BLiTZ's Livery Thread Spec II "GT7 Edition" - The Home of ECRacing

• Thread starter BLiTZ
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Selby
spooned12000rpm
BLiTZ's Livery Thread Spec II "GT7 Edition" - The Home of ECRacing

Over the last few months I've slowly been bringing my GT Sport liveries over to GT7 along with creating some all-new designs. I finally figured it was about time that I started a GT7 thread on here. If you followed my GT Sport thread then you'll know how much time and effort I put into my designs in order to achieve 1:1 realism, it's definitely a case of quality over quantity!

Moving on to GT7 has also given me a chance to organise my collection. As a result, I've divided my designs up into various series:

Masterpiece Series (ECR-MP-XX) - Highly detailed replicas of racing cars past and present.

Tuner Car Series (ECR-TC-XX) - Authentic replicas of famous tuning companies' demo cars.

Sports Car Series (ECR-SC-XX) - Here you'll find road cars including my own lightly-tuned creations.

For more images and the latest updates you can follow the ECRacing Instagram here: www.instagram.com/ed_chambers_racing/

You can find my GT7 Gallery here: tinyurl.com/ecracing

If you like what you see or add my designs to your collection then please be sure to Like, Share and Comment!

ECR-GTP-Brand-MP-01.png

ECR-MP-01
#1 Nissan ALTIA GT-R '99 (v.2)

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-01]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-01]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-01]-04.png

1999 Super N1 Taikyu Series #1 Nissan ALTIA GT-R driven by S.Kasuya / Y.Hinoi (v.2 - "Kyosho RC" Version).

For the 1999 season Shunji Kasuya's @orquetechniqueideale team was amongst those to get their hands on one of the five brand new NISMO-prepared BNR34 GT-Rs. The car ran as the "Nissan ALTIA GT-R" and donned the distinctive red livery that had graced the previous BNR32 / BCNR33 models.

Whilst the car failed to finish at the top of the table, it would still go on to feature in Gran Turismo 2 as one of the Race Modification options for the BNR34 GT-R.

When I first released this livery in GT Sport I replicated the car as it appeared in the press launch photos, however, I later updated my design to the (v.2) version you see now. Taking inspiration from Kyosho's 1/8 RC car it utilises a slightly later version of the livery applied to the standard GT-R's bodywork*. The result is that it's closer to how the car actually raced.

[*The 1999 cars initially ran factory aero, but sprouted aero kits and bigger wings as the the season progressed]

In race trim the car wore silver ALTIA N1-EX wheels, but as the team were sponsored by Desmond (with the car featuring on the cover of the company's catalogue) it could often be seen wearing a set of white Regamaster Evo wheels in test sessions. GT7's inclusion of Spoon SW388s (the Regamaster Evo's close cousin) provided a suitable choice.

The import to GT7 also allowed me to complete the livery with the addition of a windscreen banner and window decals.

GT7 Search Tags: #altia #supertaikyu #ecracing

ECR-MP-02
#12 Calsonic GT-R '93

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-02]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-02]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-02]-04.png

1993 All Japan Touring Car Championship #12 Calsonic GT-R driven by K.Hoshino / T.Suzuki*.

This is one of those cars that needs no introduction. Dominating the JTC in 1990 and 1993, the @impul_official Calsonic GT-R is perhaps one of the most iconic racing cars to ever come out of Japan.

As a tribute to its god-like status, "The Blue Car" is perhaps one of the most "over-done" liveries in the gaming world. Creating a Calsonic replica often feels like a cliché, however, my experience is that many users tend to rush their designs to be the "First" making it hard to find a truly accurate example.

In 2019 the Calsonic GT-R made a rare overseas appearance at the NY Auto Show as part of Nissan's celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Z and GT-R. As a result, the Internet soon flooded with hi-res images which allowed me replicate the car in intricate detail right down to the rivets on the exhaust heat shield.

Other details include the NISMO N1 bonnet lip and bumper vents as well as the dry-break fuel fillers on the boot lid and Takigen boot catches. The latter are further enhanced by employing the technique of masking over a liquid metallic base colour to give the appearance of stainless steel.

Both Nissan and Gran Turismo 4 refer to this as the '93 car, but weirdly it doesn't wear the 1993 livery, if anything its actually closer to the 1990 design. I suspect the car was changed to the earlier look when it was restored as part of the Nissan Heritage Collection.

GT7 Search Tags: #calsonic #jtcc #ecracing

[*Strictly speaking Kazuyoshi Hoshino and Masahiko Kageyama drove the car in 1993]

ECR-MP-03
#32 Nissan Prince Chiba GT-R '95

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-03]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-03]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-03]-04.png

1995 N1 Endurance Series #32 Nissan Prince Chiba GT-R driven by H.Yokoshima / H.Takeuchi.

Change my mind: This car is more significant to the Gran Turismo franchise than the Castrol Supra. It featured heavily in the promotional material for the game and for many westerners would be their first exposure to the mythical Nissan Skyline GT-R.

In-game many Mazda Demios would be sacrificed to get your hands on the BCNR33. Once you'd earnt enough credits you'd buy the Race Modification upgrade and the car would take on the distinctive green/red appearance, this car WAS Gran Turismo.

As with the other RM cars, branding was limited to that of the make and model (a few other pixels suggested smaller [but illegible] decals), but like all the others RM cars you didn't have to squint too hard to see that it was based on a real car; in this case the 1995 @nissan_prince_chiba N1 Endurance Series GT-R.

The Nissan Prince Chiba GT-R was arguably the most successful racing BCNR33s of all time yet it never gained much fame overseas (Mid-90s Coverage of Japanese motorsport was limited and it was only the cars that competed on the western stage that got any attention). I made it my mission to bring this car back to life.

