Nurburgring in celebration of M gmbh. It tested the BMW M and the journalist was also surprised and disappointed that the M3 E30 in reality goes too uninteresting and boring.

A year ago, I did not have a steering wheel and I did a test drive on the joystick, and the results were good, but with the steering wheel you get 60% more information about the car.As well as some of the cars on the steering wheel feelings differently, and some got a good grade on the joystick, but bad on the steering wheel.

Forza 4 is excellent!

p1UESB_rcng.jpg

I finally killed, the case with BMW M3 E30.Everyone knows that it is cool, everyone thinks it's cool handling. But when I tested it, I was disappointed, she rides boring, strictly, and colorless. After all, she is a legend!And I thought that turn10 wrong with modeling behavior m3 E30.But I was terribly surprised to read in a couple of months, a report of the journalist, the great test drive at the Nurburgring in celebration of M gmbh. It tested the BMW M and the journalist was also surprised and disappointed that the M3 E30 in reality goes too uninteresting and boring.

Forza 4 is excellent!

p1UESB_rcng.jpg

Hello, I am amazed with your work and dedication in test driving almost every car in FM4. I just could not look past your comments on the E30 however. The E30 is considered one of, if not the best drivers car ever made. Its steering, balance, driver involvement, precision, are all praised by car journalists everywhere, or at least from every single one Iv'e read or heard from. Everyone has their opinion, but I can't agree that T10 made the E30 boring and lifeless in game, because I feel that they haven't. That car is a blast to drive!

Wow, great thread OP!

I quite humbly tip my hat before you, and commend you on the painstaking task you've accomplished.

This is the VERY reason I keep going back to FM4 again and AGAIN. Over a year after release, it is still the most played game in my collection. And one of the reasons it has me hooked is because of the way T10 has managed to capture the distinct personality and characteristics/attributes of each car.

I ask any casual gamer or a hardcore sim nut to go online, do a little research or even watch test videos of these cars, and see what the test drivers or car reviewers have to say. FM4's versions seem to replicate almost all the attributes of the real life versions.

For instance: the handling on a Skyline GT-R is as beautiful and stable at low and high speeds, as you would expect IRL. The AMG Benzes exhibit understeer at times, and a handful of oversteer, if you like to get aggressive with the throttle. The F40 for instance, exhibits just about every handling characteristic the real life version would.

These are just my thoughts and opinions, based on the past 2 decades that I've spent getting to know driving sims on more than one platforms. No other sim has captured my heart or awed my senses the way FM4 has. It is truly a gem.

Gosh, if I'm feeling low on occasions, I'd pop it in.. and the sound of my fav car revving and tearing up the walls in my room... is just a pure mix of adrenaline, testosterone and other driving-induced emotions!

I've been itching to get a wheel, but for one thing I'd have to sacrifice space in my room as it isn't very big. I'm not willing to move my entertainment rig, and with a wheel, I know for sure I'd be wasting a good couple of hours on it each and every day. Even on a controller, once you really start to feel the car, EVERY single one has distinct attributes, which at times make them predictable, because you've gotten to spend time getting to know it. Or not so predictable, which makes for some very interesting driving!

Couple that with real life engine sounds and in depth physics with "consequences"... and you've got a driving experience on a console, unlike any other!

Grateful for being able to own an X360 console and FM4. Count thy blessings mateys!

Hello, I am amazed with your work and dedication in test driving almost every car in FM4. I just could not look past your comments on the E30 however. The E30 is considered one of, if not the best drivers car ever made. Its steering, balance, driver involvement, precision, are all praised by car journalists everywhere, or at least from every single one Iv'e read or heard from. Everyone has their opinion, but I can't agree that T10 made the E30 boring and lifeless in game, because I feel that they haven't. That car is a blast to drive!

Hmm, well, maybe BMW has one museum, M3 E30, which has a problem, and that is issued to journalists test drives?This is not the first journalist who tested m3 BMW E30 from the museum, and says that it is boring.Incidentally the same journalist said that M3 E30 boring, but the E30 M3 Sport Evolution - gorgeous and in his opinion this is the best of all time BMW delightful handling
http://www.drive.ru/drive-test/bmw/50aff432b72142e60700006b.html

I'm curious now. Maybe someone can describe that feeling 90% of us don't get. Is it factual? or it's just an opinion.

Wow, great thread OP!

I quite humbly tip my hat before you, and commend you on the painstaking task you've accomplished.

