Blitz Requiem: A race in the life of K. Nogami

Cuba
Charleston, SC
that's classified
M. Warhammerdropper: Ah, race day. Big Money on the line, and a prize for the winner as well. Alright Nogami, we need another clutch performance from you today. Our sponsors don't want to be disappointed.

All preparations just to get us into the event were barely in time, and as a result we garnered last place. Strangely, this happens all the time.

K. Nogami: Can't you at least try to get us into the race on time?

M. Warhammerdropper (Screw this, it's just M. War)

So,

M. War: Let's not go there. Please..

The parade lap began, and then the race got underway.

As usual, I start behind some godforsaken Castrol Mugen NSX, and get hindered. At Schwedenkruz, K. Nogami got into position, and at Fuchsröhre
pounced.

M. War: Remain calm. Don't get gassed.

Her next target was a Mobil 1 NSX. Hung with it, and then passed it under braking at Kesselchen. There were a few other cars that were easy prey from there to Hohe Acht. And down goes another NSX.

I was up to 10th by the time I got to Dottinger Hohe, and gained two spots under braking from two SC430 heading into the chicane, and then two more by splitting between two wrecked NSXes. At Nordkehre I assumed 4th place and by Metzgesfeld, the lead.

I instructed her to push the limits of a 12 year old car past its breaking point.

And then at Hohenrain, seeing as there was no end to the rain anytime soon, I instructed her to pit for Inters for the final lap. And then the surface water started to recede. Had I made a terrible decision?

With proverbial thunder comes lightning... in the form of a Xanavi NISMO Z on slightly used inters.

If there was ever a signal of the point of no return, it was staring us dead in the face on our telemetry screen. We had run flat out of time with a lug nut that had gotten stuck in the air wrench, and we damn near ran out of luck. It was go-time! One hot lap in a watery hell that just happened to be green. The Peloton was at Hohenrain-Schikane, and leading its charge was the dreaded Xanavi NISMO Z.

Mechanic:Talk about a House of Fire-- Look at this!!

Nogami left the pit stall with no time to spare. The Z car had just rounded the final corner and was now barreling down to Nordkehre for the final time. Her exit needed to be flawless in order to remain in front.

Upon pit exit, they were door to door. She won the advantage going into Hatzenbach, and never looked back.

All that the driver in the Z could say of the NSX was: "Drat! I thought I'd get to have a bit more fun, but I guess it's just not my day. Next time you Low-Rent Imitation Ferrari, I shall be victorious!"

After Bergwerk, she just walked to the finish line by 13 seconds.

Truly dominant.

Latest Posts

Back