• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 4 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
This is a thread devoted to you all that go on these biking tours. If you do something like the Kyle Petty Charity Ride ( http://www.kylepettycharityride.com ), if you went for a ride with some of your family members and/or friends across the city or across country, or if you just want to recommend what bikes to go on rides with... this is your thread. Feel free to chat about some of your rides. Talk about what bikes you'd recommend riding on road trips with. It can be a touring bike like the Honda Gold Wing or Yamaha FJR1300, or it can be a nice tour on a Harley-Davidson chopper. This can be about anywhere in the world as I've seen a variety of bike rides covered in media.

This thread is yours. Feel free to chat bike tours, bike rallies, and even recommended bikes to ride when going on such trips.

I know of at least two.

Thunder in the Valley is down in either Johnstown or Altoona

not 10 miles from my house is a gathering called "ABATE" for bikers, american style. complete with M rated activities!

Panama City hosts Thunder Beach twice a year (May and September), 99.99995% Harleys, but the occasional sportbike or two here and there. Usually four or five venues around the beaches. Custom builders, dealers, accessories, etc. all to be seen or had.

You have your Yamaha FJR1300, which is a very stylish touring bike. What do you like most about these bike rallies and meets?

For the rallies with venues, just the chance to see so many different things assembled in one place, most of which I'd never see in months of regular running around. Saw a Victory Vision last fall, for example. The thing is a tank!!!! Monstrous!

Back