This is the VERY reason I keep going back to FM4 again and AGAIN. Over a year after release, it is still the most played game in my collection. And one of the reasons it has me hooked is because of the way T10 has managed to capture the distinct personality and characteristics/attributes of each car.

I ask any casual gamer or a hardcore sim nut to go online, do a little research or even watch test videos of these cars, and see what the test drivers or car reviewers have to say. FM4's versions seem to replicate almost all the attributes of the real life versions.

For instance: the handling on a Skyline GT-R is as beautiful and stable at low and high speeds, as you would expect IRL. The AMG Benzes exhibit understeer at times, and a handful of oversteer, if you like to get aggressive with the throttle. The F40 for instance, exhibits just about every handling characteristic the real life version would.

These are just my thoughts and opinions, based on the past 2 decades that I've spent getting to know driving sims on more than one platforms. No other sim has captured my heart or awed my senses the way FM4 has. It is truly a gem.

Gosh, if I'm feeling low on occasions, I'd pop it in.. and the sound of my fav car revving and tearing up the walls in my room... is just a pure mix of adrenaline, testosterone and other driving-induced emotions!

I've been itching to get a wheel, but for one thing I'd have to sacrifice space in my room as it isn't very big. I'm not willing to move my entertainment rig, and with a wheel, I know for sure I'd be wasting a good couple of hours on it each and every day. Even on a controller, once you really start to feel the car, EVERY single one has distinct attributes, which at times make them predictable, because you've gotten to spend time getting to know it. Or not so predictable, which makes for some very interesting driving!

Couple that with real life engine sounds and in depth physics with "consequences"... and you've got a driving experience on a console, unlike any other!

Grateful for being able to own an X360 console and FM4. Count thy blessings mateys!

Thank you. I myself enjoy the process of exploring the car with character, there is a lot of surprises, sometimes I would like to write not just a test, and lyrics)) So some cars inspired by their behavior.

This test had a lot of interesting things, and it's still in process. For example, I felt that the handling Alfa Romeo Brera is very "feminine and sexy" (though I admit, that in real life she is going a little differentlyif to trust tests in magazines)

You can tell a lot of good. And it will be a long time. But more interesting to start to talk about that did not like or that it was unusual.For example I was surprised that the 1970 Corvette ZR-1 is going so damn good. As a modern sports car. Well that is true of the 1961 E-type S1 it excessively obedient, I find it hard to believe that this oldtimer.

I am concerned as to fm4 drive hot hatchbacks, such as Focus RS or the Mazda 3 MPS. This is a very strong understeer and intteresnoe behavior, but I know that in real life all the praise handling Focus RS. Intergenerational Civic Type-R, also go very boring and not interesting. And I might say that in fm4 poorly transferred nuances of behavior FWD sports car.

If I did not know how incredibly cool ride such vehicles as the 2005 Neon SRT4 ACR 1994 Civic 1.5 VTi Mini Coopers, some Integra, is very angry, and adrenaline sports cars. Neon Recalls BMW!

At the same time, some of the cars I was apprehensive. Honda S2000 is not going fun, a lot of Ferrari, 360, 430, 458, 599 is a dangerous ride on Nordschleife, poorly controlled, too freely behaving. Go into a mid-long skid and barely stabilize nerve cars. I do not think that the real Ferrari go just as bad. I was particularly surprised by Ferrari FF, the joystick is going well, but the steering wheel turns into uncontrollable monster. Four-wheel drive just goes crazy.Of course in real life, few disconnects ESP TSC a Ferrari, but I do not believe that FF is going so terribly in reality

Although I noticed that on the road, the same car is perceived differently. For example 599 was difficult and dangerous to drive on Nordschleife, because the suspension is too soft, the car extensively to "walk" along the road from the curb to curb.but on Fujimi Kaido in the mountains, this car seems to be very well controlled, there may be some Ferrari made ​​under a mountain road.Also do not forget that in real life, each car has dozens of settings, sport, comfort, snow, etc.Still I was a little disappointed behavior Lancer Evolution 6,8,9. On the joystick these cars are perceived more classy, ​​but they are on the steering wheel a little boring, perhaps they need a winding route, as the road for rally

I'm curious now. Maybe someone can describe that feeling 90% of us don't get. Is it factual? or it's just an opinion.

