Blacks and Whips... Uhhh Not What It Looks Like!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEATHSARTHE
  • 29 comments
  • 2,371 views
Messages
467
Messages
THE_LAST_FAOLIU
Black is a terribly predictable color. Right now, as it stands, I have about 75 different variations of black paint chips sitting in my items list and about 1/3 of my whips are black.

I go online and I see nothing but more black whips! The color is hugely prominent amongst drivers across the masses across the globe. BLACK is the color of richness, sophistication, sexiness, and nightmares all together. What a confusing trechery

I challenge you to NOT paint your cars black for a whole WEEK!!
 
What's a whip?
 
@Dennisch
It's a slang word for car.

@OP
I see what you mean - I've so many variations of black paint chips, and a lot of people have black cars. Very few of my cars are black. The only ones that are I believe to be LMS Cars that cannot be painted, or non-paintable cars.
 
Challenge accepted, can be done easily.
 
I understand where your coming from, I don't usually like common cars or colours. Though I have to say I do like some car's in black, like the hawkeye STi, over the usual blue.
 
O...kay..... The only deliberate car, excuse me....whip! have painted black, is the TVR tuscan RM, i find the colour so...dark and...emo :/
 
Only time I really use black is when I have matt black. Normal black just hides the lines of the car to me, it takes away from the look of the car. Which reminds me, I also use it on my hideous cars, like the Volvo I had to buy for that seasonal a month ago.
 
Don't think this will so easy for me. Even though I have cars in a variety of colors, black happens to be my favorite color for a car.

I bought another RX-7 LM from the OCD that was black and I like it much better than my green one.
 
I challenge you to NOT paint your cars black for a whole WEEK!!

Challenge accomplished. I have a game since the week after the release, and I painted only one of my cars black -- it was a Dodge Charger, I figured it's good enough to look like Chevrolet Impala from Supernatural.
 
"You can have it any color you like, aslong as it's black." - Henry Ford.
 
Like only one of my cars is black.



edit: bad title name don't you think?
 
Last edited:
I do agree a lot of cars you see are black, especially in drag loobies
 
Only my Ford GT '05 is black, because it came that way. And my Supra, because that ALSO came that way. The rest are-or at least close to being- Splash Green Mica.
 
I paint most of my cars yellow, it's a pretty rare color to see online that still looks good.
 
I dont really care but in the past most of mine ended up black, becuase your stuck with black aero parts or other non paintable body bits.
 
Challenge accomplished. I have a game since the week after the release, and I painted only one of my cars black -- it was a Dodge Charger, I figured it's good enough to look like Chevrolet Impala from Supernatural.



Or in fact the dodge charger from Bullit which lets be fair is far cooler ;)
 
Majority of my cars are in bright technicolor.
 
Useless thread! Nice attempt at humor with the title....Not!
 
Almost all of my cars are white (premiums, except those with a special color, like an orange 350Z) with a carbon hood. In GT4, I used to put black rims on cars that were fully tuned, that way, I knew what cars were track ready.
 
Sadly, since Standard cars are so UGLY, I paint most of them black. It hides the jaggies.
 
i hate black, I dont think ive ever painted a car black, minus the few that are matte black. I like colors that appear on a color wheel, not nuetral tones
 
"Blacks and Whips" sounded like a horrible slavery reference to me...

As for how many black cars I have... No idea. I don't think I buy many premiums (ie cars where I can choose the colour) in black, but if something comes up in the UCD that's black I'm not going to be heartbroken or be rushing off to change it.
 
I paint most of my cars bright colours.
Some I don't care about the colour(citroen 2cv)and some look best in black(zonda r)
 
Actually, black can be a pretty awesome color. Have you ever seen Nissan Ultimate Opal Black? It shifts subtly to purple when the light hits it just right.

Unfortunately it loses most of its color-shifting properties when applied to another car, as I found out when I used it to paint my 135i :banghead:
 
I only want one car in black and am yet to get Matt Black token yet. Most of my cars are green in various shades. I've got a bright green GTR vspec and Enzo. I painted my Skyline R34 pink and if I had more pink tokens i'd have everything that colour. I still think I waste my silver chrome token, used it on an RX7 which spends most of its time going sideways
 
Back