Black JGTC CASTROL Supra

Portugal
Chesterfield
DEKOWOLF
A few years ago, one of my friends borrowed me a big stash of PSone demo discs (over 100!), some of them had saves, I found one with GT1, saved it on my memory card only to found all the licenses and races complete.

So far so good, nothing new, a bunch of cars and money with the game pretty much done for you, but then as I was going trough the garage I found a BLACK Toyota CASTROL TOM'S Supra.
The JGTC model of the Supra, the one that's in the main menu of the game also.

Back there I assumed that it should be the prize car for having all the gold licenses, but now that I have those gold licenses...I can't find anything.

The save file I had was from the Official PlayStation Magazine UK (which the demos are the same in the Portuguese edition of the magazine).

Anyone knows a thing about this?

I believe you win it for the 60 Laps of Grand Valley. I may be wrong. Haven't done it myself.

There are actually two black Supras - one with green stripes in Castrol logo, and other one with blue.

I have both on my save, but I have no goddamn idea how I got them, it was 12 years ago..

Yeah, you can get it after completing an endurance race, which I (also) believe was the 60 laps of Grand Valley. If you try and sell it, however, you'll find that it goes for a measly 12,000 Cr! Thankfully, in GT2 they fixed the problem of all the 'gift cars' being the same worth; but, unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, the black Supra didn't make a return...

The exact Castrol JGTC Supra from GT1 didn't make it into GT2, however in GT2 there was another, real black JGTC Supra. Unfortunately the only picture I can find of it is this:

3551790964_328961d230.jpg

It's an old Cerumo livery, by the way. It was one of 4 random prize cars for the GT500 championship, along with the STP Taisan Viper GT, Arta Zexel Skyline GT-R '99, and the Takata NSX GT...

EDIT: Found another picture of the livery...

32J00.jpg

I know that one, and it's part of my collection of rare cars save of GT2.
You'll find it in the name of Toyota cdma one CERUMO SUPRA JGTC '99

3550981545_097aaf0c73.jpg

A-9728L.JPG

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try that race and see what happens!

Not really the forum for this question but is the ARTA GT-R on the PAL GT2 because I have never ever seen it.

It's definitely GVS 60 laps. I've done it three times now and have 2 black and green Supra's and one back and blue.

Win Grand Valley 300km Endurance Race, so you can acquire it as other members said.
pics from NTSC-J version, basically same as PAL and NTSC-U/C.

51631623_org.v1286029555.jpg

Black Supra has axle track narrower than white, lower the drag.
in straight, slightly faster.

51631660_org.v1286029566.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome find edward! Here I was thinking they're both the same. How about the other prize cars? Do they all have the same specs as their 'normal' counterparts you buy from dealerships?

.... nothing to add.... just great. It has been a long time since the first GT... I wonder how I'm gonna play again with the old GTs whenever I might loose the saved datas.... any suggestions to buy new/old memory card readers (PC)?
great fun reading these posts on GTPLANET

^Just get it again! Run the 300KM GVS Endurance and it's yours :). Or are you saying that you've lost/broken your PS1/GT1 disc? In which case, :( indeed.

God... the Legendary Black Castrol Supra... :drool:
Sadly, I never got it... didn't do any of the Enduros in GT1 :(

^ Thing is I don't like enduros in this game. :grumpy:

Oh, and RMing the GT-R LM Road Version gives you a Kure/Zexel look-alike livery, by the way (it has something to do with the Black Supra, since both are in JGTC at that time ;))

Back