I first replicated this livery in GT Sport and it was no mean feat. Reference material for the car in its early guise was limited and it took a lot of effort to accurately recreate the decals and place them on the car.

Since then, a small number of hi(er)-res images have surfaced which allowed me to review the design. I added more details to the rear of the car (retaining boot springs, exhaust heat shield and dry-break fuel filler) as well as correcting the wheel colour (Most of the photos from the time made them look white when they were in fact silver). GT7 also allowed me to add the windscreen banner and window decals which complete the design.

GT7 Search Tags: #princechiba #falken #ecracing

ECR-MP-04
#13 ENDLESS 86 '18

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-04]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-04]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-04]-04.png

2018 Super Taikyu Series #13 ENDLESS 86 driven by R.Ogawa / T.Takahashi / M.Hanazato / R.Kure.

@endless_japan_official.1 are stalwarts of the Japanese racing scene. Their iconic dark blue livery has graced everything from Nissan GT-Rs and Zs to Porsche 911 GT3s and BMW Z4s. Using racing as a testbed for the their R&D, this helps the brake company stay competitive on the global motorsport stage.

Currently the team focus their efforts on a two car entry in the @supertaikyu_official series running a Mercedes-AMG GT4 and Toyota GR Yaris in the ST-Q and ST-2 classes respectively. Running a variety of production-based vehicles allows their technology to filter down to road car braking systems.

Prior to the GR Yaris, the team ran a Toyota 86 in the ST-4 class. This is my replica of the car as it appeared in the 2018 season. The livery was originally built in GT Sport and adapted to fit the game's Gr.4 spec 86 whilst staying as true to the real car as possible.

Importing into GT7 allowed me to add the windscreen banner and "ST4" decals to the side windows as well as giving me an opportunity to make a few small tweaks here and there.

GT7 Search Tags: #endless #supertaikyu #ecracing

ECR-MP-04
#12 CALSONIC SKYLINE '99

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-05]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-05]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-05]-04.png

1999 All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship #12 CALSONIC SKYLINE driven by K.Hoshino / M.Kageyama.

To be totally honest I was never really keen on the GT500 R34. Something about it reminded me of a space-framed Trans-Am racer and next to the multi-winged R33s that preceded and low-slung R35s that followed, they looked almost crude by comparison. That American aesthetic was further fuelled by the Pennzoil livery which gave the # 1 NISMO car a somewhat NASCAR look.

However, there was a saving grace in the form of the @impul_official machine. The iconic Calsonic livery manages to make any car look good and the 1999 design in particular was very reminiscent of the Gr.A BNR32 GT-Rs.

When the GT500 R34 became available in GT7 I was excited to make my own Calsonic GT-R. As always, the aim was to create the most accurate version as possible although this actually proved to be quite tricky for such a simple design.

To begin with, there are very few images of the 1999 car and combined with the fact that it changed subtly with each round made it hard to decide exactly which version to copy. Ultimately (and coincidently), I went with the same look that the car had when it made its only Gran Turismo appearance in GT2.

[Note: Most people tend to opt for the earlier look replicated by the Tamiya kit and various die cast models. It's identified by the "Impul R-Spec" decal on the rear quarters that was replaced by the "Be Brides" logo (presumably as a tie-in with their title sponsorship of Impul's Formula Nippon entry).]

What I hope sets my version apart from the MANY others is all the little details. For example: I used metallic grey paint for the "headlights" which in turn have been carefully masked to achieve the correct shape (unique to the Impul car). Another little touch is the blue wing mirror stems designed to replicate the real car's anodised items.

GT7 Search Tags: #calsonic #jgtc #ecracing

ECR-MP-04
#13 Falken GT-R '91

ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-06]-01.png
ECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-06]-02.pngECR-IG-GT7-Style-[ECR-MP-06]-04.png

1991 N1 Endurance Series #13 Falken GT-R driven by Y.Muramatsu / S.Katsura.

The iconic teal and blue @falkentyres livery has graced many race cars over the years, but during the 00s the brand was mostly associated with Nissan, racing in the Japanese Super Taikyu Series and regularly entering the 24h Nürburgring with Shift Race Car Engineering-prepared BNR34 GT-Rs. However, these were not the first GT-Rs to don the famous scallops. No, that mantle goes to the BNR32 that was entered into the 1991 N1 Endurance Series.

Sadly the car only ran in Falken dress for one season (it's unclear whether the car was retired or re-liveried for 1992) but it remains an important piece in Falken's history setting the blueprint for every Falken livery that followed (although it would be 2001 before the livery would return to the Super Taikyu Series on the former 5Zigen-backed BNR34 and Pulsar VZ-R N1 prepared by Shift).

When Shift later switched to the Porsche 911 GT3 (996) the Falken livery followed before disappearing from Japanese circuit racing when the series adopted Yokohama control tyres. At this point the livery moved overseas appearing on the ALMS Ford GT and 911 GT3 RSR (997) and latterly becoming a stalwart of the VLN and N24h on the @schnabl_engineering-prepared 911 GT3s (and their BMW M6 GT3).

I originally built a replica of BNR32 quite early on in GT Sport, however, my livery making skills have improved since then, and as a result I ended up re-making the livery from scratch. This allowed me to better tailor the scallops to the lines of the car as well as improving the accuracy of most of the other decals. As always, GT7's window decals allow me to complete the design to a greater level than in GT Sport.

GT7 Search Tags: #falken #supertaikyu #ecracing

ECR-GTP-Brand-TC-01.png

Coming Soon!

ECR-GTP-Brand-SC-01.png

Coming Soon!​

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back