BMW V12 LMR - who likes it or doesn't?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 10Ten
  • 20 comments
  • 1,705 views
Messages
137
been saving bone$ for weeks... still hoping to see a C9 in the CD, but still none. but a BMW V12 LMR? 900kg? over 800hp? hell yeah why not? i bought it, and i love it. it's amazing.

never heard much about this car before, hardly a mention. who here loves it, hates it, or could care less (and why?)?

just curious. TIA. :dopey:
 
I use dell, so i like it :sly:

seriously, a good ride.
 
I watched my BOB drive it, love the exhaust on the downshift, just don't let him drive it on Max Hot attitude.
 
The Toyota GT-ONE is better but the BMW V12 LMR is a good car also I think.
 
It is terrible before you tune the setting, it's ok after that. I would wait for a judd to come up to be honest
 
I don't know how to tune worth a darn and really like this car out of the box. The only thing I have a firm grasp of is setting the max speed high enough that I'm not hitting the rev limiter on straights, and the group C / LMP lot certainly isn't lacking torque so it's not really limiting me more than my driving skills. It's one of my favorite LMP's.
 
10
It is terrible before you tune the setting, it's ok after that. I would wait for a judd to come up to be honest


Dells always require a bit of work to get 'em working right instead of just using them as-is. ;)
 
Probably best-looking LM car in the game. Really like the looks of the headlights. Third, central one looks stupid though.
And it is also fast 👍
 
i find it really tight with all the immediate acceleration you get from the R10, but w/o its hp/tq imbalance making it such a handful. the V12 is absolutely amazing on Deep Forest.

tuning:
i opened up some neg camber, F -.08, R -1.2
dropped it -12mm
set max speed at 242
TC at 3 (surprisingly works if the LSD is set right)
LSD: initial at 5, accel at 25
Racing softs
all else stock.

and i still haven't done engine or chassis rebuilds, and i know i could use it (but not ready to pay up 1,000,000, and the car has low miles). i think i'm at 845hp or somesuch (iirc).

i seriously love this car. i had a love/hate with R10 due to it's odd power balance. this car is like an improved version to me actually. a little smaller, too. and it even sounds good. ;)
 
It's a great car but the Dell stickers harm its looks. Not the best LMP car but close enough to the others.
 
I don't like Dell, but because it won at Le Mans, especially because it was with Tom Kristensen, I just had to have it. (I also have a B-Spec T.Kristinsen, so the realism works)
 
i love this car. so good at places like le mans.

my tuning
whack a big turbo on it, slam the ride height. makes it great :P
 
its not really dont like...

most other LMPs are much faster

but point of it "its a LM car" so i love it :)
 
There are better cars but I love it. Tuned it and did 2:55 on le sarthe no chicanes.
 
Cool im glad people enjoy this car i was hoping my time and money wouldn't be wasted on a car i wont like.
 
I hate it because when i was doing the 200 laps endurance at Indy, the driver would not move out of the way when i was lapping him.
 
I hate it because when i was doing the 200 laps endurance at Indy, the driver would not move out of the way when i was lapping him.

:lol:
yes i had the same problem repeatedly at Deep Forest today. funny i don't remember that when i was lapping them in my R10.
 
best Time of 6:25 on the Nür ring with this beast, you'll get 6:40 with 1 crash, it takes time to align up from the grass......

my Experimental settings: I just wing it on the go, I'm no expert, just these work well on my G25 for all my 500HP+ cars

LSD 25/35/20, MT, HighRPM-Turbo(i think Turbo kills engine FAST), Racing HARDS, raised height 2/3, mild neg camber -.07/.-.07, dampers at 6, Rear Toe .12, Front Toe, I usually set -.01 for all cars. tranny at 410km, brakes 6/3(rarely use em)==>, use downshift to decel / compress==> end procedure with throttle revlock at set speed, then squeeze the throttle on your way to the next immediate slowdown lol, dont go too fast in even mild apex.

note: modulate throttle, because stepping on the gas in 4th gear, from standstill, unleashes tire melt on the track, lol. What a blast!

This is the new ultimate driving machine for me in this game.
 
Last edited:
Back