BMW 1-Series (E87) Britcar Saxon Motorsport V10 2014

  • Thread starter Thread starter adam46
  • 10 comments
  • 2,106 views
Messages
2,273
United Kingdom
Hampshire
Messages
AdamWeller_
You read that title correctly!

Britcar regulars Saxon Motorsport have campaigned a Diesel BMW 1 Series for a few years in British Endurance racing, achieving success and reliability. Now, they have built another 1 Series with a 5.0 V10 engine, which I presume they've sourced from a BMW M5.

I can't help but imagine that the car is slightly mad, and for that reason alone, I want it in GT!

http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk/home/?p=5091

saxon_motorsport.jpg
 
I'm more interested how the hell did they manage to fit that engine in. Is it at the front or in the middle?
 
I'm more interested how the hell did they manage to fit that engine in. Is it at the front or in the middle?

I'd like to know that too. I have a contact in the Britcar press office, I'll ask about it.
 
Rather ask about borrowing it for... testing purposes.

So apparently my Britcar contact has left them. I'll try and find out from someone else. I believe the engine is at the front, however.
 
My guess is that it would fit without too much grief. The 1er shell is built to accommodate a longitudinally mounted I6 with turbos. The V10 has been fitted in to 3er tuner cars, and there was once a V12 powered compact!

racing_dynamics_bmw_e36_3_compact_k55_v12_001-2.jpg
 
My guess is that it would fit without too much grief. The 1er shell is built to accommodate a longitudinally mounted I6 with turbos. The V10 has been fitted in to 3er tuner cars, and there was once a V12 powered compact!

racing_dynamics_bmw_e36_3_compact_k55_v12_001-2.jpg

Gosh! Links to that V12 Compact?
 
It would be a nice match for the Megane!
 
Not trying to be a pain here, but mods, if you're going to change thread titles, can they at least be accurate? It's Britcar, not BritCar.

Not trying to start trouble, I'm just a sucker for those little things. :lol:
 
Back