BMW Motorsport Z3 (E36/8) Coupe "25 Jahre" 1997

  • Thread starter Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 4 comments
  • 1,032 views

MatskiMonk

(Banned)
Messages
18,026
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Not much is known about this car. It's based on the Z3M Coupe, and is/was on display at the BMW Zentrum at Spartanburg.

(Picures from http://jonsibal.com/)

timthumb.php


mcoupe3.sized.jpg


More pics: http://jonsibal.com/blog/2008/05/bmw-motorsport-z3-race-car/

Spec's aren't available, and I've estimated the year, but it probably used the same engine as the ALMS E46 M3's, and was rumoured to have been developed for Le Mans... personally I think it was just a project to celebrate 25 years of BMW M.

Either way, it's a great looking car IMO... and it would be really interesting to see it race in GT6/7, as it's not really raced anywhere else.
 
Last edited:
Not much is known about this car. It's based on the Z3M Coupe, and is/was on display at the Zentrum at at Spartanburg.

(Picures from http://jonsibal.com/)

timthumb.php


mcoupe3.sized.jpg


More pics: http://jonsibal.com/blog/2008/05/bmw-motorsport-z3-race-car/

Spec's aren't available, and I've estimated the year, but it probably used the same engine as the ALMS E46 M3's, and was rumoured to have been developed for Le Mans... personally I think it was just a project to celebrate 25 years of BMW M.

Either way, it's a great looking car IMO... and it would be really interesting to see it race in GT6/7, as it's not really raced anywhere else.


Looks like a G2/3 spec M Coupe modified to me, nice though 👍
 
Yes, that's a nice Z3. I like it 👍
 
Back