Black loading screen when first joining race

Hello everyone. Once upon a time I used to see the car rotating in the loading screen when you enter the track waiting for a race to begin. Now it’s just a black screen while the track loads. Is there a way to fix this?

Hello everyone. Once upon a time I used to see the car rotating in the loading screen when you enter the track waiting for a race to begin. Now it’s just a black screen while the track loads. Is there a way to fix this?

I suppose you've tried re-starting the game and / or the PS4?

I've not had what you had before, but what did throw me a few times was once logged in, and going out for the pre-race 1 minute practice, all the data has been there but no picture! This once led me to driving into stuff and getting 15 seconds worth of penalties before the race started! Luckily it didn't carry over to the race. :) The next time it happened I just sat there and it sorted itself out by the time the race started. Weird!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I’m only a casual player. But yes this happens when entering the weekly races. First you join and you see the Tag Huer clock, when you click to enter the track to do practice laps, the loading screen used to show the car rotating in a studio setting, then the speedometer shows right before the tracks loads up. So now I just get a black screen before the speedometer loading screen. I tried deleting the game off the console and redownloading it but this did not resolve the issue. It was nice to enjoy the rendering of the car right before you enter the track. I hope there’s a fix for this.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I’m only a casual player. But yes this happens when entering the weekly races. First you join and you see the Tag Huer clock, when you click to enter the track to do practice laps, the loading screen used to show the car rotating in a studio setting, then the speedometer shows right before the tracks loads up. So now I just get a black screen before the speedometer loading screen. I tried deleting the game off the console and redownloading it but this did not resolve the issue. It was nice to enjoy the rendering of the car right before you enter the track. I hope there’s a fix for this.

It's been that way for a couple of updates, and there's no fix for it. Though oddly enough the car still shows up like it did if you go to time trial mode.

Back