Bluetooth issues

sesselpupser

Bearded Member
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
neema_t
Hi all,

I've got a pair of BackBeat Pro 2 headphones that I use with everything. Until recently they worked fine with my Gigabyte Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combination PCIe card (built on Intel an AC7260 chipset, I think) but it suddenly developed an issue where audio would cut out for a few seconds every 30 seconds or so and stutter a lot, to the point where I'd just take the headphones off out of frustration. A friend of mine who is extremely techy - as in he's a roboticist and has like all the qualifications - mentioned this is probably because cards like the AC7260 'fake' having a bluetooth radio by using the Wi-Fi radio to do the bluetooth stuff, so heavy network traffic will result in dropped bluetooth frames, which makes sense.

So I got an Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle and have it plugged in to the front of my PC. It works fine maybe 70% of the time, but in games the headphones will suddenly disconnect. Sometimes I have to uninstall the device, delete the drivers, unplug it, plug it back in and install the drivers again, sometimes just plugging it in to the neighbouring USB port and back to the first one will do it, although when it happened just now it wouldn't work when I plugged it back into its usual port so it's now in a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port (how is that easier than saying USB 3.0? I have no idea).

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth device that will actually work for me, please? It's getting really annoying now, not least because it was fine for almost a year!

Back