For this to feel a, you need to be ready for it. Of course one can say how such different behavior f430, from the M5 E60 in the game. This can feel a even online race. But in the race you will feel only a small part of the whole. And then, provided that the vehicle has not been modified by you.

For example as I do: I take the car out of the garage quick race (stock) and go circle on Nordschleife. I do not try to go to the limit, it is not necessary. I'm going fast, but do not strain. And I try to attentively look into the behavior of the car, at first it's just his way of cornering due to the anatomy, the particular car.

Then I start to learn more, I am feeling is not just behavior, and character. (if the vehicle is present) Some vehicles may chustvovat soul can chustvovat for whom the car is made. For example Eclipse GT clearly made ​​for young people from the U.S., Lexus GS rides like a car businessman Many BMW sports go, but such behavior Z8 is more like a British car.

A Ford RS500 am feeling like a car to rally genetics, he loves drifts.Aston Martin, Jaguar, Bentley and even a range rover have branded the British character, they are imposing, noble, pleasant, and they are very good and sporty ride. Even supercar McLaren F1 has a British charm. But the MP4-12C is going as a German car.A SLR similar to the behavior of Britain

For this to feel a - you need experience compared to other cars, the desire to do it, the enthusiasm and flair.

But this is only half a trial, not a race. In a race that matters is the maximum speed of the vehicle maximum obedience. And all the other nuances are removed, and are considered disabilities that hinder put the lap record. In the race, you have no time to delve into the behavior of the car in the race you are struggling to track and rivals of the car you just want reliability. Therefore, during the test does not need the fuss and high speed. Test - this is a meditative exercise, like fishing or a walk in the woods))

And fm4 also have cars with no soul, but not many. A striking example: BMW M3 e92, it travels in accordance with the specifications, but no soul.M3 E30 strict and boring, M3 E36 gorgeous, light and floating like a butterfly. E36 - my favorite car in fm4. controlled almost the power of thought and brings great pleasureE46 is the same as the E36, but there is a little less easy, and there are feelings for the bourgeois and luxury.But E92 - "no." It is like a blank space, Protso because the developers forgot to add the soul of M3. I think it's a bug. In fm4 no more such empty vehicles, even the most boring Toyota Yaris has a soul.

There are funny things in the test. For example a car on the joystick and the steering wheel, sometimes quite differently.For example when I tested the joystick, Dodge Stealth R / T Turbo seemed awkward, non-sports, lax car.And his brother, Mitsubishi GTO, I felt like a beautiful sports car, nice and crisp.But when I tested it on the steering wheel, everything changed on the contrary, Dodge - a good sports car, a Mitsubishi awkward and prefer comfort

I want to share some thoughts about your "test drive". Some people say that the AI is too weak in FM4 and no challenge at all. Well this weekend I made a little test. I tried to duplicate the lap times done by real humans at the MOTOR TREND drivers car of the year 2012-event (race driver: Randy Pobst).

So I started a 10-lap online race at Laguna Seca and put almost all cars (I dont have the DLC with the AMG C63 Black Series and of course the new Porsche 911 is not in the game) with AI drivers on the road. The AI difficulty was set to professional. Then I did race them and when finished I compared the best lap times of the AI with the lap times from Randy Pobst. I also choose the 2 cars from the last Corvette vs. Viper session.

You can find the official laptimes and results here:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1208_2012_motor_trend_best_drivers_car/viewall.html
And of course you can find the test and hot laps on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfugbEIlk4

Here are the times (the first is the MOTOR TREND, the second the FM4 AI):

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4: 1:35,4 - 1:34,4
Jaguar XKR-S: 1:42,9 - 1:41,6
Ford Shelby GT500: 1:38,7 - 1:45,6
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: 1:39,2 - 1:41,0
McLaren MP4-12C: 1:34,5 - 1.35,3
Subaru BRZ: 1:51,3 - 1:51,3 (Scion FR-S)
Nissan GT-R Black Edition: 1:36,3 - 1:37,7 (V-Spec)

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1: 1:33,7 - 1:37,7
Viper GTS '13: 1:35,7 - 1:37,3

The results were surprising to me - very close to the real thing. The only time that I couldnt match myself was the ZR1-time. But in the video they did mention that the Vette was on Cup-tires. Anyway 1:33 on Laguna Seca was a job well done.

Here is the Vette vs. Viper show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExgJxgNSWtk

So I think this proves one more time that Turn 10 has done a great job with Forza 4.

