"Blue Moon" tournament!

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 24 comments
United States
Southern Pines
Saber_Leonhart
Cloud Of Advent
Fellow gtplanet fans, lend me your ears! I am gtmaster08 and I have decided to open up the first ever, "Blue Moon" tournament! And as for the rules of this momentous race, please refer to the "Red Sun tournament" thread in the "Gran Turismo 1" section to see them. Only the difference about the car color (don't worry; you'll see it in the Red Sun thread) is that the car must be either purple or blue! And be sure to act fast; there are only 16 spots in the tournament! And I wish you the best of luck in the tournament(s)!👍

I, for one, will make an attempt to enter, but I still need to see a rules list for cars entered.

Edit: Either Shelby Cobra Coupe (Daytona '65) or Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray (1967). I will make a decision.

the only complication I see is those of us in the "unlimited cash" class, IE those of use that used a GameShark. purists involved tend to have a fit.

Unlimited cash shouldn't be a problem. Problem is when you start to use hybrids ;). Gtmaster, how about setting up separate tournaments for GS users (hybrids) and purists?

I'll definitely join. But for the same reason I posted in the "Red Sun" thread it may be quite late before I post my times. For the car I'll probably use the Speed 12 (non-RM) or Calsonic Skyline.

P.S. For those of us in the purist class, I think the Cultus should be banned :D.

mabey you should make a HP or class limit as well...for those who wish to haul monster concepts in :P

the only Hybrid I ever made was by sticking a Viper V10 in a suby 360!

Unlimited cash shouldn't be a problem. Problem is when you start to use hybrids ;). Gtmaster, how about setting up separate tournaments for GS users (hybrids) and purists?

I'll definitely join. But for the same reason I posted in the "Red Sun" thread it may be quite late before I post my times. For the car I'll probably use the Speed 12 (non-RM) or Calsonic Skyline.

P.S. For those of us in the purist class, I think the Cultus should be banned :D.

You know, you're right.💡 Ok, I will make a seperate tournament for the GS users known as the "White Star" tournament! That way, it'll be fair!:)

Sorry for double posting, but I forgot to add the entrant list so far. So here they are!

1. Superberkut (also in the Red Sun tournament)
2. Sniffs
3. LeGeNd-1

I will update the list should any new racers come in! But for now, the first round of the Blue Moon tournament will be in the Seattle Circuit [full]! So do your best and practice on the track until the first round begins!

Good Luck to you all!👍:)

I have a question, I decided to use the TVR Cerbera LM, is it allowed? Because only the bottom half of the body is blue.

I have a question, I decided to use the TVR Cerbera LM, is it allowed? Because only the bottom half of the body is blue.

Hmm... Ok, I'll allow it because it does have SOME blue on it. After all, I never said that the whole car had to be blue, just have blue paint on it somewhere!

Ok then, thanks 👍. Any idea when can we start posting our times? And is a screenshot/picture necessary to prove it?

Ok then, thanks 👍. Any idea when can we start posting our times? And is a screenshot/picture necessary to prove it?

In this order; you may post up your times now but you may not participate in the next round until at least 4 people have their times up, and yes a screenshot/picture would be required!

Here's my time :)

Seattle Circuit Full, [R] TVR Cerbera LM (blue and grey)

Out of curiosity, I tried the Cultus around the same track to see how much better it will perform. Interestingly my fastest lap with the Cultus is only 1 second faster than with the Cerbera.

I will include more information to reinforce the credibility of my entry.

Car: [R] Toyota Chaser TRD Sports X30

Time: 1'26'269
Top speed: 162.31mph

Sectors:
T1: 20'943
T2: 48'932
T3: 1'12'425
Final: 1'26'269

Thank you.

I will include more information to reinforce the credibility of my entry.

Car: [R] Toyota Chaser TRD Sports X30

Time: 1'26'269
Top speed: 162.31mph

Sectors:
T1: 20'943
T2: 48'932
T3: 1'12'425
Final: 1'26'269

Thank you.

No problem, after all, it doesn't really matter about the pics, just as long as you're not one of those cheating GS or AR or CB users!:)

as far as i understood every car is allowed? means that its all left to those unfair uber cars which would definitely do the best time. shouldnt we try to divide it into HP classes like >400hp , >500hp , >600hp , >700hp , 700< hp or something like that?

i know, still way too less limited imo.
you hardly gonna see someone win a race with a 400 hp machine for example. its all down to the very few, most powerfull cars. would be fun to see abit more variety i think.
EDIT: this could be also an idea for a new tournament.

Then race away, my friend. I'm a bit late with this response, but the round can only advance once four racers have their times submitted. Mine's probably been up there since I was born, so the tournament needs to move on.

I would like to join.
I'll use a white and blue TVR Speed 12.

Welcome to the race my friend! Oh, and if there are already 4 times up then I will let you do the track I still have up. Think of it as a "new racer" gift. ;-)

Back