Bill Foley - 150 Mill £ Take Over at AFC Bournemouth (Premier League) - Owns Vegas Golden Knights NHL

• Thread starter B80
  • 0 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hi all,

What with this being a global forum, thought I'f ask about Bill Foley' imminent take over at my football (soccer) team AFC Bournemouth.

Rumours are its set to complete for around 150 mill £ in the next few weeks.

Don't know much about him, but appears to have launched LV first NHL franchise a few years back. Obviously back by other corps, pumped into large amounts of money, to the point they amazingly reached the Stanley Cup final in 2017/18 (their 1st season).

Demin (our current owner) has been spot on, only made 2 pubic statements since taking over and overseeing our best ever spell (by far) in our history. Very much behind the scenes owner, and has bank-rolled us well. To potentially take us another level or so, in terms of cementing us in the top flight and spending significantly on infrastructure (terribly small stadium which we don;t even own, plus upgrading training facilities), its long been understood we need further external investment. Looks like this will happen in the form of a complete take over, rather than Demin remaining and working with a consortium.

I don;t know much about Foley, so would be interesting to hear from North American;s and their perception around him. From what I gather he appears to be a much more extrovert character, a different mould to Demin. He/his consortium were far down the line in loaning french outfit Lyon 500 mill, but has just pulled out of that, and the rumours are it's to focus, user with Bournemouth instead...

Concerns are he's here to 'asset' strip as its widely known that you don;t directly make money owning a professional football club. Apparently he's more interested in building a legacy, enjoys sport and wants his teams to be successful and accepts there will be losses, break even at very best. No doubt there's some advantages in terms of tax and writing off losses etc using various firms he's involved with. But i'm not an accountant, so no clue on that front.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back