BNE Airport to develop world's biggest car dealership site

Australia
Brisbane
jimipitbull
Thought this may be of interest to some here. Apologies if it's already been posted, I did look

"THERE will soon be a new meaning to taking a new car for a test drive around the block.

A world-first car dealership site next to Brisbane Airport will open in 2020 with its own race track and test drive circuit — so buyers don’t get spooked by other traffic when testing a new model.

The 51 hectare-site — almost as big as Brisbane’s CBD — will house up to 25 dealerships from most major brands, giving buyers the opportunity to compare rival cars in the same driving conditions."

dbe921087557fd6b32c159ed17c480a6

I've lived in Brisbane for about 25 years. To my knowledge, outside of cane toads and the number of people with two heads, it's never had the biggest of anything before.

Discuss.

Thought this may be of interest to some here. Apologies if it's already been posted, I did look

"THERE will soon be a new meaning to taking a new car for a test drive around the block.

A world-first car dealership site next to Brisbane Airport will open in 2020 with its own race track and test drive circuit — so buyers don’t get spooked by other traffic when testing a new model.

The 51 hectare-site — almost as big as Brisbane’s CBD — will house up to 25 dealerships from most major brands, giving buyers the opportunity to compare rival cars in the same driving conditions."

dbe921087557fd6b32c159ed17c480a6

I've lived in Brisbane for about 25 years. To my knowledge, outside of cane toads and the number of people with two heads, it's never had the biggest of anything before.

Discuss.
Wow that's really cool. Its an interesting idea for sure. I wonder if there will be testing fees. Surely, right?

It's a great idea. There's heaps of unused land near the airport, and it's not much good for anything else.
Too bad our automotive industry is in decline, I doubt there will be many vehicles manufactured in Australia by 2020.

It's a great idea. There's heaps of unused land near the airport, and it's not much good for anything else.
Too bad our automotive industry is in decline, I doubt there will be many vehicles manufactured in Australia by 2020.
I doubt that would affect the success of something like this. I mean, it will probably still include Holden's, made in the AU or not. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back