BMW i Vision Dee concept - 3 series - Neue Klasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter ProjectWHaT
  • 84 comments
  • 16,082 views
Alleged leak of the i3 M



Many people have pointed out it looks like the GTO concept from a long time ago

View attachment 1522898

This is what I said about the new 2-Series.
Could seriously stick a Dodge or MG badge on it, for a collaboration with BMW. Just redesign it for next year. Ruined a good line of cars.
Now, they just need to copy a Ford product and the homage to USA design complete.
 
I feel better knowing that this new design direction is for BMW's EVs in particular, and for that purpose, I kinda like it. I even think the newer front for the M4 has grown on me a bit.
 
Last edited:
Alleged leak of the i3 M



Many people have pointed out it looks like the GTO concept from a long time ago

View attachment 1522898

Let's pretend that I don't hate the Trans Am exterior and ask the real question: What the **** are these interiors?

bmw-7-series-2027-06-interior-front-row-oem.jpg


Brother ewww. The steering wheel is literally upside down at best, a Halo energy sword at worst.

halo-title-pic.jpg
 
Hmmm....I like it. To me it just looks mean and "aggressive" if there's such a thing lol! The lines towards the back end will take some getting use to but overall I think that Neue Klass design language is looking much much better than some of the prior iterations they've done. Now I'm very intrigued about what the M3/M4 ice version will look like.
 
More like a TCR GR Corolla sedan than BMW. At least put some double round headlights on it.
1781300356906.webp



Is it really that hard to recreate this?
1781300801446.webp


The E82 1-series was their best shot.
1781301027498.webp
 
Last edited:
Ehh, it just reminds me of the renders for a "new" Pontiac Trans-Am that were all the rage when the 5th gen Camaro came out 15 years ago. It's better looking than the G80, but then again that's not something difficult to do.
 
Ehh, it just reminds me of the renders for a "new" Pontiac Trans-Am that were all the rage when the 5th gen Camaro came out 15 years ago. It's better looking than the G80, but then again that's not something difficult to do.
I was thinking the GTO Concept, but yeah, my brain had the same thought. Doesn't say BMW at all from the front, imo.
gtofront34.jpg
 
It's not a terrible shape, but it is let down by some of the detailing - which is fine as its just a concept at this stage and it's usually the detailing that changes between concept and production.

As it stands, it looks every bit as heavy as it's likely to end up being. That's where we are with BMW M right now: 'Complicate, then add heaviness'.
 
I bet it would have a better identity with the new X5 kidney grille and double round headlights.
 
Hmmm. Don't hate me because I do like these. Can’t see the BMWness in them, but if they gotta change, at least these are simple upright designs with a nod to vertical front clips of the past.
IMG_9208.webp

IMG_9211.webp
IMG_9210.webp


I’m fine with these as long as they don’t have wings n’ things jutting out and off surfaces. I’d like this as a basic touring car like below.
IMG_9212.webp
IMG_9213.webp
 
I actually think the new ICE design is kinda decent, except for the rear lol
 
Last edited:
Yeah, they are killin' me with the sharp Lego corners on the skirts and rear lower side bumper.
 
What an absolutely horrendous-looking car.
 
Looking at the i3, the base 3 and the M350, I think the i3 looks a bit better for some reason between the 3 models IMO...a bit odd considering they are all virtually the same designs. All in all, if that M3 concept that was released is anything to go by, I think the M3 will be the better looking version of this model.
 
Looking at the i3, the base 3 and the M350, I think the i3 looks a bit better for some reason between the 3 models IMO...a bit odd considering they are all virtually the same designs. All in all, if that M3 concept that was released is anything to go by, I think the M3 will be the better looking version of this model.
I'd be surprised if the 3 and the i3 actually share anything, other than some interior bits.

They look similar but when you compare them side by side you can tell that they're actually quite different proportionally. But i agree that the i3 is probably the better looking of the two. The ICE version (G50) looks little more than a heavily face (and tail) lifted G20. The i3, the NA0, has much better proportions IMO. On the road it will be much harder to tell the two apart, but in a studio setting the differences are quite stark.

m50-v-i3-side-830x467.webp
 
I'd be surprised if the 3 and the i3 actually share anything, other than some interior bits.

They look similar but when you compare them side by side you can tell that they're actually quite different proportionally. But i agree that the i3 is probably the better looking of the two. The ICE version (G50) looks little more than a heavily face (and tail) lifted G20. The i3, the NA0, has much better proportions IMO. On the road it will be much harder to tell the two apart, but in a studio setting the differences are quite stark.

View attachment 1568299
Thanks for showing the contrast. I didn't do the side by side comparison but looked at each one separately and thought that while the design looked virtually the same, the i3 just wear it a lot better. I find the m350's proportion very odd to look at and don't like it as much.

Is the front end longer on the ICE version? Is that why?
 
Is the front end longer on the ICE version? Is that why?
The whole glass area looks to have been extended forward on the i3 maybe by 10-12cm? You can see how much closer the back of the front wheel/arch is to the front door. Not needing to house a straight 6 engine block longitudinally in front of the scuttle/dash panel gives them space to do that. Don't know if that allows the i3 any more rear legroom?
 
Last edited:
Lots of EVO X vibes in the back half, from the side profile. I actually think the ICE car has slightly better proportions from the standpoint of "statement product", but I don't think it's as good looking as the G29 car. I hope the idrive system is better than the current car, because I absolutely hate the implementation now. I have a hard time believing they would release a 200hp version of this car in the US market. If it doesn't equal or better the current B48 hp levels in the lease-tier trim, I can't see anyone getting them.

Edit: The four cylinder, rwd 3 series is now as heavy as an R35 GTR. :banghead:
 
Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the 3 and the i3 actually share anything, other than some interior bits.

They look similar but when you compare them side by side you can tell that they're actually quite different proportionally. But i agree that the i3 is probably the better looking of the two. The ICE version (G50) looks little more than a heavily face (and tail) lifted G20. The i3, the NA0, has much better proportions IMO. On the road it will be much harder to tell the two apart, but in a studio setting the differences are quite stark.

View attachment 1568299

Considering the G20 is such a nose heavy car, I think the chunkier rear of the i3 balances out the design far better.
 
For me, I'm not liking the fact that the front lights are about half the height of the front grilles which makes the proportions look all back to front?
 
Oh how we all laughed at Chris Bangle.
 
I'd be surprised if the 3 and the i3 actually share anything, other than some interior bits.
They're basically completely different cars, just sharing the general styling cues and interior bits, because BMW wants to make EVs just part of the regular model range and not some weird side experiment, which I think is the right thing to do.
 
Back