blue thunder no go!

• Thread starter 4uzindian
  • 9 comments
i have ps 2 machine running gt4 game. got a blue thunder racing wheel from dumpster. hooked it up with out foot pedals. reverse works. rear view works . gear change works. steering works. gas and brake won't work. went to options settings in gt4 set button choice. still no gas or brake. rather run it with buttons than foot pedals. am i missing something? the outer black cover on wire from whell is smashed open but no wires are cut. the green wire is smashed the most. tryed different button choices that didn't work. foot pedals are not hooked up.

wow just trying to wake up had to read first post twice. at first was trying to figure out what now i'm left trying to figure out why.

the wheel won't work when i program button choice. the buttons on the wheel. square circle etc. can this wheel be used without foot pedals?

you still didn't answer . can this wheel be used with out foot pedals?

The likelihood of anyone being able to answer your question is pretty slim.

It is a very old wheel, and not even a force feedback one at that. You aren't going to find too many people (ie. none) that would even bother with such a wheel around here.

here is your answer provided by IGN:
If you're looking for a steering wheel for your PlayStation or PlayStation 2, then you really should consider InterAct's Blue Thunder Racing Wheel. The only thing going against it is that it doesn't appear to be compatible with Gran Turismo 2 and it might not be compatible with Gran Turismo 3 for the very same reason. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with this steering wheel.

so there you have it, no funcuality, sorry bout that mate

No, you can't run the car with the buttons. Not on ANY wheel, I don't think. Those are purely for menu navigation and possibly in-car functions.

Sorry, pal, but if you wanna move - hook up the pedals! :P

Back