• Thread starter bellybox
  • 14 comments

bellybox

Paradise Road...
Premium
England
Leicestershire,
bellybox
Can anyone provide me with a link to a blank MP3 file which would work within GT5 as a custom soundtrack?
Thanks in advance.

To race with no music, but still hear the music when golding a license, etc.

bellybox

Why don't you just remove all tracks from the playlist? That's what I've done.

The only time I get music is in Tuning Shop, GT Auto and the car dealerships.

I had the same problem and at early days I solved it with the blank MP3 - but problem was that custom soundtracks gets "over-rided" once you go online.

Somebody just told me the same as aadi above - remove all tracks with the "R" prefix in the Soundtrack options. Voila.

no race music and *winning tunes* are working flawlessly in both online and offline.

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you can just turn down the race music on the options menu. Have you tried that before you go to all that work?

Dang, I never really thought of this. I'm all done on license tests, but the last time I heard a winning tune it was strangely satisfying.

Dang, I never really thought of this. I'm all done on license tests, but the last time I heard a winning tune it was strangely satisfying.

The *winning tunes* will also work for all races and challenges, dependable on the position won.

Always nice to find people that have respect for the traditional small details and values of GT series ;)

Thanks Amar, and thanks again for the "sound" advise. It did not take long at all to uncheck all the music tracks.
Now to try for more golds!

OK, I have this problem with my soundtrack. When I start the game and login the Menu custom soundtrack won't start. UCD and OCD, tune shop music work.
I understood from previous posts that custom music is changed when you go to a online lobby room which works with microphones (and have default music) but on another account (on the same PS3) I have no such problems - switching between game modes.
All files are .mp3, I've checked.
:nervous:

Last edited:
One file could be corrupt, unless you know which one it is (should have a weird broken thumbnail image on your XMB) then you'll just have to figure out another way...:lol:
And yes, some online lobbies - any actually that have mics enabled - wont let your custom BGM Music play. So you can only play your own sondes on a lobby that has them disabled. Check the lobby menu and it should always say on the right hand side if they're enabled in that specific room.

Back