Bob-A profile.

• Thread starter lolwarlol
  • 16 comments
Bob is an interesting character he has a few traits that may help you understand what is going on with him.

Authority Problem.

Bob has a real problem with authority, not many people like being told to do but Bob especially hates it. He reacts badly to suggestions. This is clearly seen when you ask Bob to increase pace. The second you have given that instruction, Bob, in protest, will inevitably hit the brake. Even if he is on a straight.

Communication issues.

Bob has real rouble understanding simple words. You and I know what they mean but they take on a whole new meaning in Bobs brain. If we were in a car and you were driving and I uttered one single word, "Overtake", you would know that i meant i was suggesting you overtake the car in front. Bob however thinks this means that someone is behind us, and that he should pull over so that they may overtake us.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Bob is quite simple really. He is the sort of person that if you ran past him on the street he would start running too with no idea where he was running too or why. This then explains why when a car a short distance in front of him starts to fishtail Bob does the same.

Manners maketh man.

Côte d'Azur, you're in the historical car cup, that stupid square ended nonsense car has crashed into the chicane. Oh no! I hear you cry, what can be done? Relax, it is ok. Bob's on his way. Instead of being selfish and going round the car to gain some sort of advantage, Bob gently cruises straight in to that stupidly fast thing to send it on its way so that for the 30th time that day it wins and Bob trails in in 8th place. Such manners he has.
Should Bob make a mistake and his car leaves the track he'll firstly come to a full stop so that he can asses the situation. For safety he will stick his arm out of the window and wave past all the cars until they are a safe distance away then pull back on to the track.

Some may say that many of these issues are down to his eyesight. This could be a reason and may well explain why Bob instead of overtaking a car just drives into the back of it again and again and again. No, I am afraid that the problems are a lost worse than that. If only they could be solved with contact lenses or glasses.

Fear not though because he does win through. True he keeps these traits from Level 0 through to Level 40 but he somehow manages to win races, despite himself. With some patience, understanding, foul and offensive language screamed at the screen and a little controller throwing you to can go on to have a fruitful relationship with this tone deaf, ignorant little man.

Thank you for listening.

I have won trophy for .100 second win from bob in NASCAR --then lost next race in 12 after leading every lap when Bob deciced he had enough on last lap lost his mind and burned tires on every corner --spun before bridge --let WHOLE pack pass before resuming ..then destroyed tires for an amusing try at getting my head to pop off ...as he wandered to finish last *-* ---half stregth --no logic ...he is retired now ,,I hope whatever mental ward he is in has good pie .

Very good... and the reason I only play B spec AFK. Start the race... leave the room to do something else... so far if I have set his car up right he ends up winning. In all reality I'd rather them kill off B-spec and make more A-spec races requiring odd cars that you don't always have or drive often.

On some occasions I believe that Bob is a good driver, when I hand him something extremely powerful (X2010, FGT) he pulls it off, flawless. Then I give him a **** car...well, we all know what happens then

On some occasions I believe that Bob is a good driver, when I hand him something extremely powerful (X2010, FGT) he pulls it off, flawless. Then I give him a **** car...well, we all know what happens then

Interesting statement as my Bob in a X2010 will not overtake for the whole straight of the Indy circuit if there are two cars side by side. You could fit 5 cars side by side comfortably on Indy but oh no, no my Bob. Then when there is one car, he won’t pass when they move over for me. He waits until they take back the racing line and passes within an inch of them. You have a mile of room Bob... USE IT.

Interesting statement as my Bob in a X2010 will not overtake for the whole straight of the Indy circuit if there are two cars side by side. You could fit 5 cars side by side comfortably on Indy but oh no, no my Bob. Then when there is one car, he won’t pass when they move over for me. He waits until they take back the racing line and passes within an inch of them. You have a mile of room Bob... USE IT.

Hmm, strange, even if you keep punching overtake? My Bob has literally no problems with the x2010 on that (or the high speed ring), keeps lapping like a maniac.
Historic Car Cup destroyed him though, completely drained his mental and physical strength after trying to overtake for more than 6 laps. And me shouting at him..:)

Hmm, strange, even if you keep punching overtake? My Bob has literally no problems with the x2010 on that (or the high speed ring), keeps lapping like a maniac.
Historic Car Cup destroyed him though, completely drained his mental and physical strength after trying to overtake for more than 6 laps. And me shouting at him..:)

He would overtake, just on the bends/corners more so than the straights. :(

I've taken my Bob out to lunch for a quick pep talk. I explained that it's ok to rub paint. It's ok to out brake others. You don't need to slip stream on the straights when you can accelerate faster and have 100km/h on the other cars. I've offered Bob some longer races. I even offered Bob some better cars. Do you know what Bob said?

Nothing!

Now I don't know if my Bob is offended at me dressing him in yellow. But C.Cobb, what else could I do?

I dont know if he was upset at the quality of the first car I gave him. But that's the game Bob! That's the game!

Sorry Bob, you know I love you!

This posts has more truth in it than a chaste Nun. Does that makes any sense? But anyway, my bob just won the Like A Wind Indy race by 0.27 seconds and unlike a previous poster referring to bob not passing to make it three wide, well, my bob did that in this race. He went on the inside on the straight to pass 2 side by side cars. Maybe my bob is just a freak. :indiff:

Thank you all for your kind words. I have a healthy relationship with my Bob. Like an old, blind and deaf dog he has become an integral part of the family. Yes I should probably take him to the vet to be put down but at times, when I am low, I look at at him and think that my life is not so bad after all. It is true that I would like to take Bob to the land of Ezio Auditore da Firenze and slaughter him at times but this feeling passes when he is able to win a Sunday cup race in the rocket is has cost me thousands to build for him.

I just wish my Bob was a little less image conscious. I can repaint a car Bob. Your not 'The Stig' so answer me when I yell angry gibberish at you Bob.

From being a pretty good driver before, he turned into an incompetent fool.
GT Allstars - Trial Mountain circuit - X2010 results in:
1 clean lap.
9 laps of spinning on the last bump,with me telling him to pace DOWN. what a pretzel..

Latest Posts

Back