BMW M3 Cup (Failed interest check)Finished 

England
Haywards Heath, West Sussex (i think)
MMR_LukeMitchell
BMW M3 CUP
BMW M3 GT2 BASE MODEL '11
3XddypOv77NdF8Q2W_0.jpg

Summary

I've never seen the BMW M3 being used as a car for a one-make series. In fact, I've rarely seen it being used for one-make races online even though it's one of the twenty cars available. As a stock car it often brings very good and close racing, especially on a circuit like Silverstone.

I'm checking to see if anyone is interested in the idea so here's the technical stuff
Specifications

The car will be the BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11 as shown above, with an oil change. Whether tuning or not will be allowed is up to debate for now. The series will consist of 90 minute endurance races with two pit windows, the first stint being the longest and the other two being of equal distance towards the closing half of the race.
General regulations

The car must not be upgraded except for an oil change.
Racing is subject to the GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules and Regulations as usual.
There will be a 10 minute qualifying session before the race and will then be lined up by manual grid.
All races will start with a standing start with jumpstart penalties switched on.
Drivers must finish at least 90% of the leader's distance to be classified.
If a driver wants to leave the race they must enter the pits and leave as soon as the car is lifted by the pit crew.
If you wish to report an incident send me a message on GTPlanet within 72 hours from race start.
Damage will be set off for qualifying but set to heavy for the race.
There will be two pit windows during the races. Drivers must attend both stops during these windows.
Drivers are allowed to pit in outside of these windows but they do not count towards your two mandatory stops.
Pit stop penalties may be adhered to at any point in the race but will not count towards your two mandatory stops.
Failure to pit during both windows or dirty racing will be penalised.
Points system

Points will be handed out for consistent drivers and for qualifying as well as other criteria.

Points for qualifying:

1st: 10 points
2nd: 9 points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 7 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th: 2 points
10th: 1 point

Points for the race:

1st: 20 points
2nd: 19 points
3rd: 18 points
4th: 17 points
5th: 16 points
6th: 15 points
7th: 14 points
8th: 13 points
9th: 12 points
10th: 11 points
11th: 10 points
12th: 9 points
13th: 8 points
14th: 7 points
15th: 6 points
16th: 5 points

Additional points:

Fastest lap: 3 point
Lap leader: 1 point
Tyre regulations

Only Racing Hard and Racing Medium tyres may be used.
Intermediate and Heavy Wet tyres may only be used in races with weather conditions.
Tyre compounds must be changed at least once only during the pit windows.
If the full race is run on Intermediate or Heavy Wet tyres you do not have to change compounds.
Tyre compounds must not be changed during qualifying.
Compounds must not be changed during pit stop penalties.
Each infraction will be penalised.
Penalties

Penalties work on a point system with a penalised driver receiving a certain amount of points for the severity of an incident they may have caused or been involved in. Penalties will be handed out once a driver receives a certain number of points. Warnings are permanent and can not be dropped.

3 warnings - Pit stop penalty
5 warnings - 3 grid position drop for following race*
6 warnings - 10 point championship penalty
7 warnings - 5 grid position drop for following race**
8 warnings - Start at the back of the grid and pit stop penalty
9 warnings - 20 point championship penalty
10 warnings - Race ban
11 warnings - Two race ban, final warning
12 warnings - Championship ban

*If three places can't be dropped the driver is sent to the back of the grid and the rest of the positions are added the following race
**If five places can't be dropped the driver is sent to the back of the grid and the rest of the positions are added the following race

3 and 5 grid penalties will stack if necessary
Discrimination of any kind will result in a warning
Dates, times and events

The dates and times for the events are TBC

The current provisional calendar contains the following tracks:

Silverstone Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Twin Ring Motegi East
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s
Suzuka Grand Prix 2014
Nürburging GP/F
Eiger Nordwand Short
Deep Forest Raceway
Trial Mountain Circuit
Grand Valley East
Cape Ring South
Clubman Stage Route 5
Circuito de Roma Reverse
Circuit de Madrid Mini Reverse
Teams can be formed of two drivers. For those who do form a team they are eligible for the Team's championship. For those who do not form a team they will enter the Independent championship.

Weather will be based on the real weather conditions determined the week prior.

If I've missed anything give me a shout :)

Could be a popular format, with tuning. But I can't do 90 minute events any more. The car is a great find. @CrazyJohn shared it through his GT6 Community Timeline and I bought it soon after.

Sorry - I'm finished with online racing for now and the lack of interest means I can't go on. I'll try again another time.

Back