Blackout glitch...

Messages
193
Anyone have this happen?....while in the single player races, you're in the rolling start heading for the start line...the timer counts down...then, using whatever buttons you have assigned, you look behind you or to the sides and BAM...the screen goes black. All the race info stays up but everything else goes black....while you're still moving. This happens to me all the time...quite annoying.
 
I had it this weekend on a career race.
But that was just after finishing a race.
 
I get it in online races some times. But the screen always comes back before the race.
 
I was doing the 24 minute races when it was happening to my system. A complete black out. I think the video card in the PS3 was having a hard time and shut down for a moment. A couple times I ended up off track and lost time. Fortunately it didn't happen each time I raced.
 
I was doing the 24 minute races when it was happening to my system. A complete black out. I think the video card in the PS3 was having a hard time and shut down for a moment. A couple times I ended up off track and lost time. Fortunately it didn't happen each time I raced.

Nah i purely think this is a software flaw. I've gotten this when i accidentally cut a piece of track by looking backwards.

i got reset and it turned black. and every time i do that it does that.
 
It happened to me once while driving and once while spectating an online race. No one was racing I was just watching the day/night cycle on apricot hill and after 30 min or so it went black on me.
 
Back