Blue Skyline R30

• Thread starter gt3kid89
  • 10 comments
Paraguay
Asunción
Hi everyone! I raced the 80s Sports Car Cup round at Tahiti Road, and i won the Skyline R30 Silhouette, but it came in blue:confused: Every picture of the car that i searched online and the same car in my old game were red. Is the blue paintjob a real livery? (or its just a made-up by Polyphony). Thank you.

I think it's just made up by PD. Same as other cars (Honda CR-X Del Sol -Red or Black, Mitsubishi GTO LM- Yellow, Grey or White.). But I think the blue R30 is kinda rare. :) (I never got it..).

I've won the blue one as well... part of my favorite way to start a game. Get a Silvia K's 1800cc, slap on a turbo and race flyweel and win 80's Tahiti on day 1(well, day 7 after doing the license tests), then take the R30 to All Stars Red Rock for the Speed 12. Always sell the Speed 12 but keep the R30, love that car! 550,000Cr in the bank on day 9, for only 8 laps of work!

The funny thing is that in my hands the R30 is only 1.5 seconds slower on SSR5 than Speed 12 :D
This thing smokes the entire GT500 field, which is a little bit silly.

Well, it's an 80s monster machine, where the turbos were completely unlimited and had outrageus power figures (the 1.5L 4-cylinder engine from BMW used in F1 had around 1400 HP in qualification setup:eek: and i woulnd't be surprised if the R30 got over the 1000 HP mark) But, you are right, it's disturbingly fast for its power. Sadly, never appeared again in a GT game:( That's sad

Well, while the Skyline had the downforce about default 52/85 (same as other race cars including GT500 stuff), Speed 12 had like 63/91 (the only race car with such high downforce setting in my garages), so this is not the case. It seems to me that this is one of the cars in GT2 that have deliberately buffed up grip, like GT40.

Actually, just checked, and they have the same downforce, surprising since most stock cars don't get that much with race modification... So yeah, maybe R30 has improved grip like the GT40 and Escudo...

Back