BMWC Race: 11/05 Suzuka FWD 550PP MINI (World Event)

• Thread starter Rated-M3
  • 29 comments
Rated-M3
Suzuka FWD 550PP Expert

Frday, November 11, 2010
North America - 7:00PM - 1:00AM EDT Find your time zone
Europe - 7:00PM - 1:00AM CEST (1:00pm - 7:00PM EDT) Find your time zone

Start times: :10 :40 of each hour

Car of choice:
MINI Cooper

Restrictions: 550PP exact, R tires only.

No pace car.

Meet in "BMW Club Event Chat 1." You may save this chat room for future events. If you need a chat invitation, add me or send a message. This event is open invitation, we ask that all participants abide by our rules of clean, respectful racing.

Rules:
• One is expected to race cleanly and respectfully.
- No contact - try to avoid any contact at all.
- If contact is made unintentionally, please wait for the other driver after they recover.
- No blocking - this includes not giving space to cars on the side of you
- No draft dodging

• Keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times. Taking short cuts is not permitted. If you run off the road, please re-enter the track without interfereing with other drivers. Track is defined as between the white lines.

Last edited:
Find your time zone here

You don't have to show up at the start of the event. That is just the general start time. Matching through out the afternoon/evening will be on the :05, :25, & :45 minute mark of every hour. Be sure to sync your PS3 clock via internet for accurate matching.

Last edited:
Thanks for this event. I started using the M3 since 2 nights ago, as the NSX-R is too dominant, as well as the Lotus. This should be great fun. I'm in. Please invite me
PSN: darrenpeetham05

Races will be starting soon. I will be sending out 2 chat rooms. "BMW Club Event Chat 1" & "BMW Blub Event Chat 2" Chat 1 will be the primary chat, Chat 2 will be for secondary use or if Chat 1 fills up. I will only be in Chat 1.

If you need an invite, PM via PS3 or send a friend request. If you have friend that is in the chat, you can ask for an invite from him/her too.

I joined for a few races but couldn't hang. First week with a wheel. One of these days i might be able to keep up with the pack haha. Had fun, thanks for putting this together!

My connection sucked tonight.

Question: How do I sync my game time to the online time?

Set your ps3 time and date via internet, xmb menu -> settings -> date and time settings.

What were you guys average lap times? I'm curious as I've been running a different car on s1/s1 and going 15's to 16's. Till I wreck and get pen :crazy:

Set your ps3 time and date via internet, xmb menu -> settings -> date and time settings.

What were you guys average lap times? I'm curious as I've been running a different car on s1/s1 and going 15's to 16's. Till I wreck and get pen :crazy:

I seemed to be running in the 16.7-17.3 range in free run, but the actual race was quite a bit different, depending on the draft. I think my fastest lap of the night was 15.7. M3 on S3s.

There was a lot of good close racing... and a punter in a yellow NSX. Private lobbies / the ability to vote out players can't get here soon enough.

I joined for a few races but couldn't hang. First week with a wheel. One of these days i might be able to keep up with the pack haha. Had fun, thanks for putting this together!

Keep on practicing, or getting use to the wheel, whichever is needed. If you need a tune or help tuning, don't be shy to ask. I and plenty of others are willing to share.

Thanks to all that came out. It was an awesome night, a lot of good racing, a lot of great racers. I wish I could make the events more time friendly for others. Look forward to another event Friday. I will edit this post rather than create a new post. See you guys then.

Thanks for this event RM3.
I just had a slight concern from last night though, it seems some guys didn't use S3s on the M3, coz they were obviously faster on the main straight. I really don't have a problem with this, but others might, due to the unrealistic slipstream. I could be wrong, but who knows.

I hope to be on again tonight. It was great fun.

I was running 1:18's. Good thing I didn't make it in. :sly: I'll have to drop down in tires so I can run more hp, less weight.

Keep on practicing, or getting use to the wheel, whichever is needed. If you need a tune or help tuning, don't be shy to ask. I and plenty of others are willing to share.

I'll take any tips i can get when it comes to tuning. I was driving the BMW Concept last night on S3 tires. If someone has some pointers on a good setup to test out, feel free share as i need all the help i can get!

DCP
Thanks for this event RM3.
I just had a slight concern from last night though, it seems some guys didn't use S3s on the M3, coz they were obviously faster on the main straight. I really don't have a problem with this, but others might, due to the unrealistic slipstream. I could be wrong, but who knows.

I hope to be on again tonight. It was great fun.

My tune was running as low 1' 16.3" without slipstream. A lot of the guys were using the tune provided by Clacksmans last Sucka-Free-Sunday race. Edit: Recalling, I didn't get to run with you because of time difference. What time did you and the others start racing?

Aaron_M: More hp, doesn't neccessarily make you faster. I would take tire grip and less weight over hp. Check out the tune below. The suspension settings applicable to the both 1 series and the M3. Z4 needs some work due to its nature.

Here is a tune for the Concept tii
0hp, 89%wt, S3's
-12/-11, 7/6, 4/4, -.02/+.01, 1.5/1.2, 7/6, 38/off/1
Gear:
3rd- 98mph
4th- 123mph
5th- 155
6th- 180

Not by my PS3 right now, but that is pretty close (from memory) to what I was running last night on the 135i. Should put you down in the 1 16s.

Last edited:
I'll take any tips i can get when it comes to tuning. I was driving the BMW Concept last night on S3 tires. If someone has some pointers on a good setup to test out, feel free share as i need all the help i can get!

This is a claksman tune from SFS (Sucker Free Sunday)
BMW M3
1'16.4
-16 86% S2s x -25s 6/5 2/3 -.06/+.08 1.5/1.0 4/6 x 37 off 1
3.38L 2.054L 1.426L 1.2 1.0 .85 4.699

I used weight around 90 and S3 tires (forgot HP just adjust for 550pp)

It was good for mid 16's for me free run.

Excellent event and a blast to be in such tight races some full grids of 12 too.

:)

Once again, another great night of racing. A few familiar GTPers came out. Thank you for attending. We hope to see you guys again next time. Next months update will behold our next set of events.

Good night of racin' at Fuji M3, thanks buddy. A lot of people using the Mini as I guess they're gettin' some practice in for the Endurance race on Sunday! The Golf just had the edge for me, but both cars were deceptively quick with an R1 tyre lock. Saw best of 1'51.7 (Golf) and 1'52.2 (Mini), no draft.

Thanks to everyone for takin' part, especially Peyepete and Solarr for some great races towards the end in a mix of Golf's and Mini's. :)

its going to be a fun race

Sorry my friend, you posted a day after the event. You didn't miss much as a lot of people came during the last hour.

Post updated. DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND :sly:, european times have been added. See PSN member zach-ska for chat invite. Please report how racing and attendance is as I will not be able to make it until the end of the night for you guys.

hey, this event sounds fun! I think I'll join the race this friday...hopefully I can get connected with some of you

If anyone wants to add me:

PSN: Clutch3411
PSN: GTP_Clutch3411

If I'm doing a WRS challenge, I'm on GTP, other then that I just use Clutch3411. Add both if you don't mind! :) See you on the track!

Updated.

Please note, just because you do not see me in attendance, does not mean the event is not in progress. My gaming time has been greatly reduced. Please try to recieve a chat invite from others you may encounter. If not, you can always make your own chat.

Here is a link to the Club Calender for future reference.
Calender

Back