Bmw

  • Thread starter Thread starter palik
  • 14 comments
  • 753 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
25
Do you like a new style of BMW?????In my opinion is the best and Chris Bangle is wonderful
 
I believe there is at least one recent thread about this.

I like the new M5 but not nearly as much as the old one, the Z4 isn't very good at all, the 7 is a tumor on wheels, the new 3 sedan is a lateral move, the 6 is interesting but way to huge.
 
Oh no here we go again hehehe
 
Yeah, we already did this. A well thought out thread of inteligent debate it was, too. Now that thats all finished, we can devote a thread to childish insults and name calling.
Chris Bangle is the offspring of the village idiot and a turnup. His designs have all the appeal of a blighted potato. He should be strung up by his nuts over a giant blender with bulletproof cable and given only a shotgun to free himself.
 
Say what you will about Bangle, but sales are up and brand identity's as high as ever. Like I always say on this topic: you may not like it, but unless you have the cash to take your money elsewhere, BMW doesn't care. Remember, money talks.
 
I too like the designs. I love the Z4, and sound of the engine as you put the car to 60 as fast as you can with engine roaring. Personally, I'd get the 7 series in black with one certain type of wheels. Same with the 7 series before it.

Like M5 said, you don't like the design, BMW doesn't care b/c obviously many people love the 6 series. As of right now, all BMW dealers in the northeast part of Texas are out, and won't have any till 2005. The same goes for the Mini Coopers. BMW obviously knew about the 6 series sells going up, and must have known that a M6 needed to be built. IMHO, I think the M6 is going to sell well.
The 6 isn't really huge. Its a little big, but hey, for a car like that, who cares.
 
My new definition of BMW's styling, and word referrence.
In a phrase :
"All Bangled up." - The car is so odd yet elegant looking, you can't help but take a second look.
In a sentence:
"Whoa man, is that car ever Bangled up!" - This person has just seen a very strange car. Either a civic covered in 200lb's of plastic, or a BMW 5 series.
 
Know what BMW rocked? 1985-1986 BMW 524td. BMWness and 32mpg. And there's like nine on AutoTrader this very minute. Bangle had nothing to do with that one.

Oh, and if anyone ever tells you BMW never made a turbo, whip that out.
 
I will go one better and name 2 more BMW turbocharged cars, BMW 2002 Turbo (1973/74), also BMW 745i (1980-86). 👍
I don't like BMWs anymore because of the styling. I like the new Mercedes C-class, that's a nice looking car IMO. I am spending my money either on Mercedes or Audi, or even Caddy CTS-V. So BMW should care.

old 3 series

old 5 series
 

Attachments

  • e12publicityshot.jpg
    e12publicityshot.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 15
new bmws are ugly. an opinion, i think, shared by many.

the concept M1 also had a tuboed engine.
 
The 5 series is 1 of the most aggresive looking cars on the market now(to me at least).

Just got to love those headlights..and those edges somehow make it looks soo nice 👍
 
Havent we already had like 20 threads with this same discussion?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back