By the way 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 in the game goes very frustrating as the heavy truck. Maybe lap time shows that in reality it is not so terrible.

I found out that the Forza 4 shelby GT 500 has only 540 HP while the version tested by Motor Trend had 662 HP. Not a big surprise that the lap time in Forza 4 was so much slower :ouch:

206041_6_488664663.jpg

Abarth Fiat 131 rally car simple obedient, my score 7.5 out of 10

Abarth Fiat 500 esseesse - one of the most difficult cars in the game. The rectilinear motion is no problem, but in the corners is a strong drift, which is almost impossible to catch. Drift occurs during braking when the accelerator is released, it is very difficult, is not always helpful, even stabilization system. Sometimes the car can destabilize the slightest movement of the steering wheel in a turn.
Italian Inquisition)

490312_1118769043.jpg

Acura RSX type-S 2002, 7 out of 10 - a car with civilian handling, is sporty, but very moderate and politically correct, boring drive. The car has no soul, it's just a vehicle, not a source of pleasure

Acura TSX V6 2010 - 2010 Acura TSX V6 - good family and business sedan, a rare type of car in fm4. The behavior of the bourgeois and is available to any driver, the behavior in dangerous situations as safe-understeer his is not a sports car, but it's nice

Acura Integra Type-R 2001 car rides well, but why do not drive, and pleasure.

1997 Acura NSX - a car perfectly control , goes well. But gives an atmosphere of peace and quiet, even on 200kmch. No drive, stress, and a hard sport. In NSX feel at a reception at the psychoanalyst. Interesting car.

2005 Acura NSX car the other, appeared drifts, nervousness, lost confidence in the car, although this is not critical.

Incidentally counterparts Acura of Honda ride differently. Honda Integra Type-R 2000 - 100% is a real sports car! angry, militant, aggressive. This neutral-steer, understeer is almost absent, there are drifts. This is a cool car! 9 out of 10!
Honda NSX-R 1992 is the perfect car for racing, sharp as karting. but lacks emotion
Honda NSX-R 2005 - the car is a good compromise between sport and luxury comfort. Interesting car, absolute control, but there is no tension, anxiety and fatigue. No subjective experience of sportiness. Behavior resembles the sport sedan, not a supercar

116056_6_1554113796.jpg

1965 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint GTA Stradale-boring car

Alfa Romeo MiTo 7.5 out of 10 - the car is the brother of Fiat 500, and also has a strong tendency to drift, but not as strong as the Abarth 500. Abarth puts rare but in the fast corners, and Alfa Romeo does this often, but not much.Pretty venturesome car, trumpet skills taxiing.

2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia independent 8 out of 10 car's behavior in the game is not quite equal to the actual reviews of journalists. But the Brera is a fantastic car. This car am feeling deep femininity and eroticism. Brera is full of dignity is gently turns smoothly and beautifully as a cat, a four-wheel glides she acts well too. Good effort on the steering wheelAnd Brera not for racing, it's for a quick ride but not extreme, if you drive like an idiot, and throw it in the bank it does not lose face, but its charm is lost.Car. who want to admire and respect. It is possible to fall in love!

Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione My rating 6 out of 10The car excessively sharp wheel and increased nervousness in behavior, but it's not that bad, although once it is clear that the vehicle is designed only for racing, but on the track he does his job is acceptable.While ass heavy, a tall center of gravity, there is understeerbecause of the rigid suspension car abruptly breaks into a skid, deep drifts, which are difficult to fight.* drift rapidly into the deep, a lot of productive time lost in the drifts and departures on the lawn, the car more decorative than the trackOtherwise, nothing much seen the car without the interesting things in the behavior of

1965 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint GTA Stradale-boring car

Why do you feel the car is boring?? This another one of my favorite cars in game so I am just curious. You didn't like the E30, I'm not sure but it seems like you don't like the 2001 Acura Type-R either, and those are both amazing cars. Again, you are 100% entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree.

Why do you feel the car is boring?? This another one of my favorite cars in game so I am just curious. You didn't like the E30, I'm not sure but it seems like you don't like the 2001 Acura Type-R either, and those are both amazing cars. Again, you are 100% entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree.

Well, because I have not found anything interesting in it. You can love this model(Alfa), to admire the way it looks or the sound of the engine. But on the Nordschleife, the car rides impersonal, it is a regular oldtimer with forgettable handling. no fun

Back