Big WTF in Japanese 80's Festival?

• Thread starter Odnomre
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
Dutchietown
Odnomre
I started over with GT4 a couple of days ago, wanting to play a game without selling any cars so I can't get easy money with cashcows like the CLK-GTR. So just now I was competing in the Japanese 80's festival with my Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89. I entered the Apricot Raceway event, and looking at the lineup, I noticed a big "WTF game?" moment. Take a good hard look:

Pos. 1: Toyota Celica 2000GT-R (ST162) '86
Pos. 2: Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Ver. Type S '88
Pos. 3: Toyota Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91
Pos. 4: Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited SC '86
Pos. 5: Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800 GSR IC Turbo '83
Pos. 6: Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89

1991? Since when does 1991 fall in the 80's, PD? If you're going to take it that broadly, let me use my Impreza in the 80's cup as well. :grumpy:👎

Yeah, we knew that. It's not the only series where the AI uses cars that you can't; look at some of the cars that show up in the Supercar series in the Professional hall.

I know about the Cien and ZZ-II appearing in the supercar cup. But I didn't think Kaz wasn't able to filter out a car of a completely different era.

The ST183 is part of the T180 series that originated in '89. The only other of the T180 series is the GT-FOUR (ST185), also from '91. So chances are they chose the slightly older-looking ST183 to "replace" an original '89? Seems kinda legit to me if they couldn't find an original '89 :)

Yeah, we knew that. It's not the only series where the AI uses cars that you can't; look at some of the cars that show up in the Supercar series in the Professional hall.

Which is the most frustrating series because I can't use ANY of my supercars in that (Cien, W12, Viper GTS-R)

PD would only put an '80's car in the Japanese '80's Festival if the car began production in the 1980's. As rallymorten said, the T180 generation Celica began production in 1989, therefore being an '80's car.

I can see your point, but it's still a car that's made in the 90's. It might be a T180 designed in the 80's, but the certain model that was in the 80's festival was still made in the 90's.

^Except in this case, it is not an overpowered monster, apparently...

And in US version, the AI can enter a Scion xB (the USDM version of bB) in the Japanese Compact Cup but we can't simply because the Scions are American. :grumpy:

And don't some Infiniti and/or Lexus models appear in the Japan Championship? As with Scion, the brands are labeled as American (yet Acura isn't), but the AI gets away with it. There are a few cases in GT2 too, including the Vector Mountain bug. There's the GT40 at the Historic Car Cup, and I remember a Citroen Xantia appearing in the SSR5 endurance, though like the Vector, this is only in earlier versions. And the Roadster Endurance in GT3. And is it just me, or does the Miata LS in GT3's Roadster Endurance seem to be powered up stupid high?

^Except in this case, it is not an overpowered monster, apparently...

And in US version, the AI can enter a Scion xB (the USDM version of bB) in the Japanese Compact Cup but we can't simply because the Scions are American. :grumpy:

Scion, Lexus, and Infiniti are American arms of Toyota and Nissan. I'd imagine that at least most of the parts are made from scratch in Japan, then put together in America. A bit like Bentley and Volkswagen: Volkswagen makes at least most of the parts for Bentley and then they get shipped to the UK to be put together. Same story with Volkswagen making the parts for Lamborghini and Bugatti...

Not to mention the new partnership between Fiat and Chrysler. I have seen a lot of 500s rolling around lately.

Back